PDA

View Full Version : Allen Patrick's sprained ankle and WR's starting to grumble

usmc-sooner
11/7/2006, 06:26 PM
Patrick didn't practice today or yesterday maybe Wednesday. Wilson getting Gute and Brown maybe Madu ready for Saturday. Wilson says AP will probably be ready to go by Saturday.

According to the Tulsa World, Malcolm Kelly not too happy about the lack of passing in the last couple of games.

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/7/2006, 06:47 PM
If anyone has heard Kelly's interview he in not going T-O on us or anything. He simply said anyone playing WR would be frustrated if they never caught a ball.

mightysooner
11/7/2006, 06:48 PM
The WR's have a legitimate complaint I think. They're studs and they're not being utilized. Malcolm Kelly is one of the best in the nation and he's not getting touches.

OUHOMER
11/7/2006, 06:56 PM
Dont blame Kelly at all. We need a balanced attack, thats what got us here IMO

oumartin
11/7/2006, 06:58 PM
yes you need a balanced attack bu if the running game is there you are really dumb for going ahead and trying to do fiffty/fifty. The run has been awful good the last couple games.

StoopTroup
11/7/2006, 07:03 PM
So we are good when we got the runs?

OUfan7
11/7/2006, 07:05 PM
Patience...We need to keep running the ball until they put 7 or 8 in the box and then we toast'em with the WR's and the TE's. I think it's working pretty good right now, Kelly and the boys are gonna get theirs, just hang in there.

SoonerInFla
11/7/2006, 07:07 PM
Just keep winning.

usmc-sooner
11/7/2006, 07:17 PM
yes you need a balanced attack bu if the running game is there you are really dumb for going ahead and trying to do fiffty/fifty. The run has been awful good the last couple games.

Do you think that 100 yards during the last 3 quarters of last weeks game was good?

I don't have the answers to everything but to say the running game was working last week is a little off. It worked for 2 possesions. Granted PT has a tendancy to overthrow a few, and the WR's drop way too many. But Kelly is a future NFLer, we've got 2 studs at TE, Iglesias and and Johnson can be playmakers, let's get them involved in the game.

picasso
11/7/2006, 07:19 PM
I can understand pounding it like we did but geesh take a deep shot now and then.

also, it was said that Patrick is walking so it can't be that bad. this comes from my experiences.

mrowl
11/7/2006, 07:24 PM
is it WR's? or Just Kelly complaining?

usmc-sooner
11/7/2006, 07:32 PM
is it WR's? or Just Kelly complaining?

I think just Kelly and I don't think he was truly complaining but on the verge of it.

Sorry my bad.

Harry Beanbag
11/7/2006, 07:38 PM
If it's the same article I read, he wasn't really complaining. He said he understood what was going on and there were other reasons for it. Too bad gdc isn't around anymore to post the Tulsa World articles.

soonersam
11/7/2006, 07:41 PM
Take everything written in the TW very seriously......................................... .............................. NOT!

OU-HSV
11/7/2006, 07:57 PM
I think AP has filled in great for AD, minus the few fumbles. He is a threat in the backfield and as long as he's filling in, I still think defenses have to respect our run game. Eventually you'd think this would open up more passing opportunities. Kelly is a stud, and I'd like to see us get Gresham more involved cause he's a freak. But Iglesias has proven several times now that he's not super reliable...and more than once it seems he's dropped some third down conversion attempts. I was telling my friends the other night that I don't understand why we continue giving Iglesias so many reps, and that maybe we should let Fred Strong get more than Iglesias. Oh well, as long as we continue to win, maybe we shouldn't b*tch.

birddog
11/7/2006, 08:02 PM
here

http://www.newsok.com/article/2967651/

OU-HSV
11/7/2006, 08:11 PM
here

http://www.newsok.com/article/2967651/
Well, that wraps this thread up I guess..Thanks for posting that article.

nativesooner
11/7/2006, 08:16 PM
I don't think MK was really complaining, I think the Tulsa World just likes to stir up shhhh...Adrian could tell one of the TW reporters he doesn't like standing on the sidelines and they'd turn it into "PETERSON NO LONGER LIKES OU" Those guys always try to report negatively on OU. This weekend I'm sure we'll see a little more balance but if your RB's are getting 8 yards a pop they'll keep feeding them the ball....

booomer
11/7/2006, 08:47 PM
Well, under the offense that Wilson runs, I won't be surprised if prospect WRs and TEs overlook OU.

jbstrick
11/7/2006, 08:51 PM
Well, that wraps this thread up I guess..Thanks for posting that article.

