PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Brodney...

Sooner_Havok
11/5/2006, 05:04 PM
Normally I would be happy as hell that Brodney pool keeps knocking down passes and doing a great job defending, but today I really need Phillip Rivers to get me some passing yards so I don't lose my fantasy game!

Rogue
11/5/2006, 05:40 PM
Sounds like you're hurtin' at QB like me. Stud RB draft theory burns me at least 2 games each year.

Newbomb Turk
11/5/2006, 05:41 PM
my fantasy team is the succ. I gotta quit drinking beer when we have our draft.

GottaHavePride
11/5/2006, 05:51 PM
I don't get the appeal of fantasy football.

Newbomb Turk
11/5/2006, 05:59 PM

have you ever tried it?

it just makes watching NFL games a bit more interesting.

Rogue
11/5/2006, 06:04 PM
Yup. Almost every game is interesting b/c chances are either your team or the other team has a player that can make or break ya.

It's like a season-long wager!

GottaHavePride
11/5/2006, 06:09 PM
Heh. No, I've never played it. but I'm not much of an NFL fan, either. I mean, I'll watch games to see certain players play, but I don't really care about any of the teams.

Cam
11/5/2006, 06:26 PM
It does give you something/someone to root for in pretty much every game, which is cool. The worst part is that if you're going to do it, and win, it takes a lotttttttttt of time. Did it two years, won the league both years, but just couldn't commit the time to it after that.

Rogue
11/5/2006, 06:34 PM
I haven't like the NFL in years either. Free-agency is just too wierd. But fantasy football makes free-agency interesting.

Scott D
11/5/2006, 07:58 PM
What Cam means is it gives you a reason to bother paying attention to the NFL. Especially if you are a stats geek :)

Cam
11/5/2006, 08:22 PM
What Cam means is it gives you a reason to bother paying attention to the NFL. Especially if you are a stats geek :)
Guilty as charged. :O

Scott D
11/5/2006, 11:23 PM
Guilty as charged. :O

heh try having Sabermetrics explained to you back before it became the "in" method of gauging baseball statistics :D

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/6/2006, 10:19 AM
I'm with GHP - I tried to play a couple of years ago and I just couldn't get into it. It's just a big 'ol game of pretend.

Kinda like the Dungeons and Dragons of football.

hurricane'bone
11/6/2006, 10:20 AM
Heh. No, I've never played it. but I'm not much of an NFL fan, either. I mean, I'll watch games to see certain players play, but I don't really care about any of the teams.

thats umm....how most fantasy football owners are.

Sooner_Havok
11/8/2006, 02:03 AM
thats umm....how most fantasy football owners are.

Pretty much, I don't care if one team wins or loses in the NFL, so long as I win, which I did, despite Rivers bad day :D