PDA

View Full Version : The Boz on Monday night football

southern sooner
11/6/2006, 10:42 PM
sure seemed like they were trying to take shots at him - career wise and the whole bo jackson play....

batonrougesooner
11/7/2006, 09:58 AM
I thought the same thing. He handled it with class though.

birddog
11/7/2006, 10:08 AM
i think the whole country thinks of that play when they see the boz. they were just asking questions that the audience would want to hear.

i mean, they certainly can't ask him about his stellar nfl career.

if he was on a college game they'd ask questions about his college career.

tnraider1
11/7/2006, 10:14 AM
Yeah, they were taking shots at him, right after kissing Christian Slater's rear, who obviously knew nothing about football. Why was he even in the booth?

On another note, watching the game was like watching an All Big 12 game.

Seneca Wallace - Looked pretty good out there, and seems faster than he was in college. Throws the ball much better as well.

Maurice Morris - Also played very well. Had good explosion through the running lanes. (Edit: Sorry, thought that was the Morris that played for Tech)

Tyler Brayton - Well, as a Raider fan, I'm probably the only one here who was laughing my arse off after he knee'd that mouthy TE in the nuts.

Good to see the Big 12 represented so well on Monday Night. If only Travian Smith could have played.

TUSooner
11/7/2006, 10:22 AM
Aside from Seneca Wallace, that was the worst MNF game I've seen in a long time. The Raiders O looked worse than pathetic. The QB was awful, Moss couldn't make a catch. A typical play was when the QB went to move under center or call an audible, and the center hiked the ball to nobody. I still don't know why there was a false start penalty on that play.
It was good for a laugh though.
At the end, the players looked like they just wanted to get the game over with and get out of the rain.

tnraider1
11/7/2006, 10:33 AM
Dear Art Shell,

I am a lifelong Oakland Raider fan who is tired of seeing our QB's get ripped apart. Although I haven't played in an organized football game since age 14, I think I can help. I'm 6'4 / 270 and probably in better shape than most of the offensive lineman you currently have. Please give me a shot at starting for your team. I have perfected the art of falling down and making guys jump over me, which would give the QB at least one more second than he has now to throw the football. Give it some thought and contact me if you are interested.

Your future Guard/Tackle/Center,
TNRaider1

Tear Down This Wall
11/7/2006, 11:33 AM
Yeah, they were taking shots at him, right after kissing Christian Slater's rear, who obviously knew nothing about football. Why was he even in the booth?

Tyler Brayton - Well, as a Raider fan, I'm probably the only one here who was laughing my arse off after he knee'd that mouthy TE in the nuts.

Good to see the Big 12 represented so well on Monday Night. If only Travian Smith could have played.

If MNF would have maybe one guest per game or every two or three games, that would be nice. They overdid it last night. Sycophants.

As to Brayton...
Normally, I'd be for the league suspending and fining him for kneeing a guy in the family jewels. But, since it was Jerramy Stevens I actually think the league should pay him a bonus and name him Defensive Player of the Week.

And...yes, Travian is the only thing that could have saved last night.

sooner94
11/7/2006, 12:12 PM
I'll never forget his quote for Sports Illustrated before the game against Penn State when we won the NC. Talking about the defense, "In all humbleness, we're bad."

stoops the eternal pimp
11/7/2006, 04:59 PM
If MNF would have maybe one guest per game or every two or three games, that would be nice. They overdid it last night. Sycophants.

The reason they have to do so many guests is because the 3 guys they have in the booth arent capable of calling a decent game...

TUSooner
11/7/2006, 05:25 PM
Does additional banal chatter really increase ratings?
I'd rather just watch a football game than painfully watch ESPN (like ABC) do the broadcasting equivalent of sticking its hand down its pants and adjusting its genitals every season looking for the perfect "feel." If the football game ain't good enough, then just give it up !

bluedogok
11/7/2006, 05:30 PM
I get tired of them trying to pander to the non-interested casual "fan"

TUSooner
11/7/2006, 05:33 PM
I get tired of them trying to pander to the non-interested casual "fan"
BINGO. That's exactly the problem. Wish I'd have said it like that.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/7/2006, 09:01 PM
Does additional banal chatter really increase ratings?
I'd rather just watch a football game than painfully watch ESPN (like ABC) do the broadcasting equivalent of sticking its hand down its pants and adjusting its genitals every season looking for the perfect "feel." Yeesh!...and from where do you draw this comparison?