PDA

View Full Version : Cars + Pirates of the Caribbean deal

Norm In Norman
11/7/2006, 01:54 PM
Best Buy has this deal going on right now:

Buy any Disney movie 14.99 and up (i.e. Cars) and instantly save $5 if you pre-order Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. To pre-order it you have to put the $5 you just saved down on POTC, but you'll get that back when the movie comes out so you don't really get your $5 for another month. Also Cars comes with this pretty cool 3d poster (while supplies last). I went ahead and did all this so I could save some money and get the 2 disc version of POTC.

So the lady at the checkout was a complete idiot. Their computer was messed up and it had charged me $5 instead of reducing my order by $5. I was trying to explain to her that if I paid $5 for the pre-order and saved $5 instantly that the price wouldn't be more than the 14.99 plus tax. She just couldn't understand. She kept assuring me that $22 was the correct amount. About the time I loudly told her to cancel the whole damn order a manager came up and straightened her out. The same lady screwed me out of $30 on a video card a few weeks ago too (well, screwed that store because I didn't buy anything). I think I'm not going to the May store again.

OUDoc
11/7/2006, 01:58 PM
You keep asking for it by going to Best Buy.

I didn't buy an 32" LCD TV there a few weeks ago just because the 5 morons working there wouldn't stop screwing around long enough to help me. Circuit City got my money, and I hate Circuit City.

Pricetag
11/7/2006, 02:01 PM
I noticed in the Best Buy ad this week that if you buy Guitar Hero II for PS2, you get a free copy of Wayne's World on DVD. It cracked me up--it's a perfectly appropriate movie for that game.

RacerX
11/7/2006, 09:22 PM
It's better than that Norm.

I bought the $29.99 gift pack of cars, I'll explain why in a minute, and I pre-ordered Pirates II. The wonderfully inept help rang it up. Looked and saw that the Cars Gift Pack was $24.99. She says "that can't be right" and takes another $5 off. So I got the gift pack for $19.99. It's right up there when I bought 3 dvds and they missed ringing one of them up.

I'm the anti-norm at Best Buy.

I bought the gift pack because 2 (Doc and Fillmore) of the 4 cars in it seem to be impossible to find and I was buying them up for me, I mean my oldest daughter for Christmas.

OUDoc
11/7/2006, 09:26 PM
I bought the gift pack because 2 (Doc and Fillmore) of the 4 cars in it seem to be impossible to find and I was buying them up for me, I mean my oldest daughter for Christmas.
You know those cars aren't real.

Norm In Norman
11/7/2006, 09:34 PM
I bought a bunch of those cars for Boarder's boy for his birthday. I also bought McQueen and Mater for the boy. Now I want to get the rest (I mean the boy wants the rest) and I can't find them. I guess I'm going to have to order them online or something. T hey are about the best "action figures" I've seen.

RacerX
11/7/2006, 10:33 PM
ONline - spensive

Just keep randomly dropping in Target and GASP Wal-Mart.

I've got the 4 multi packs - Flo and Ramone, Red and Stanley, Boost and Snot Rod, and the Luigi, Guido and a tractor.
Then on the singles - Lightning McQueen, Dinoco McQueen, Sally, Mater, Sheriff, Doc, Fillmore, The King, Wingo, Ramone...and some others.

I must've hit the Target by us right after they got several of them.

Yeah, they're usually all gone except the Red McQueen and Mater. Let me know if you want me to help you find 'em.

I know they're not real Doc (quit harshing my mellow). I just love the cars and they're really well done.

Norm In Norman
11/8/2006, 10:26 PM
OK, I'm still looking for:

Chick Hicks
Doc Hudson
King

The rest I think i can do without.

TopDaugIn2000
11/8/2006, 10:32 PM
I picked up Cars at Target yesterday for $15 something. Watched it last night. Love that movie.

RacerX
11/8/2006, 11:18 PM
OK, I'm still looking for:

Chick Hicks
Doc Hudson
King

The rest I think i can do without.

No you can't.