Exactly. After reading the article, I dont see complaining at all. All he is saying is he would like yo get the ball more. Who wouldn't? It would be like asking AD if he wishes he could touch the ball every play. :cool:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/7/2006, 08:52 PM
yes you need a balanced attack, but if the running game is there you are really dumb for going ahead and trying to do fiffty/fifty, until they stack the defensive line. fixed

jk the sooner fan
11/7/2006, 08:56 PM
i could have sworn we won that game saturday

guess not.....

colleyvillesooner
11/7/2006, 08:56 PM
heh

jk the sooner fan
11/7/2006, 08:59 PM
you glass half empty folks can go.........

well, you know

jeezus some of you are never satisfied

Blitzkrieg
11/7/2006, 09:00 PM
Let's start winging the ball around Kyle field. What could possibly go wrong?

Oh yeah, that's what the 2002 Sooners said.

picasso
11/7/2006, 09:02 PM
Let's start winging the ball around Kyle field. What could possibly go wrong?

Oh yeah, that's what the 2002 Sooners said.
hey Blitz, thought you were dead man!;)

oh and I thought our D lost that game.

usmc-sooner
11/7/2006, 09:07 PM

well, you know

I know you Army guys take what you can get, but us Marines expect domination

Sorry I raised your expectations :D

jk the sooner fan
11/7/2006, 09:07 PM
seriously, reading your posts, you'd think we lost the game

usmc-sooner
11/7/2006, 09:19 PM
seriously, reading your posts, you'd think we lost the game

really?

I didn't think so, just think when we complete 3 passes in a tight game, there might be problems down the road.

Hopefully I'm an idiot

jk the sooner fan
11/7/2006, 09:23 PM
look at the total picture, has he had problems completing passes all season? is it possible he had a bad game? is it possible the coaches felt like we were having success running, and nothing bleeds a clock dry like a good run game....or maybe they saw "hey PT's not having a good nite for whatever reason"

we know PT isnt Jason White nor Josh Heupel.....he's exceeded MOST fans expectations......he had a bad nite, we won the game in spite of it

the coaches did what was necessary to win the game

sooneron
11/7/2006, 09:33 PM
This thread has taken a turn for stupider.
PT had a bad game. It's going to happen. texas would have ran the ball every play if the aggies played the D alignment they did on Saturday. At the beginning of this season , everyone said, "Yeah, I just hope PT keeps us in games and doesn't blow it". What happens? He has some good games and suddenly everyone is forgetting what he was doing a year ago. If you had told me that we'd have 2* losses AFTER the atm game, I would have been ecstatic back in early Sep.

This team took a slight baby step backwards on Saturday night (offensively speaking) but we all know what this unit is capable of. They'll fix it again. Do you seriously think at the team meetings PT ISN'T telling Josh and Wilson that he was cold in the game due to few attempts? Not to mention, that looked like a sturdy wind to me.

OU-HSV
11/7/2006, 09:51 PM
Let's lock this thread up! heh

OU Adonis
11/7/2006, 11:41 PM
Do you think that 100 yards during the last 3 quarters of last weeks game was good?

It beats a 25% completion percentage during that game.

And if you say "Well if he threw the ball more he would complete more" I say if we ran the ball even more we would have a better chance to break one. (A la 76 yarder that got called back)

usmc-sooner
11/8/2006, 07:18 AM
look all I'm trying to say is that I think PT and our receiving corps are better than what they showed.

I'm extremely happy with the win at Kyle Field.

I am dissapointed in our offense getting shut out for the last three quarters of the game. If that makes me stupid or negative then so be it. I think we could've done better.

Mjcpr
11/8/2006, 09:44 AM
Why all the complaining, I thought our offense was supposed to be better with AD gone?

jk the sooner fan
11/8/2006, 10:01 AM
is it possible that a&m stepped up their defensive efforts in the second half?

jwlynn64
11/8/2006, 10:04 AM

Don't you know, anthing short of a shut out or a touchdown by our offense means we suck. Nothing the other team does affects that!!! ;)

usmc-sooner
11/8/2006, 10:11 AM

obviously they did.

