PDA

View Full Version : Borat

picasso
11/6/2006, 11:24 AM
saw it last night ah.

I give 3 out of 5 chicken for sexytime.

being an avid Ali G show fan. I laughed but was also a bit disappointed and of course quite disturbed at times.
:D :eek: :mad: :)

opksooner
11/6/2006, 11:49 AM
Saw it yesterday. The first half of the film had me literally LOL uncontrollably. The last part, less so.

How the hell did he get the subjects to allow themselves to made be made fools of?

Genius .....but a bit over the top at times:eek:

dolemitesooner
11/6/2006, 11:55 AM
I thought the stuff where he screws with people in Real life is OMFAH

The thing is it cant all be real. I mean did he really try to bad Pamela without her knowing

yermom
11/6/2006, 12:07 PM
i kinda forgot how hot Pamela Anderson used to be...

the Jewish B&B was possibly my favorite part, especially after The Running of the Jews :D

opksooner
11/6/2006, 12:15 PM
There is a sound clip on the 'net of him addressing the OKC Traffic Commission. Long speech with some seriousness, but in the middle:

"I sorry. The food of your city make problem for me. I have today brown liquid running from anus"......at a public meeting, no less!!!!!

http://www.boratonline.co.uk/

Enter "Oklahoma" in the search feature for a transcript and link to sound clip.

Verra, verra niiiice.

SoonerInKCMO
11/6/2006, 12:34 PM
OMFAH? :confused:

picasso
11/6/2006, 12:41 PM
I thought the stuff where he screws with people in Real life is OMFAH

The thing is it cant all be real. I mean did he really try to bad Pamela without her knowing
the Pamela thing had to be setup. can you say assault charges?

hey, I'm a christian type but I thought the part when he was at the revival was hilarious!!!:D
also the wrestling match.:eek:

Ike
11/6/2006, 01:04 PM
apparently this guy (http://www.ikissyou.org/), Mahir Cagri, is ****ed because he thinks Borat is a cheap knock off of himself.

yermom
11/6/2006, 01:27 PM
i've said this for a while, the beginning of the movie is a total Mahir ripoff

he might as well have said "I Kiss You!"

JohnnyMack
11/22/2006, 10:18 AM
Finally got around to seeing this.

Most. Over. Rated. Movie. Evar?

picasso
11/22/2006, 10:40 AM
Finally got around to seeing this.

Most. Over. Rated. Movie. Evar?
Napoleon, like anyone could ever know that.

jk the sooner fan
11/22/2006, 10:54 AM
he has an out of character interview in the rolling stone where he explains how he pulled all the stunts

sanantoniosooner
11/22/2006, 11:11 AM
Am I the only one that has ZERO interest in Borat?

picasso
11/22/2006, 11:12 AM
he has an out of character interview in the rolling stone where he explains how he pulled all the stunts
is it in that one issue with the Anti-Bush & Anti-all things republican cover?;)

jk the sooner fan
11/22/2006, 11:16 AM
is it in that one issue with the Anti-Bush & Anti-all things republican cover?;)

no clue, they were just talking about it on the ticket yesterday, and explaining how he got over on everybody

jk the sooner fan
11/22/2006, 11:18 AM

no, you arent

skycat
11/22/2006, 11:21 AM
A bunch of us skipped out of work and watched it yesterday afternoon.

I thought it was hilarious.

achiro
11/22/2006, 11:24 AM
Nope

Big Red Ron
11/22/2006, 11:26 AM
He's getting sued by the city he used as his hometown in the movie and the college boys in the trailer for big mula.

jk the sooner fan
11/22/2006, 11:31 AM
no idea how true it is, but according to the piece i heard yesterday, they were very good about getting everybody to sign releases prior to being filmed....i understood them to think they're pretty secure from any lawsuit

Big Red Ron
11/22/2006, 11:39 AM
no idea how true it is, but according to the piece i heard yesterday, they were very good about getting everybody to sign releases prior to being filmed....i understood them to think they're pretty secure from any lawsuitThe boys are saying they were drunk when asked to sign, which does get them out of any waver, if true. And the city Grog, I think has a national government that may not recognize the waver. Could get a tad dicey.

skycat
11/22/2006, 11:39 AM
Some lawyers think that the releases won't stand up as there was deception involved in getting them signed.

