PDA

View Full Version : Voting complaints

Tear Down This Wall
11/7/2006, 03:35 PM
Call me old fashioned, but I like to vote on the day of the vote, so that's what I did today at lunch. Voting was easy enough, but there are two complaints I have:

1. Idiots without their voters registration cards

This is really starting to annoy me. I'd say there were about 15 people in line going through the motions to vote while I was there. Only four of us had our voters registration cards. The other dickwheels didn't have their cards and showed their drivers' licenses.

Two catastrophic f-ups didn't have drivers licenses with addresses in our district. They were given paper work to fill out an address change so they could vote. WTF?

In Mexico, where my wife is from, you are issued a voting card. It has your picture on it, your government number (like our SS #), your fingerprint, and your address. In Mexico, no card, no vote. That's the way it should be here. It's not rocket science to keep your voters registration card in a safe place.

Dillholes.

2. Computer voting

This is the first time our district has had computerized voting, and I have severe objections. First, I'm handed what looks like a credit card instead of a ballot. No problem. I can live with that.

But,...

After I vote, I'm supposed to give the card to an election official. No problem there except he's got a whole pile of them there because he's gotten behind in what he's supposed to doing. The old paper ballot way, you'd walk over to the drop box and personally feed the paper into it while the election official stood there and watched.

I wasn't crazy about leaving my ballot card with a guy without seeing him register the vote. Maybe I should have stayed, but he had a pile of at least a dozen there, and he kept getting up to help the idiots who could figure out how to work the voting booths.

It amazes me how stupid people are. Just put the card in, select your language, press the name on the screen of the person you want to vote for, hit the damn 'Ballot Complete' button, and be done with it. F'n morons.

Anyway, I'm proud to have voted, but I'm not shocked at all about the complaints of computer glitches around the country. My district's polling station seemed way understaffed, and this in a fairly affluent part of North Dallas/Collin County.

Pathetic.

Czar Soonerov
11/7/2006, 03:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Laa-qz0JlQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20h4unigzXw

p1ss-off Czar.:mad:

:pop:

Petro-Sooner
11/7/2006, 03:52 PM
It amazes me how stupid people are.

I've just accepted it and try to avoid them all together. Life is much easier.

Mjcpr
11/7/2006, 03:55 PM
It amazes me how stupid people are. Just put the card in, select your language, press the name on the screen of the person you want to vote for, hit the damn 'Ballot Compete' button, and be done with it. F'n morons.

I hope they did so in a great way.

OklahomaTuba
11/7/2006, 03:55 PM
Your tin foil hat isn't working TDTW, or you would know its all Diebolds fault by now.

Vaevictis
11/7/2006, 04:02 PM
Your tin foil hat isn't working TDTW, or you would know its all Diebolds fault by now.

It's not all Diebold's fault. Just the part where their machines are completely unauditable and their tabulations can be changed without any kind of trail being left.

Well, actually, even that part isn't *all* their fault. Part of it goes to the elections boards for using machines with such flaws ;)

And yes, it is possible to create computer voting machines and tabulators that are auditable. They just refuse to do it, and the elections boards refuse to demand it.

Tear Down This Wall
11/7/2006, 04:09 PM
:pop:

Czar,

The first video makes no sense. The guy being asked questions said he wasn't involved in, nor did he review, the Ohio results. So, why ask him?

Further, they then ask him about differences between exit polls and results. That's a stupid question because exit polling doesn't take into account those who voted early or whose votes were cast from overseas or absentee.

Where I live, about 40% of the people vote early/absentee. Thus, an exit poll would be missing 2/5th of the possible voters to poll. It's as stupid a question as could have been asked.

As for the computer/voting stealing clip, I can totally believe it. Computer voting was put into effect way too soon after the 2000 presidential election. Wealthy, retired, yankee liberals living in Florida claim to have been too stupid to figure out a simple punch card ballot and got used by the Democratic Party when Gore lost Florida.