Like I said I was just dissapointed that we didn't score the last three quarters. Had AP's 76 yarder counted or had we put in the endzone after the int. I doubt I'd be frustrated at all.

jk the sooner fan
11/8/2006, 10:12 AM
oh the irony.......the guy that gets flagged for holding on the touchdown run that would have ended your angst........malcolm kelly

CincySooner
11/8/2006, 10:40 AM
Call me crazy but I think the bigger issue is...

Patrick has a sprained ankle?!?!

when did this happen?

colleyvillesooner
11/8/2006, 10:42 AM
Bottom line is this team is right where everybody hoped/thought it would be after the Bomar thing. 2 losses, at Oregon and to Texas. No doubt in my mind that if we start slinging it around in that game, with the off night PT was having, we probably lose. PT was off, the run game was working and WE NEVER TRAILED IN THE GAME!!!

colleyvillesooner
11/8/2006, 10:43 AM

when did this happen?

Near the end of the game is the theory. He hasn't practiced this week, but will be ready to go on Saturday. Expect him to get a few less carries, with Gute and Brown sharing the load a little more.

proudsoonergal
11/8/2006, 11:29 AM
So, we are now down to our THIRD string back? Not that I'm complaining - I like Gute - but this season is getting ridiculous. Why don't we spot Texas Tech some points while we're at it? ;)

usmc-sooner
11/8/2006, 11:35 AM
well it makes the move to play Brown look pretty good. I think Allen plays Saturday just might not get his usual 35 carries.

jwlynn64
11/8/2006, 11:40 AM

when did this happen?

I remember him limping off the field at the end of the game. The commentators memtioned it. Must not be too bad.

Sooner_Bob
11/8/2006, 11:41 AM
If Gute and Brown can handle things hopefully AP will get a little break if he needs it.

Either way I hope this team is more than prepared to beat the snot outta the Red Raiders.

Ash
11/8/2006, 11:42 AM
Bottom line is this team is right where everybody hoped/thought it would be after the Bomar thing. 2 losses, at Oregon and to Texas. No doubt in my mind that if we start slinging it around in that game, with the off night PT was having, we probably lose. PT was off, the run game was working and WE NEVER TRAILED IN THE GAME!!!

I wish I could agree with you, but then I wouldn't have anything to b1tch about.

BIG_IKE
11/8/2006, 11:44 AM
Johnson > Iglesias.....and we need to get back to how we started. Multi-dimensional. We can't regress at this point in the season. People can say what they want, but if we could throw on Texas we can damn sure throw on A&M.

And before anyone points out the Whorns Pass Defense ranking, we know that is the most misleading stat in all of college football right now. If there are 112 secondaries better than the Whorns then show me.

We should have lit A&M up in the air. That game should not have been close. Even with their DB's 20 yards deep we still have SO MUCH talent catching the ball we should have picked them apart. We did it earlier in the season WITH Ad racking up a ton of yards.

Ash
11/8/2006, 11:46 AM
really?

I didn't think so, just think when we complete 3 passes in a tight game, there might be problems down the road.

Hopefully I'm an idiot

It's not that dumb a concern. But don't you think that if the coaches thought we could win (that is, gave us the best chance to win) by slinging the rock around more - they would have tried it?

Ash
11/8/2006, 11:48 AM
Johnson > Iglesias.....and we need to get back to how we started. Multi-dimensional. We can't regress at this point in the season. People can say what they want, but if we could throw on Texas we can damn sure throw on A&M.

And before anyone points out the Whorns Pass Defense ranking, we know that is the most misleading stat in all of college football right now. If there are 112 secondaries better than the Whorns then show me.

We should have lit A&M up in the air. That game should not have been close. Even with their DB's 20 yards deep we still have SO MUCH talent catching the ball we should have picked them apart. We did it earlier in the season WITH Ad racking up a ton of yards.

Whatever you think of the numbers, the fact is the whorn secondary is not very good - at least, it's not as good as it was supposed to be.

MiccoMacey
11/8/2006, 11:48 AM
I like the fact that Brown could get some significant carries.

I was a little miffed that his redshirt was pulled for one game in the fourth quarter and given some meaningless carries.

