PDA

View Full Version : I want Boise St to Lose...

Fraggle145
11/6/2006, 03:25 AM
In my mind I think Boise needs to lose for us to get in given that we win out... However see this story from ESPN's Brad Edwards... Does this mean that they would take the ACC champs spot? That would be good for us too. Keep your eyes on the prize! :pop:

• Boise State held steady at No. 14 in the standings despite moving up one more spot in each poll. The Broncos offset that movement by dropping slightly in the computer ratings, thanks mostly to playing a 1-6 Fresno State team last week. But BSU's chances of playing in a major bowl game if undefeated are still very good.

A quick look at the BCS standings shows that several teams not too far in front of the Broncos are guaranteed to lose. Tennessee plays Arkansas, Rutgers plays West Virginia, and USC plays both Cal and Notre Dame. The other thing that will benefit Boise State is its remaining schedule. If it can survive road games against San Jose State (6-2) and Nevada (6-3), Boise State will finish a few spots higher than it currently finds itself in the computer ratings, and that would be a big help.

Even if Boise State never makes it into the top 12, it still has a decent chance to automatically earn a BCS berth. A clause states that the highest-ranked champion of the non-major conferences gets into the Bowl Championship Series if it is ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS standings and is higher-ranked than the champion of an automatic-qualifying conference. Right now, the highest-ranked team from the ACC is Georgia Tech, which is four places behind the Broncos.

Brad Edwards is a college football researcher at ESPN. His Road to the BCS appears weekly during the season.

AustinTXHorn
11/6/2006, 03:34 AM
I want them to lose because they would likely play Texas in the Fiesta and Boise State just is not very good. You can't struggle to defeat Wyoming, New Mexico State and Idaho and get into the BCS. Especially not when your marquee win is over a 6-3 Oregon State team.

Fraggle145
11/6/2006, 10:40 AM
I want them to lose because they would likely play Texas in the Fiesta and Boise State just is not very good. You can't struggle to defeat Wyoming, New Mexico State and Idaho and get into the BCS. Especially not when your marquee win is over a 6-3 Oregon State team.

I want you to lose twice... :eek:

proudsoonergal
11/6/2006, 10:44 AM
Fraggle -

The ACC champ would also still get in, if Boise gets in due to the "top 16 and four spots higher" rule. Basically, instead of an "at-large," Boise would become an "automatic."

southern sooner
11/6/2006, 11:39 AM
looks of their schedule I doubt they willl ose, however, it would be nice to see them lose one...

Midtowner
11/6/2006, 11:47 AM
All the more reason to include a strength of schedule component in calculating the BCS.

Fraggle145
11/6/2006, 12:08 PM
All the more reason to include a strength of schedule component in calculating the BCS.

I thought that was taken care of by the human voters... :rolleyes:

SteelClip49
11/6/2006, 12:08 PM
Boise State isn't that good??? Boise State has been a mid major power for how long?? Dan Hawkins started it and it still is continuing. Boise State defeated Oregon State earlier this season 42-14. Oregon State beat USC. It sure looks good for Boise State and they do deserve a BCS spot if they win out. Hell, Utah received one in 2004 and took advantage of it by winning 35-7 over Pitt. Oklahoma just has to take care of business and win out and hope for some miracle for Texas to lose out for Oklahoma to play Nebraska for the Big 12 Title.

At this point, I see Oklahoma playing Less Smiles U. in the Cotton Bowl or USC/California in the Holiday Bowl.

soonerlaw
11/6/2006, 12:17 PM
I just want Texas to lose one more. Then I will be able to sleep through the night.

proudsoonergal
11/6/2006, 01:02 PM
I think the biggest chance of Boise losing will be their last game of the year against Nevada.

Fraggle145
11/6/2006, 02:03 PM
Both of those games San Jose St, and Nevada are away games for them, and btw the best team they have beaten this year is Hawaii, the beavers are just blind squirrels, even they find nuts in the woods every now and again.

King Crimson
11/6/2006, 02:09 PM
Boise State isn't that good??? Boise State has been a mid major power for how long?? Dan Hawkins started it and it still is continuing. Boise State defeated Oregon State earlier this season 42-14. Oregon State beat USC. It sure looks good for Boise State and they do deserve a BCS spot if they win out. Hell, Utah received one in 2004 and took advantage of it by winning 35-7 over Pitt. Oklahoma just has to take care of business and win out and hope for some miracle for Texas to lose out for Oklahoma to play Nebraska for the Big 12 Title.

At this point, I see Oklahoma playing Less Smiles U. in the Cotton Bowl or USC/California in the Holiday Bowl.

that Pitt team was arguably the worst BCS team ever. Utah was a good team that year, but i don't see that win as conclusive proof to generalize that Boise is *all that*. and Dirk Koetter had enough success at BSU to get offered both the Oklahoma State and Arizona State jobs. So, Hawkins didn't exactly "start it".....though he obviously had considerable success in the WAC.

