PDA

View Full Version : Congrats (part II) on the win!

Mac94
11/6/2006, 10:03 AM
It was another Kyle Field classic ... although these seem to generally fall in your favor. Although, since Beano picked us to win, as I said last week, we were doomed. ;)

Bob Stoops again showed why he's a winner. He plays to win. The onsides kick was gutsy ... and a great call ... the play was right there and you all should have recovered. Then, with the game in the line, going for it so deep in your own end. The odds were in your favor, but the risk was great. Most coaches punt, but Bob plays to win.

Contrast that with Fran who coached scared in the key moment for my Ags ... 3rd and goal at the three down 17-10 and everyone is calling it four down territory and instead of going with what had been working, and run with Lane or Goodson or McGee ... he calls a pass and then settles for the three.

Game, set, match.

Here's to a 10-2 (11-1) Sooner team come december!

One funny thing (not that there is much funny about the Oregon mess) about the ref job the Sooners got in Oregon ... it may actually come back and bite Texas in the backside. Here in Austin they were talking about the new rankings in the BCS and how close it is between the Horns and Florida. The difference right now is in the computers and OU's "loss" to Oregon. If things break right, that game may cost Texas in the end.

boomersooner28
11/6/2006, 10:09 AM
One funny thing (not that there is much funny about the Oregon mess) about the ref job the Sooners got in Oregon ... it may actually come back and bite Texas in the backside. Here in Austin they were talking about the new rankings in the BCS and how close it is between the Horns and Florida. The difference right now is in the computers and OU's "loss" to Oregon. If things break right, that game may cost Texas in the end.

Huummmm, haven't even thought of it that way. Hopefully, if enough teams get screwed this year, the BcS will implode. I know....I'm dreaming.

Widescreen
11/6/2006, 01:02 PM
...that game may cost Texas in the end.
As long as they take something in the end, I'm fer it.

Thanks, Mac.

humblesooner
11/6/2006, 02:36 PM
As long as they take something in the end, I'm fer it.

Thanks, Mac.

Widescreen - I remember seeing your avatar when I watched the replay yesterday and thinking "It's Stunned Aggie - Part II"!!

Mac94
11/6/2006, 03:25 PM
Watching the game I knew that guy was destined to become our version of "stunned Aggie." Thank goodness we don't do goofy foam hats or anything .... but I bet someone will photoshop one in at somepoint.

BTW, I'm a real person. What's funny is that I was in Wal Mart yesterday in Round Rock and I was wearing an A&M t-shirt and a guy in an OU shirt walked by and yelled "how 'bout them Sooners." Funny stuff ... but it was a good win for OU.

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/6/2006, 03:28 PM
I hope he's a real person. ;)

Yeah, well...keep your eyes open.

:mad:

Mac94
11/6/2006, 03:47 PM
Blonde -

??????

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/6/2006, 04:13 PM
We've just had some of our own turn out to be...not real.

Carry on...

Mac94
11/6/2006, 04:23 PM
Blonde -

Oh, that's just seomthing that happens on any internet board.
Anyway, outside of meeting face to face, it's hard to know who is really who in this type of format, but, it's still all fun.

My being over here, though, is generally because I am also a Sooner fan. Yes, I am an A&M alum ... class of 94 as my user name hints. My dad, though, graduated from OU med school in 1974 and I grew up going to games in Norman. I wanted to go to OU but by the time I was in high school I lived in Texas and out of state tuition was to expensive so I had to choose in state. I never stopped being an OU fan ... hey, A&M was in the SWC, OU was in the Big-8 .... who knew?

Anyway, hopefully OU can now run the table and I'd expect a Cotton Bowl birth for the Sooners. With a team as young (and now battle tested) as Bob has, find a coach up the right QB and this team has VERY high potential.

bixby28
11/6/2006, 04:45 PM
This was an enormous win. Stoops is the type of coach who can judge the atmosphere of a game; can he win without a huge, risky play, or can his players produce even when they gamble and lose, like the on-side kick.

He is as savvy as any coach in college football when making potentially game changing calls.