I hope he get at least 10-15 carries Saturday.

Scott D
11/8/2006, 11:52 AM
I wonder if we would have seen something like this from that guy who thought he was a gunslinger above the law last season.

Quarterback Paul Thompson will be looking to get on track after completing just 3 of 12 passes for 39 yards last week. He did, though, run seven yards for a touchdown to give the Sooners a 14-3 lead in the first quarter.

"It's a big win, but I don't think my play was close to par," said Thompson, who is averaging 178.3 passing yards per game. "There's a lot of things I could have done better."

usmc-sooner
11/8/2006, 11:52 AM
I like the fact that Brown could get some significant carries.

I was a little miffed that his redshirt was pulled for one game in the fourth quarter and given some meaningless carries.

I hope he get at least 10-15 carries Saturday.

you werern't the only one when it happened I thought it was the wrong move.

jwlynn64
11/8/2006, 12:08 PM
Get over it Big Ike. We didn't throw against Colorado because the wind was blowing about 40mph. We threw OK against Mizzu.

We didn't throw against aTm because we didn't need to the first two drives. When we needed to start throwing, PT was off target and when he was on target, our receivers were dropping balls. This led to 3, 4 and 5 play drives and out. Once this started, we never got into a rhythm so the pass game never got going.

I'm sure that the play calling was conservative because when we did try to pass, bad things happened. Sometimes it just not working and when something else has shown more promise, you go back to that.

I don't think that we took a step back. I think that we just had a bad game.

BIG_IKE
11/8/2006, 12:11 PM
Whatever you think of the numbers, the fact is the whorn secondary is not very good - at least, it's not as good as it was supposed to be.

The Whorn secondary is what beat us in the RRS. They would have 3 losses NU,OU,TT) without the play of their secondary.

Against us....

Whorns Secondary
37 Tackles
2 Interceptions
3 Forced Fumbles
2 Fumble Recoveries
1 Touchdown

They lose without about 1/3 of those stats....

BIG_IKE
11/8/2006, 12:13 PM
Get over it Big Ike. We didn't throw against Colorado because the wind was blowing about 40mph. We threw OK against Mizzu.

We didn't throw against aTm because we didn't need to the first two drives. When we needed to start throwing, PT was off target and when he was on target, our receivers were dropping balls. This led to 3, 4 and 5 play drives and out. Once this started, we never got into a rhythm so the pass game never got going.

I'm sure that the play calling was conservative because when we did try to pass, bad things happened. Sometimes it just not working and when something else has shown more promise, you go back to that.

I don't think that we took a step back. I think that we just had a bad game.

I suppose your right....
At least we won. I think I just miss the days of us dominating people whichever way we want. I'm impatient!!!:D

Ash
11/8/2006, 12:13 PM
The Whorn secondary is what beat us in the RRS. They would have 3 losses NU,OU,TT) without the play of their secondary.

Against us....

Whorns Secondary
37 Tackles
2 Interceptions
3 Forced Fumbles
2 Fumble Recoveries
1 Touchdown

They lose without about 1/3 of those stats....

For a guy who hates numbers, you sure throw 'em up quick.

I have to disagree. The whorn secondary is the weak point of their D. They've had some good games, but it's not their strength and not nearly as good as the hype that surrounds them.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/8/2006, 12:22 PM
Did I miss something or did we not just win back-to-back games on the road against ranked teams? Yeah the offense Sat night wasn't overwhelming but without a holding call and a couple dropped passes we score at least 31 points.

I think we definitely should throw the ball to Kelly more and I predict that we will on Saturday. The dude is a gamebreaker and we should get the ball in his hands more. I think there will be less frustration after we roll up close to 50 on Sand Aggie this weekend.

sooner KB
11/8/2006, 12:27 PM

well, you know

What's wrong with being honest and critiquing a team after a win? Just because you win a game doesn't mean there aren't things you still need to work on and improve at, just ask Stoops.

Malcom Kelly was absolutely right to say what he did. In fact, I kind of admire that in a player. It's like the player that walks up to the coach in the middle of the game and says "coach put me in," or "throw the ball to me!"

