PDA

View Full Version : iPod haxx0rz

Ike
11/7/2006, 12:05 PM
Today I have joined the ranks of the many of you that are iPod havers. So I want to know a few things.

a)know of any better managing software than itunes?
b)know of any good software for converting video I already own into iPod format?
c)what are your favorite little-used uses and/or hacks for the iPod...I'm looking right now at a page for linux on the ipod, but it doesn't appear to support the model I have :(

Howzit
11/7/2006, 12:08 PM
Me too! And please allow me to add a question.

How do I turn the volume up and down?

mrowl
11/7/2006, 12:10 PM
the built in converter works fine for me, import your video, and then click on convert selection for ipod under advanced.

IB4OU2
11/7/2006, 12:12 PM
Me too! And please allow me to add a question.

How do I turn the volume up and down?

With your index finger......using a small lighty brushing clockwise or counter clockwise motion. :D

Howzit
11/7/2006, 12:16 PM
Ok, Steve, my keyboard is acting up, so that spek comment was 'sposed to be more...

:O

IB4OU2
11/7/2006, 12:17 PM
Ok, Steve, my keyboard is acting up, so that spek comment was 'sposed to be more...

That's ok buddy......:D

Howzit
11/7/2006, 12:19 PM
But it was gonna be funny! And that doesn't happen very often!

:mad:

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/7/2006, 12:20 PM

:les: MORE WHAT?!?!?!!!!

King Crimson
11/7/2006, 12:27 PM
i used to fool around with some of these guys Mp3 players back when i had a powerbook at home. i personally don't think itunes is anything special and never use it except for the ipod. and for the VAST majority of my file managing/playing i still much prefer winamp. though, winamp for mac sucks. link:

http://www.panic.com/audion/

there was another company....i can't think of the name....right now...that had some cool stuff for mac/Mp3/itunes a couple years back.

Ike
11/7/2006, 12:31 PM
the built in converter works fine for me, import your video, and then click on convert selection for ipod under advanced.
would this work for DVDs? when I travel, it would be nice to upload a DVD movie or series to the iPod and watch it during the trip.

OCUDad
11/7/2006, 12:33 PM
Ike: Check out Anapod Explorer; it's not for everyone, but it's an alternative to iTunes:

http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/

Howzit
11/7/2006, 12:34 PM
:les: MORE WHAT?!?!?!!!!

More than "th".

:les: HOW DO I TURN THIS VIOLUME UP?!?!?!?

i'm only halfway kidding...I know how but it keeps doing all kinds of other **** when i don't want it to.

Howzit
11/7/2006, 12:51 PM
Ahhhhh...I see. It's all in the touch. It's a feather-light thang.

With my supper human strength this may not be possible.

OCUDad
11/7/2006, 12:59 PM
Heh. "Supper human strength." Freud would have a blast with you (and not just for this one reason).

OklahomaTuba
11/7/2006, 02:44 PM
i used to fool around with some of these guys

:eek:

Howzit
11/7/2006, 02:49 PM
Heh. "Supper human strength." Freud would have a blast with you (and not just for this one reason).

Is this Freud chick hawt?

OCUDad
11/7/2006, 03:26 PM
Is this Freud chick hawt?No, but you can have secks on her.

skycat
11/7/2006, 03:29 PM
The best thing about an iPod is iTunes. Seriously. Learn how to use Smart playlists. And then acutally use them.

IB4OU2
11/7/2006, 03:30 PM
Is this Freud chick hawt?

I love Freud chicken!

Howzit
11/7/2006, 03:47 PM
No, but you can have secks on her.

I think I saw her slip.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!A

Ike
11/19/2006, 04:17 PM
The best thing about an iPod is iTunes. Seriously. Learn how to use Smart playlists. And then acutally use them.

alright ipod biznatches, I am finding that while iTunes has some cool feature, like the smart playlists, I'm also finding that its a little bitch as well. Auto-syncing sucks, because it means I have to keep my music on my computer as well as on my ipod. boooooo. So I've turned that off. Second, iTunes has no abilities that I can discern for transferring files From the ipod to my computer. booooo.

I'd try yamipod, but unfortunately, it has issues with the latest videoipods. (which is what mine is). May check out anapod, even though that isn't free.

skycat
11/19/2006, 05:37 PM
You really want your entire digital music library to only exist on the hard disk of your little portable iPod? You sure about that?

I hate Anapod, but maybe you'll like it...