Harry Beanbag
11/6/2006, 04:10 PM
Boise State is a joke just like their blue field.

umberto
11/6/2006, 04:26 PM
Nevada was co-conference champions last year, and their coach is a hall of famer that came back to coach again. They could definitely pull the upset.

Rogue
11/6/2006, 05:59 PM
I said it in another post. If BSU and either Louisville or Rutgers win out they should play each other in a play-in game.

Sooner Sig Ep
11/6/2006, 06:33 PM
Boise sure is a nice place to go fly fishing and the people are pretty nice as well. I was visiting a client last week and the place was extremely hyped about the Fresno St. game and it was nice to see them rallying behind their team... so as long as it doesn't hinder the Sooners' chances, I'm all for 'em.

Fraggle145
11/19/2006, 06:12 PM
I still want Boise St. to lose...

AimForCenterMass
11/19/2006, 07:10 PM

I've lived in Idaho for four years now, and take it from me, Oregon State is Boise's biggest game of the year. BSU considers Oregon State to be their biggest rival and they have the OSU game circled at the start of each season. Its easy to plan for only one game a year when you play in the WAC. Boise State is an average team that can beat a mediocre BCS team on their home turf. However, Boise falters when they play any signifigant team on the road. In addition, thinking Boise State is good because they beat Oregon State, who beat USC, who beat so and so, etc. is a fallacy of false cause. In 2004, OU drilled Tech, who thumped Cal, who took USC to the wire, which led a lot to believe Oklahoma would win easily...and we know what happened. Teams match up differently with other teams and most progress throughout the season. There are a lot of intangibles in football; too many to just predict a game based upon who beat who, when.

I hate Boise State with a passion. You would too if you had to live in Idaho. The BSU fans think Boise is the football capitol of the world. I lost all respect for the program when I went to my first game (the tickets were free for military) and I watched Boise run up the score by throwing into the endzone with seconds left in the fourth quarter, even though they were up by about 50. They don't play with class and thump their chest after beating Northwester Community College for the Blind and Permanently Disabled, then demand to be invited to a BCS game.

Visit www.bsufootball.com and go to the message boards. I was banned for defending Oklahoma after the BSU fans starting ripping on Oklahoma's program. First of all, they think Boise is better because they have a better record. I'm not even getting into this because its beating a dead horse. What got me banned was when people started making comments about car dealerships and guys packing heat in the dorms. I simply explained to them that Bomar was kicked off the team for his actions and the problem with guns, etc. were over 20 years ago. So, in response I made mention of the fact Boise is playing Cam Hall, who was charged with Manslaughter x3 and hit and run...and that's why I'm banned.

If Boise State plays in a BCS game, you'll hear plenty of this...

"Overrated...Clap-Clap...Clap-Clap-Clap...Overrated..."

snp
11/19/2006, 07:23 PM

Right, because that's not in computers rankings or anything.

OUstud
11/19/2006, 07:24 PM
Nevada will beat them next week.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/19/2006, 07:28 PM
2-5 against top 25 teams including 0-3 last season...play in your home bowl and have a nice day...

Boise State Penguin
11/20/2006, 12:55 PM
Boise State has earned that at-large bid. There's nothing you can do about it.

I guess you should have beaten Oregon if you wanted a shot at the BCS.

Scotty
11/20/2006, 01:01 PM

:pop:

SoonerStormchaser
11/20/2006, 01:04 PM

I guess you should have beaten Oregon if you wanted a shot at the BCS.

Ok moron, where do I even begin to rip that apart...

First of all, YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN ANY RANKED TEAMS!!!
Second of all, YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED IN EUGENE!!!

BillyBall
11/20/2006, 01:08 PM
Ok moron, where do I even begin to rip that apart...

Wow, far too easy...

Fraggle145
11/20/2006, 01:12 PM
I've seen them play... When UGA ripped their head of and sh!t down their necks. AND I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!! Zabransky is a joke, he gets pwned by any pressure and then is just terrible. They had to take him out of the UGA game so he would stop embarassing himself.

Boise State Penguin
11/20/2006, 01:13 PM

It depends on what you consider "top ten." We have beaten Oregon State when they were the 10th highest ranked team on the west coast. So, I say, "Yes, we have."

Secondly, I know what happened in Eugene. Oklahoma lost.

birddog
11/20/2006, 02:20 PM
i think we would beat bs by 3 td's but that's not how the system "works", unfortunately. until they pull a rutgers they will stay above us and there's nothing we can do about it.

oklaclarinet
11/20/2006, 02:38 PM
To Boise State Penguin:

Please don't make me do anything to start hating BSU. I actually like and respect Boise State. They were gracious hosts for our women's basketball team in 2002. I have a weird fascination with the blue turf. However, if you continue to come on here just to cause trouble, that might change. Thanks.