It shows that he has a lot of self-confidence (something Iglesias is unfortunately lacking right now) and thinks he can help the team win. I think Malcom Kelly is the Sooner player most underrated on this board. It's almost like many posters here have extremely short memories. I was yelling at the screen all night for the coaches/thompson to try to get the ball to Kelly.

Notice I didn't just say pass the ball, but to specifically pass it to Kelly. You lob up a pass a foot too high and in triple coverage and the guy is bound to catch it somehow. Those of you that are pointing out to how poorly PT was doing are failing to consider how much better he would have done had he thrown the ball to Malcom Kelly more.

Even in the past, PT has consistently thrown the ball high and in coverage, but Kelly comes to the rescue more times than not and snags the ball. Of course, later that night on this board everyone is going on about PT, but ignore Kelly, the actual hero.

So yes, I totally agree, they have to go back to getting the ball to Kelly.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/8/2006, 12:29 PM
I hope they hold AP out. I think Gute matches up well and Brown can be the heavy hitter. I hope Madu stays on the bench...

usmc-sooner
11/8/2006, 12:29 PM
What's wrong with being honest and critiquing a team after a win? Just because you win a game doesn't mean there aren't things you still need to work on and improve at, just ask Stoops.

Malcom Kelly was absolutely right to say what he did. In fact, I kind of admire that in a player. It's like the player that walks up to the coach in the middle of the game and says "coach put me in," or "throw the ball to me!"

It shows that he has a lot of self-confidence (something Iglesias is unfortunately lacking right now) and thinks he can help the team win. I think Malcom Kelly is the Sooner player most underrated on this board. It's almost like many posters here have extremely short memories. I was yelling at the screen all night for the coaches/thompson to try to get the ball to Kelly.

Notice I didn't just say pass the ball, but to specifically pass it to Kelly. You lob up a pass a foot too high and in triple coverage and the guy is bound to catch it somehow. Those of you that are pointing out to how poorly PT was doing are failing to consider how much better he would have done had he thrown the ball to Malcom Kelly more.

Even in the past, PT has consistently thrown the ball high and in coverage, but Kelly comes to the rescue more times than not and snags the ball. Of course, later that night on this board everyone is going on about PT, but ignore Kelly, the actual hero.

So yes, I totally agree, they have to go back to getting the ball to Kelly.

thank you

ashley
11/8/2006, 01:23 PM
When the QB goes that cold the best thing o do is stop passing.

Dio
11/8/2006, 01:41 PM
Why don't we spot Texas Tech some points while we're at it? ;)

Well, we are using Big XII refs.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/8/2006, 05:51 PM
What people are also forgetting is how crappy our field position was in the second half, save right after the MW interception. Also, I remember a couple of dropped balls by Manual Johnson and Iglesias that could have kept drives alive.

jdsooner
11/8/2006, 06:28 PM
Just keep winning.

Amen. That's the ticket!

cvsooner
11/8/2006, 06:29 PM
I think a pretty good argument could be made that our success throwing the ball in the first seven games has led to the lack of success now, as defenses know they can't ignore it. Look at A & M's defensive sets and strategy as a prime example.

Also, AP has been an unknown quality. Seeing the success he's had, I think a big part of that has been a respect for the passing attack. Whether or not it's been very successful is almost a moot point. What could have been a problem Saturday, though, was when they were finally able to start stopping the run game, or we stopped ourselves with fumbles or penalties, and we needed to pass...coulda been ugly.

I'm glad we won, but we were fortunate, in some respects, that A & M just isn't a better team or at least isn't well-coached.

jk the sooner fan
11/8/2006, 07:43 PM
i'd bet any amount of money had we started flinging the ball around willy nil, and tossed an interception or two, you glass half empty folks would have been bitching something like this:

we were running the ball down their throats, why the hell didnt we just keep doing that

yeah sure, constructive criticism is always good, but the usual suspects are on here week in and week out, (after wins) bitching that the win wasnt good enough because of whatever reason ......you're all looking for a 77-0 win every week

newsflash, we're playing division one players every week, generally speaking they're pretty good, some better than others.....generally speaking they're going to offer some resistence on both sides of the gameplan

i have no problems with Kelly's answer because he gave an honest response to a question posed to him.......if you ask AD the same question after a game where he only gets 10 carries, then i would imagine his response to be very similar

franklinjake
11/8/2006, 07:56 PM

But also, that is why we jump up by 10 to 14 points, and then we just run run run and play not to loose, instead of to win, instead of running up the score and getting a touchdown almost every posession. If we would have utilized our recieving corps more, we wouldnt have had so many close games in my humble opinion.....