The whole thing was preposterous. You're savvy enough throughout your life to retire comfortably in Florida, but you can't figure out a simple punch card ballot after decades of voting. Right. So, we're now stuck with these stupid computers.

Just give me a paper ballot, let me punch holes in it and feed it through the drop box. I mean, really. You're telling me that people who make up the strongest economy in the world can't figure out how to work a paper punch ballot? Doubtful.

Anyway, I like voting, but just get a uniform voters registration card and ensure my vote goes into the drop box, counting the vote as it goes in, without me having to hand it to some jerkoff election official who is being pestered by morons who can't figure out how to push a few buttons.

Seriously, people.

Scott D
11/7/2006, 04:10 PM
You could oh I don't know...volunteer to help out yourself instead of leaving it to senior citizens in two years. :D

Tear Down This Wall
11/7/2006, 04:18 PM
You could oh I don't know...volunteer to help out yourself instead of leaving it to senior citizens in two years. :D

No thanks..it's easier to just sit back and complain after the fact :D ;) :rolleyes:

Scott D
11/7/2006, 04:19 PM
great, you are gonna turn into another olevet :D

Ike
11/7/2006, 05:25 PM
just to stir the pot...(BTW, its long, so if you want to watch it, make some popcorn)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7236791207107726851&sourceid=docidfeed&hl=en-CA

mrowl
11/7/2006, 05:32 PM
I don't understand the problem with just showing your drivers license? It takes the same amount of time to look you up.

StoopTroup
11/7/2006, 05:35 PM
Czar,

The first video makes no sense. The guy being asked questions said he wasn't involved in, nor did he review, the Ohio results. So, why ask him?

I think it was a Congressional Hearing and they were concerned about ballot tampering and wanted to know if there was anyway to use code to stop any fraud.

His answer seemed to be NO. You can only catch it by doing research which the voting machine is supposed to help keep from having to do in the 1st place.

All this Technology and WE...the USA...cannot come up with a way to freaking go about voting fairly.

So many folks already don't vote because they think it's become a sham.

You would think this would be a #1 proirity on the Hill and in the White House...

But it doesn't seem to be...

Wonder why?

I like the blue ink deal...

Maybe that would do it? ;)

http://www.atlasblogged.com/archives/voter.bmp

mrowl
11/7/2006, 05:35 PM
and what happened to the multiple venues to vote? seems like around Flower Mound there use to be 2 to 3 places to go and wait in line.

Now, there is just the police \ courts building, and when I drove by there, it was packed with ZERO parking.

Seems like there would be better turnout if there were more polling locations.

Soonrboy
11/7/2006, 05:41 PM
never had to show an ID, even today, nor does my wife when she goes.

Why couldn't voter cards and driver's license go hand in hand?

At the Target today, I was forced to write a check. Then they took my driver's license and just scanned the bar code on the back of my license. That was pretty cool.

StoopTroup
11/7/2006, 05:43 PM
never had to show an ID, even today, nor does my wife when she goes.

Why couldn't voter cards and driver's license go hand in hand?

At the Target today, I was forced to write a check. Then they took my driver's license and just scanned the bar code on the back of my license. That was pretty cool.
http://www.therror.com/uImg/post612_allyourbase.jpg

OUHOMER
11/7/2006, 05:49 PM
Heh, they didnt ask for any ID where i voted. Just what is your name, sign here.

OklahomaTuba
11/7/2006, 06:26 PM
I say, we should just go back to letting only gentleman and land owners vote.

That would solve a lot of problems.

;)

Vaevictis
11/7/2006, 06:44 PM
Hooray for landed aristocracies!

stoops the eternal pimp
11/7/2006, 06:45 PM
I always like to make the election officials present uncomfortable by asking them who should I vote for when I pick up my ballot...

OklahomaTuba
11/7/2006, 07:00 PM
Did anyone write in Stoops?

Vaevictis
11/7/2006, 07:08 PM
He'd have to resign as our coach in order to take the position.

So, basically, hell no.