PDA

View Full Version : 2007 - we are young and loaded

southern sooner
11/6/2006, 11:36 AM
We look great for next year, plug in a solid qb, a couple of DE's and we are good to go...

Question, how does texass and atm look as depth for next year, do they lose a lot of starters... I am thinking texass loses a lot on both lines....

Mac94
11/6/2006, 11:44 AM
Texas is fairly young, but will lose some of their OL.

A&M is young as well, we lose some key kids, like WR Chad Schroeder and LB Justin Warren, etc. But we return alot. Our issue is oue schedule (@Miami, @Tech, @Missouri, @Oklahoma, @Nebraska, Texas).

OU looks set at all but the key QB spot.

Midtowner
11/6/2006, 11:45 AM
A good QB is assuming a lot.

I think we may have one on the roster though.

southern sooner
11/6/2006, 11:49 AM
i trust josh has either been working with one of the 2 on roster (sam or joey) and or he can bring along someone that we pick up from JC or high school

TexasLidig8r
11/6/2006, 12:07 PM
For Texas

We lose our starting GCG and Selvin Young. Fortunately, Mack rotates in a lot of linemen. The Guard Center Guard loss will hurt early in the year. Charles, as the sole go to guy, should have a great year at RB.

On defense, both DEs are gone, Orakpo is a very good defensive end and has even started a few games this year. Melton will play DE next year and Eddie Jones, the number one DE in the state last year, should develop. Lokey, Miller and Okam make the DT a strong position. LBs are deep. Secondary will be a concern.... Aaron Ross, T. Brown and Michael Griffin are lost. Although their replacements are getting a lot of playing time this year, particularly Palmer and Joseph.

Nonetheless, two top 5 teams should be playing in Dallas next October once again.

boomrsoonr
11/6/2006, 12:09 PM
I don't want to even think about next year. It's too damn far away!

Jack T.
11/6/2006, 12:28 PM
I don't want to even think about next year. It's too damn far away!

Normally I would agree. . .except for the September 8, 2007 game.

At Norman.

Against Miami.

BIG_IKE
11/6/2006, 12:35 PM
Im not really excited about Miami anymore unless they are goodnext year. I wanted them in norman at their best so we could knock them down flat on their face.

As far as next year...Our receivers will be awesome. Our O-Line will be much improved. So will our secondary. Im concerned about Linebacker and QB though.

A&M has a young team, and will return most of it's team..but they come to Norman.

Texas is probably gonna be the pre-season #1 team going into next year as much as I hate to say it. Especially if they do well in a Bowl Game. The way Malcolm has been playing this year and the fact that they return Charles, all the receivers, all the linebackers, the tight end, and a good group of linemen on both sides. The question is how good are the backups for Blalock, Studdard and Seindlein. My guess is they could be pretty good, but we shall see.

The thing I like is the fact that if Ad goes pro, people will have no idea who to focus on next year. Our offense should be one of the best in the nation in my opinion.

StoopTroup
11/6/2006, 01:08 PM
I'd like to beat Miami so bad that they decide to just make a prison out of the University.

TexasLidig8r
11/6/2006, 01:12 PM
I'd like to beat Miami so bad that they decide to just make a prison out of the University.

Obligatory "too late" post.