usmc-sooner
11/8/2006, 08:00 PM
i'd bet any amount of money had we started flinging the ball around willy nil, and tossed an interception or two, you glass half empty folks would have been bitching something like this:

we were running the ball down their throats, why the hell didnt we just keep doing that

yeah sure, constructive criticism is always good, but the usual suspects are on here week in and week out, (after wins) bitching that the win wasnt good enough because of whatever reason ......you're all looking for a 77-0 win every week

newsflash, we're playing division one players every week, generally speaking they're pretty good, some better than others.....generally speaking they're going to offer some resistence on both sides of the gameplan

i have no problems with Kelly's answer because he gave an honest response to a question posed to him.......if you ask AD the same question after a game where he only gets 10 carries, then i would imagine his response to be very similar

I hope your not talking about me. I was frustrated about getting shut out for 3 quarters. I don't bitch after each win. I also don't jump up and down when we get shut out the last 3 quarters of a game. We obviously weren't running the ball down there throats about 100 yards through 3 quarters. I'd just like to utilize Kelly and our tight ends in some spots where they could sit in the soft spot of the nickel. I also wasn't happy with Long last year. But the SDSU fans aint real high on him (at this point) either.

I've stated that I was happy with the win. I just thought the offense could've done better, and unless not scoring in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarter is great, then I think we could've done better.

jk the sooner fan
11/8/2006, 08:07 PM
i think after every game you've started a thread with what you didnt like....maybe i'm mistaken, but thats what i seem to remember

jk the sooner fan
11/8/2006, 08:08 PM
but its not just directed at you, there's plenty others on the football board that arent happy unless there is something to complain about

franklinjake
11/8/2006, 08:10 PM
I hope your not talking about me. I was frustrated about getting shut out for 3 quarters. I don't bitch after each win. I also don't jump up and down when we get shut out the last 3 quarters of a game. We obviously weren't running the ball down there throats about 100 yards through 3 quarters. I'd just like to utilize Kelly and our tight ends in some spots where they could sit in the soft spot of the nickel. I also wasn't happy with Long last year. But the SDSU fans aint real high on him (at this point) either.

I've stated that I was happy with the win. I just thought the offense could've done better, and unless not scoring in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarter is great, then I think we could've done better.

I 100 % agree!!!! I was jumping off the couch in the 1st quarter happy as a Sooner can be. But, that was the end of it. We played conservative ball as usual instead of mixing it up. We had a real opportunity to really run up the score and make a statement, but I guess we just don't do that like we used to do in the Jason White era. Just my opinion.

OUinFLA
11/8/2006, 08:13 PM
it's a complaining conspiracy.

TXBOOMER
Kelly is one of the best in the nation. Wilson needs to get him the ball. We had early success running the ball and PT struggled throwing it. So we played the prevent offense the rest of the game. That is what you are gonna get with an old school big ten Offensive Coordinator. It was pretty windy at aTm and he was trying to play the field position no turnover game. It is boring but, we got the win. I'd still like to see play action out of the I and a post to MK at least twice a game.

tnraider1
Just a few points.

We tried to throw the ball against A&M. It didn't work, not because we couldn't, but because we didn't. The execution of the passing game was horrible. The play calls were great, but the either the receiver dropped the ball, or Paul missed the open receiver by a mile. A&M was playing to stay close by dropping their safties 20 yards deep.

The coaching and play calling was perfect the whole game. Once we realized that the passing game was hurting us, we dropped it. Let's not forget the onsides kick that we should have recovered. Two of our guys touched the ball before they even knew where it was. The 4th and 1 play was PS2/Xbox like. You never see a coach do that in the real game. The only coaching mistake that Bob made was calling the timeout right before the first QB sneak. They thought we were bluffing the first time around. Bob doubted himself, and I doubt he does it again this season. It's not like this was a home game, where the crowd was chanting "go, go, go." This was a hostile enviromnent, and Bob showed that he has bigger balls than any other coach in CFB.