Of course the lawyers saying that are probably the ones that want to be paid to make the case that they aren't valid.

Viking Kitten
11/22/2006, 02:42 PM
A. I thought the movie was hilarious. Especially the part that made Czar practically squirm under his seat. Those who've seen it know which scene I'm taking about. :D

B. I heard the TV producer that booked him as a guest on their little local show ended up losing her job over it. That part of the movie was a riot, but I feel bad for her. Judging by the level of other people he's duped, it would have been an easy mistake to make.

TUSooner
11/22/2006, 03:33 PM
No. It sounds more mean than funny. I don't think I'd be much amused by seeing people duped and punked and made fools of and stuff.
Meh... that's JMHO.

yermom
11/22/2006, 03:36 PM
No. It sounds more mean than funny. I don't think I'd be much amused by seeing people duped and punked and made fools of and stuff.
Meh... that's JMHO.

it's not THAT bad, and most of them deserved it ;)

i think a lot of it is social commentary, like South Park (Matt and Trey got special thanks in the credits)

Frozen Sooner
11/22/2006, 03:40 PM
Meh... that's JMHO.

A couple of them, sure. I felt kind of bad for the southern hospitality crowd and the TV show. The rest of them? All that got lampooned was their own sexist and racist attitudes.

Based on the concept of boiler-plate contract, the fact that the representative of the movie company stated that the waivers were only good for Kazakhstan prior to signing may end up getting them tossed.

yermom
11/22/2006, 03:49 PM
A couple of them, sure. I felt kind of bad for the southern hospitality crowd and the TV show. The rest of them? All that got lampooned was their own sexist and racist attitudes.

Based on the concept of boiler-plate contract, the fact that the representative of the movie company stated that the waivers were only good for Kazakhstan prior to signing may end up getting them tossed.

i think the Southern hospitality crowd was kinda targeted as being somewhat racist... they lived on Secession Drive :eek:

at least that is how it was kinda implied, and i think that's why they had such the adverse reaction they did when his "guest" arrived

the TV show thing was funny, it wasn't really anything too offensive that i remember

Frozen Sooner
11/22/2006, 03:51 PM
Ah. I thought the problem they had was that he handed them a bag full of **** and his date was an obvious prostitute.

Though I guess on second thought they were putting up with everything he did-saying that one woman wouldn't be considered attractive in Kazakhstan, handing the host a bag of ****, calling one of the guests a retard-right up until his black date showed up.

yermom
11/22/2006, 04:11 PM
even kissing the guys on the mouth when he greeted them :D

the reactions to the kissing was pretty funny every time he'd meet someone

SoonerProphet
11/25/2006, 10:51 AM
Sacha Cohen and Dustin Hoffman were angelic guides to Larry David in an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, funny stuff. Saw the flick last night at a Movie Tavern, the rubber fist was classic.

JohnnyMack
11/25/2006, 11:20 AM
Borat could have been brilliant if he had stuck with the kind of humor that made him great in the first place. What killed this movie was the unnecessary Jackass style potty humor. Too many poo-poo jokes and naked man jokes that are really played out and not enough scenes like the rodeo.

The Southern hospitality bit had a chance to be terrific, I'm sure he could have gotten those guys to hang (or lynch) themselves if he pushed. Why he chose the black hooker/poop in a bag route is beyond me.

Rhino
3/30/2007, 11:01 PM
I heard the TV producer that booked him as a guest on their little local show ended up losing her job over it. That part of the movie was a riot, but I feel bad for her. Judging by the level of other people he's duped, it would have been an easy mistake to make. She did. Er, she claims that's why she was fired.

The blonde guy who was interviewing him is a Norman High and OU grad.

Some of you may remember him as former OU (http://www.ou.edu/student/greek/ato/deucebrad.jpg) student body president (http://www.ou.edu/student/greek/ato/crescents.jpg) Brad McMullan (http://www.wapt.com/newsteam/2686021/detail.html).

King Crimson
3/30/2007, 11:16 PM
we watched this in my class Wednesday. the first 2 minutes about techmology.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB5VXJXxnNU&mode=related&search=

SoonerProphet
3/31/2007, 10:01 AM
we watched this in my class Wednesday. the first 2 minutes about techmology.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB5VXJXxnNU&mode=related&search=

homosapien:)