PDA

View Full Version : Tide fans are NOT taking loss to Miss. State well.

Okla-homey
11/6/2006, 07:35 AM
Seriously. Talked to few folks back there over the weekend. They want Shula's head on a spear. Now.

As an aside, might be a good year to try to fulfill a college football goal of attending an Iron Bowl...if that's something you ever wanted to do. Plenty of tickets should be available.

check this out, from the only sunshine-pumper left in Tideland:

One sad thing that is actually a positive for Coach Shula: We have, for the most part, no more gimme games on the schedule.

Sadly enough, another gimme game could be the final nail in the coffin for Shula.

We squeaked by both Vanderbilt and Duke, and were then beaten by Mississippi State.

The loss to Mississippi State put Shula squarely on the hot seat, but another loss to a team like Mississippi State would probably be the death knell for him.

I mean does anybody really think Shula could survive, or have any real chance of surviving, if he had another MSU-type loss this season?

Fortunately, with LSU and Auburn left on the schedule, just losing won't get him in any more trouble than he is already in. However, it could get worse.

Rest assured, we will, somehow, someway, get a bowl invitation and we will go bowling. It will likely be in a pure crap bowl, but we will be facing one of two different possible types of teams:

(1) A very mediocre team from a major conference with a comparable record of something like 6-6. Teams like this could include Kansas, Oklahoma State, Florida State, Indiana, etc.

(2) A decent team from a mid-major conference. Teams like this could include South Florida, Tulsa, Houston, Middle Tennessee State, Eastern Michigan, etc.

Now if we lose to LSU and Auburn, then look like crap and lose to a team like that in a crappy bowl, and thereby finish 6-7, Shula may be getting fired sooner than we all think.

His only saving grace then just may be it's pretty hard to fire a coach basically in January.

Shula has get something done ASAP, or it's going to turn ugly.

boomersooner28
11/6/2006, 10:13 AM
Now Alabama IS a school I WOULD like to see Kragthorpe coach at. Kick Shula's *** outta there and hire Kraggy.

Okla-homey
11/6/2006, 10:37 AM
Now Alabama IS a school I WOULD like to see Kragthorpe coach at. Kick Shula's *** outta there and hire Kraggy.

I don't think it would work because Steve Kragthorpe is not a Southerner, nor did he play at an SEC school -- let alone played for the Bear. They are pretty pedigree-sensitive down there in Tuscaloosey. His being caucasian would be a plus though.;)