We did what we had to do to win the game. Too many of you are forgetting how bad you thought we would be after Bomargate. This is a hell of a team, and we will be competing for a national championship next year if Lee Corso is starting at QB.

franklinjake
11/8/2006, 08:14 PM
i think after every game you've started a thread with what you didnt like....maybe i'm mistaken, but thats what i seem to remember

But we do have SO MUCH TALENT... Let's unleash it!! I hate this "run run pass" play sequence that is so predictable. Mix it up, throw on 1st down, throw a pass further than 20 yards, etc. I think it is a good point from USMC.... there are way too many games where we allow our oponent to hang around for a chance to win. Just my opinion.

usmc-sooner
11/8/2006, 08:16 PM

yeah you are mistaken

now if you want to talk about people who post daily on things they don't like, I could probably name a few you've started.

what get's me is I usually agree with you, and I'm respectful of you opinion. I don't rip on you for posting you daily gripes about about dealing with your co-workers or the people you deal with fielding insurance calls.

franklinjake
11/8/2006, 08:16 PM
Just a few points.

We tried to throw the ball against A&M. It didn't work, not because we couldn't, but because we didn't. The execution of the passing game was horrible. The play calls were great, but the either the receiver dropped the ball, or Paul missed the open receiver by a mile. A&M was playing to stay close by dropping their safties 20 yards deep.

The coaching and play calling was perfect the whole game. Once we realized that the passing game was hurting us, we dropped it. Let's not forget the onsides kick that we should have recovered. Two of our guys touched the ball before they even knew where it was. The 4th and 1 play was PS2/Xbox like. You never see a coach do that in the real game. The only coaching mistake that Bob made was calling the timeout right before the first QB sneak. They thought we were bluffing the first time around. Bob doubted himself, and I doubt he does it again this season. It's not like this was a home game, where the crowd was chanting "go, go, go." This was a hostile enviromnent, and Bob showed that he has bigger balls than any other coach in CFB.

We did what we had to do to win the game. Too many of you are forgetting how bad you thought we would be after Bomargate. This is a hell of a team, and we will be competing for a national championship next year if Lee Corso is starting at QB.

Great points..... When Stoops and staff call big plays someone on our offense other than our tailbacks have to step up and make those big plays! Too many dropped passes by tight ends, wide outs, not getting the onside kick (awesome call by the way), etc..

jk the sooner fan
11/8/2006, 08:23 PM
yeah you are mistaken

now if you want to talk about people who post daily on things they don't like, I could probably name a few you've started.

what get's me is I usually agree with you, and I'm respectful of you opinion. I don't rip on you for posting you daily gripes about about dealing with your co-workers or the people you deal with fielding insurance calls.

dude....i'm not "ripping you".....we just look at the games differently i guess.....you are entitled to your opinion......we dont have to agree on everything..and if i do disagree with you on something, i hope you wont lose sleep over it.

the south oval is a much different place than the football folder.......equating to me bitching about my job to you bitching about a victory is a bit different

usmc-sooner
11/8/2006, 08:36 PM
I didn't bitch about the victory. (if that's how you took this thread, I'm shocked) I said I think our offense could've been better.

I don't loose sleep over anything said here. But damn man I don't call you about about bitchin about something if I bitch just as much.

and being as how your job puts food on the table I'd hope it doesn't equate to college football. I'd think your job would be more important.

A big part of my life has been to find things to make people better at what they do.

would you be as critical if I posted something like damn I'm so happy we didn't score in the last 3 quarters? I just don't get it.

washington's fave
11/9/2006, 12:47 AM
Allen Patrick has proven he can gain 100 yrds against anybody that wants to stop him!! I predict Allen Patrick will rush for over 200 yrds against TTU because TTU will try to throw for enough touchdowns to win the the game and forget to stop the OU run...

MissouriSooner
11/9/2006, 12:57 AM
Just a thought... Am I the only one that thought in the aTm game that most of the passing plays required PT to roll to his left and throw, rather than rolling to his right? The guy throws a laser when he rolls out to the right, and throwing while running to your left is difficult for any QB. Why all the passes while rolling to the left?