TheLadiesMike
11/20/2006, 02:45 PM
It depends on what you consider "top ten." We have beaten Oregon State when they were the 10th highest ranked team on the west coast. So, I say, "Yes, we have."

That's so aggie! :rolleyes:

Why not say you beat Oregon State when they were the #1 highest ranked team in Oregon?

Fraggle145
11/20/2006, 02:50 PM

How is this guy still green?! moreover how is he still here?!

That is the lamest "we have actually beaten somebody" smack ever...

Dude I saw you get pwned last year by UGA in person... you are not that good and cant hang with the big boys... I almost kind of hope you do get your shot and then get embarassed by the Big XII champ (us or texas or nebraska? ewww)

My right nut pwn's your blue muff all day...

Give. It. Up. :cool:

birddog
11/20/2006, 04:37 PM
there's no way boise is going to lose to nevada.

we'll need something else to happen. don't know what, just being a realist.

AimForCenterMass
11/20/2006, 08:34 PM

Boise State beat an unranked four loss Oregon State team on their home turf; that is their most impressive victory so far yet they're getting an automatic bid to a BCS bowl game!!!!

Penguin, you can't deny this: Oregon State is Boise's biggest game every year. Hell, it's practically the only semi-challenge BSU faces every year. In a way, its their bowl game. If Boise played in the Pac 10 or any other BCS conference they would NOT be undefeated. Just watch what happens every week. Eventually, teams slip up in conference. Boise has the luxury of only having to prep for one game (OSU)...the rest is just going through the motions, unless you count a few of the close calls they had to those cupcakes. Boise State sucks, now go recruit some more 2 star rejects.

Boise Bandit
11/20/2006, 10:52 PM
You people wouldn't know a big game if it bit you on the hiney.

Boise State is undefeated. You have been beaten. TWICE!

Why can't I start a new thread?

Crucifax Autumn
11/20/2006, 11:16 PM
B3ecause you're a jackhole.

Boise State Penguin
11/20/2006, 11:21 PM
Why not say you beat Oregon State when they were the #1 highest ranked team in Oregon?

OK. We beat the #1 team in Oregon. Oklahoma lost to the #2 team in Oregon.

What's the problem?

sooneron
11/20/2006, 11:25 PM

What's the problem?
Damnit BS Penguin!! I told you last year that if you ever showed your hide around here, I was going to gut it, clean it, and sell it on ebay! You left me there at that truck stop outside Sun Valley and I cursed the day I signed up for your retarded ski trip. YOU will rue the day you crossed my path!

Boise State sucks donkey balls, btw. You suck, you have no relevance to this discussion at ALL!

OUHOMER
11/20/2006, 11:29 PM

What's the problem?

WHY IS THIS GUY GREEN

yur-out
11/20/2006, 11:35 PM
What's the problem?
Well the problem is, you have the same mentality as your ex-head coach. You know, the one that was going to bring that high powered offense he used at smurf field. The one that was going to show the Big XII an offense they had never seen before. Wait.....come to think about it he's right. The Big XII has never seen an offense from him.
Delusional seems to run rampant in Bosie water.

Crucifax Autumn
11/21/2006, 12:03 AM
This guy musta got a bad potato

Boise State Penguin
11/21/2006, 12:07 AM
Damnit BS Penguin!! I told you last year that if you ever showed your hide around here, I was going to gut it, clean it, and sell it on ebay! You left me there at that truck stop outside Sun Valley and I cursed the day I signed up for your retarded ski trip. YOU will rue the day you crossed my path!

Boise State sucks donkey balls, btw. You suck, you have no relevance to this discussion at ALL!

Go to hell sooneron! How the hell can I let a "I want Boise St to Lose..." thread go without a response?

BOISE STATE IS THE BETTER TEAM! WHAT ELSE DOES THE BCS NEED TO PROVE TO YOU?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/21/2006, 08:55 AM
I love you BS Penguin...please dont give me cancer

royalfan5
11/21/2006, 11:48 AM
I for one, welcome our new Boise State overlords.

Fraggle145
11/25/2006, 04:17 AM
Go to hell sooneron! How the hell can I let a "I want Boise St to Lose..." thread go without a response?

Looks like you are going to get your chance you blue balled sh!t bird... And my thread is still relevant, damn I feel like a champ, a big XII champ that is... take care of buisness against the orang retards tomorrow and then bury Nebraska!

Jason White's Third Knee
11/25/2006, 09:06 AM

Whatever you say, Rutgers... oops, I mean, Boise St.

There are a lot of fakes in the top twenty. Boise St would lose to most of them.

Dio
11/25/2006, 12:49 PM
I love the smell of n00b bait in the morning.