PDA

View Full Version : To all those former coaches analyzing games now

stoops the eternal pimp
11/6/2006, 04:59 PM
Whenever I hear a Bob Davie or Lee Corso or any other one of those former coaches criticizing Stoops for his calls, I want to say to them "Thats the reason why he is making 7 large to still coach and your getting paid 5.75 an hour to call a 3 hour game. Because you didnt do what it took to win." Kudos to Herbstreit for calling out Davie at the end of the game for his criticism of Stoops earlier in the game...Dont worry Bob, Franchione will be joining you on No Nuts Avenue before long...

Boomer.....
11/6/2006, 05:02 PM
:pop:

Paperclip
11/6/2006, 05:04 PM
Dont worry Bob, Franchione will be joining you on No Nuts Avenue before long...

We're gonna rock down to...

stoops the eternal pimp
11/6/2006, 05:06 PM
No Nuts Avenue...right after you get fired....

The Maestro
11/6/2006, 05:06 PM
Whenever I hear a Bob Davie or Lee Corso or any other one of those former coaches criticizing Stoops for his calls, I want to say to them "Thats the reason why he is making 7 large to still coach and your getting paid 5.75 an hour to call a 3 hour game. Because you didnt do what it took to win." Kudos to Herbstreit for calling out Davie at the end of the game for his criticism of Stoops earlier in the game...Dont worry Bob, Franchione will be joining you on No Nuts Avenue before long...

Kudos to you, Pimp...couldn't agree more! I got so sick of Davie being Coach Einstein. These guys were failures at their careers and that's why they had to go another route. Bob Stoops will be a coach as long as he wants to.

tbl
11/6/2006, 05:15 PM
What'd Herbie say? I was in a sports bar with frigging Georgia Tech blaring in my ears so I couldn't hear any commentary.

TUSooner
11/6/2006, 05:16 PM
Dang, I missed Herbie calling out Davie.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/6/2006, 05:21 PM
I couldn't have said it better.

Can that be extended to the fAggies and others who come around here talkin' coachsmack, look like complete clowns in regards to the game, and always, like death and taxes, back it up with the typical "I played some college ball and did some coaching"?

That'd be nice.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/6/2006, 05:25 PM
After we get the first down at the end of the game and Davie is on Stoops jock, Herbie said to Davie you ripped him in the 1st half when he kicked that onside kick...Davie says No I didnt...Herbie then says that the reason Stoops makes those kinds of calls is because he coaches to win....Davie goes silent

bluedogok
11/6/2006, 05:27 PM
Davie is another one of those coaches that was a good coordinator (with great talent) but was in over his head as a head coach. I will never understand why they use him as a broadcaster, he is worse at that than at head coaching.

mrowl
11/6/2006, 05:49 PM
After we get the first down at the end of the game and Davie is on Stoops jock, Herbie said to Davie you ripped him in the 1st half when he kicked that onside kick...Davie says No I didnt...Herbie then says that the reason Stoops makes those kinds of calls is because he coaches to win....Davie goes silent

that was great. That needs to be put on youtube or google.

sooner94
11/6/2006, 05:58 PM

Herbie is a good dude. I enjoy listening to him, and he's a down to earth guy. A friend of mine met him in Norman once when Gameday was there and said he was really cool, and enjoyed hanging out with the OU fans.

TUSooner
11/6/2006, 06:21 PM
Davie is another one of those coaches that was a good coordinator (with great talent) but was in over his head as a head coach. I will never understand why they use him as a broadcaster, he is worse at that than at head coaching.
He's probly an OK guy in "real life" but he's pretty much a full-of-it blowhard on the air. What kind of stupid accent does he have, anyway? Like he's trying to sound like a real tough guy? It's the same accent as another tubesteak with a Notre Dame connexion - Paul Hornung

Sooner Sig Ep
11/6/2006, 06:59 PM
Herbie is a good dude. I enjoy listening to him, and he's a down to earth guy. A friend of mine met him in Norman once when Gameday was there and said he was really cool, and enjoyed hanging out with the OU fans.

couldn't agree more.....Herbie is about as fair as they come and he's a good commentator... I loved him sticking up for Stoops' calls...

jkjsooner
11/6/2006, 07:11 PM
Dont worry Bob, Franchione will be joining you on No Nuts Avenue before long...

You mean the guy who started the game off with a successful onside kick last time 'Bama came to town? Say whatever you want about Fran but he does take risks.

Widescreen
11/6/2006, 07:37 PM
What are you people talking about? There are no media people that support us - everyone wants us to fall into the abyss and works 24/7 to make that happen.

Widescreen
11/6/2006, 07:37 PM
Oh, and Herbie was pretty much on Stoops' jock the other night.

TopDawg
11/6/2006, 08:06 PM
Whenever I hear someone criticizing the broadcasters of OU football games, I want to say to them "That's the reason they're making several grand travelling across the country to see some of the best college football games in person while talking into a mic, while you're sitting at home eating leftover chicken noodle soup with a soda on the side."

;)

Davie does need to work on his delivery fo sho. Can...you...put...some...more...pregnant...pauses. ..between...your...words...please...Bob?

CtheB
11/6/2006, 11:33 PM
Corso, resident college football media prick, had one or two good seasons in his illustrious coaching career. Got ran out of Indiana. Seems to me that an "expert" in college football would have managed to stay in one place long enough to buy a house. Corso rented until he retired.

StoopTroup
11/6/2006, 11:41 PM
You know...

Herbie hasn't really been pro-OU for awhile.

Since you send two of your starters packing before season starts and you lose your Heisman Hopeful to a freak accident , all the while your starting a 5th year Senior at QB who had very little action as QB prior to this year...

I think Davies is a moron and Herbie is just saving face.

As much as I don't care for Corso...

He picked the game right on the money.

And...

Bob Stoops is da MAN!

sooneron
11/6/2006, 11:58 PM
Anyone that takes Corso seriously is retarded. He is there for some info, comic relief, and preposterous claims. That is his ROLE.

Fraggle145
11/7/2006, 02:45 AM
Dont forget Holtz... he slurrrrrrssss a lot.

bluedogok
11/7/2006, 11:28 AM
Corso is there for his comedic talents and not coaching talents.......

CU Sooner
11/7/2006, 11:28 AM
Herbie also called Davies out when PT through a perfect strike to JI and he dropped a td. Davies said once again Thompson threw the ball behind the receiver. When they showed the replay it was clear the ball was in front and hit JI in the numberes but he dropped it. WHile Davies is complaining about the throw Herbie says Come on coach that balls out in front, the receiver's got to catch that.
Davies is just a terrible color commentator and like everyone else when he compares the coaching call to what he would have done I can't help thinking that's why your calling games now and not coaching. He did it several times the week before in Missouri. It's a shame that abc couldn't keep Danielson, I always thought he was good especially with brent.