Scott D
11/9/2006, 09:23 AM
I think that may have had more to do with the blockers on that side. Coaches felt more comfortable rolling him behind Robinson and Messner than Walker and Williams against A&M.

snp
11/9/2006, 11:09 AM
Most of the run plays were to the left side also. Walker was pulling a lot that game. Gosh, is that guy slow.

azzbakwardz
11/9/2006, 11:56 AM
I dont blame them at all, we are not throwing the ball, great running game or not, PT cant seem to hold it together for whatever reason, say what you want, agree or not. We need a QB that will drive the bus not just ride on it (AD) and thats what he's been doing, hate to say, know I'll get clobbered on here, but I dread the game where we "have" to get production to win out of PT, cause he just isnt gonna do it/cant do it, and it looks like the recievers can see it too.
JMO.....
By the way, who's gonna take snaps next year?

stoopified
11/9/2006, 01:18 PM

I don't have the answers to everything but to say the running game was working last week is a little off. It worked for 2 possesions. Granted PT has a tendancy to overthrow a few, and the WR's drop way too many. But Kelly is a future NFLer, we've got 2 studs at TE, Iglesias and and Johnson can be playmakers, let's get them involved in the game.You tell'em Marine.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/9/2006, 01:30 PM
I think we're gonna hit the corners (field and personnel) hard, both in the run game and passing game. This year's Tech D doesn't impress me as one of their speedier units.

It will be interesting to see if the passing game takes off again. I think it will....

Oh, and I like Noah Allen as next year's QB.

And what moderator is misplaced? Dean, the Deacon...?

snp
11/9/2006, 02:34 PM
My roomate just talked to AP. AP was wearing a boot and said it "****ed up"

:(

MiccoMacey
11/9/2006, 03:17 PM
Chris Brown!! Chris Brown!!

usmc-sooner
11/9/2006, 03:42 PM
yeah I guess he practiced but not much yesterday and they are going to see if he can go on it today.

Stoop Dawg
11/9/2006, 04:24 PM
but its not just directed at you, there's plenty others on the football board that arent happy unless there is something to complain about

And some people just like to complain about other people complaining. It's a whacky, whacky world out there....

Stoop Dawg
11/9/2006, 04:24 PM
Not to mention wacky, wacky....

jk the sooner fan
11/9/2006, 04:33 PM
i wasnt complaining, i was "pointing out"

:)

usmc-sooner
11/9/2006, 08:45 PM
you were complaining

Collier11
11/10/2006, 12:20 AM
You think Kelly is mad, how about guys like Gresham that turned down other schools to stay home cus we promised him that the te was going to be more of a part of our offense...im pretty sure he has 6 catches or something like that and finley may have a few over 10?? I dont really understand unless they dont trust PT throwing the ball. I say that cus when he was at nw kevin wilson had a really good offense that seemed balanced???

man00
11/10/2006, 02:38 AM
If OU becomes only a running team from now on, you can forget about NC.
Other teams are just too good now to line up and run over them every game.

Collier11
11/10/2006, 03:37 AM
I predict Allen Patrick will rush for over 200 yrds against TTU because TTU will try to throw for enough touchdowns to win the the game and forget to stop the OU run...
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: ...HUH???

azzbakwardz
11/10/2006, 01:53 PM
You think Kelly is mad, how about guys like Gresham that turned down other schools to stay home cus we promised him that the te was going to be more of a part of our offense...im pretty sure he has 6 catches or something like that and finley may have a few over 10?? I dont really understand unless they dont trust PT throwing the ball. I say that cus when he was at nw kevin wilson had a really good offense that seemed balanced???

Thats what I am thinking, they dont trust him enough to depend on him, thats why werent throwing it, I know, we were running like crazy, okay fine, but eventually we'll have to find out if he can win one with his arm and I just dont see it. Hope I'm wrong....doubt it tho.

Tear Down This Wall
11/10/2006, 05:10 PM
D.J. Wolfe....

Nevermind.

BoomerSooner247
11/14/2006, 01:23 AM
is there an update on AP i know he didn't play vs TX Tech but will he be there for Baylor? OSU? beyond?

Crucifax Autumn
11/14/2006, 01:26 AM
LAst I heard he was actually able to play in the Tech game, but the coaches played it safe.

Not like it matters much...we have 4 backs capable of taking any given play to the house, and even if 2 are missing we'll roll.

As for OSU, we oughtta have all 4 ready to go IMO...

Then when the pokes try to poke our running game out of sheer terror we'll pass on their asses for 500 yards!