PDA

View Full Version : Allen Patrick spin move (video)

booomer
11/5/2006, 04:49 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=I221rUccEEI

I've just uploaded it, so it may be a little slow playing.

time: 1:30

fadada1
11/5/2006, 04:51 PM
first time i've seen that... still looking for the hold. unreal run.

goingoneight
11/5/2006, 04:55 PM
So Malcom Kelly gets knocked over after a *legal block* and he gets called for holding???

StoopTroup
11/5/2006, 04:56 PM
He accelerates out of the spin...

AWESOME!

I still think it wasn't holding either...

I guess it doesn't matter though.

Newbomb Turk
11/5/2006, 04:58 PM
that was a sweet run.

Scotty
11/5/2006, 05:02 PM
for the record, spin move is circle. :D

rhombic21
11/5/2006, 05:07 PM
1) It was a hold, so let's stop that talk.

2) Hopefully that run gives Patrick some confidence to trust his abilities more in the open field. It seems like he's been afraid to try and put a move on somebody so far, even though he has plenty of speed and quickness. Maybe this run will show him that he has the talent to make some of the breakway runs that AD did, by making a guy miss at the second level. He just needs to relax and trust his instincts.

KingDavid
11/5/2006, 05:13 PM

2) Hopefully that run gives Patrick some confidence to trust his abilities more in the open field. It seems like he's been afraid to try and put a move on somebody so far, even though he has plenty of speed and quickness. Maybe this run will show him that he has the talent to make some of the breakway runs that AD did, by making a guy miss at the second level. He just needs to relax and trust his instincts.

Agreed on #2. On #1 I think it could have gone either way.

My prediction before the game was that this game would give Patrick that confidence and that next week will be his break out game. I'm calling it now that he's going to take a 40+ run to the house.

L.J.TX Sooner
11/5/2006, 05:21 PM
Sweet vid.
What's the best way to get a copy of the game, my DVR took a break on me.

:(

OU-HSV
11/5/2006, 05:30 PM
That's what I was thinking when I was watching the game and they said that.

Rogue
11/5/2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks, I was taking a constitutional during that play and missed it. Mrs. Rogue did get to hear my lecture harkening back to Coach McKenzie's Winning Edge about not coaching caution into good players and how AP has been so brow-beaten about not making those moves that it costs him as much as it helps him. Mrs. Rogue asked, "but doesn't Adrian Peterson make cuts back across the field in every game?" Bless her heart.

bdp514
11/5/2006, 05:52 PM
I tell you what I think was the most impressive part of that run. If you saw him in the huddle you would have seen him pumping everrone up. He had just fumble he possession before. I turned to my buddy and told him we better watch out on this play because he is on a mission. Turns out I was right.

AzianSooner
11/5/2006, 08:07 PM
that awesome run surely boot AP's confidence high.

okienator
11/5/2006, 08:51 PM
did i see him limping after the game

Ahamay17
11/5/2006, 09:22 PM
did i see him limping after the game

Prolly, he was having is ankle taped over his shoe late in the game. . . Guess it's not serious, as no one has made it an issue. . .

StoopTroup
11/5/2006, 09:29 PM

Easy to say today...

If we would have gotten stopped on 4th down and aTm won with a FG...

I think you would consider it at least a close call.

Again...it just doesn't matter when you win...

When you lose like we did in the Oregon game you call it like you see it IMO.

sooners2k3
11/5/2006, 10:45 PM
my favorite part of the run is him paying some homage to AD with the high step at the end.

SoonerStud615
11/5/2006, 11:35 PM
B for those of us with xbox 360's

stoopified
11/6/2006, 01:04 AM
It was one of the best plays that didn't count that I ever saw,kinda like the Malcolm Kelly sideline catch last year (was it Baylor?).

Hella Sideburns
11/6/2006, 02:05 AM
It was one of the best plays that didn't count that I ever saw,kinda like the Malcolm Kelly sideline catch last year (was it Baylor?).

mark clayton vs k state, big 12 championship game.

best play that didnt count

Okla-homey
11/6/2006, 06:23 AM
B for those of us with xbox 360's

Herbstreit said it was L1 on "Playstation." heh.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/6/2006, 11:06 AM

If it WAS a hold (I don't think so) then what is different about this block and the blocks by linemen when they hold the D-lineman's jersey? Hands were within the shoulders, they were in between the shoulders and waist and he was driving into the block. I don't see a difference.

SoonerObsession
11/6/2006, 11:24 AM
Everytime we score my wife says, "I bet there's a flag". The refs this year are going to cause my wife to never watch another game if they keep this up.

SoonerJason
11/6/2006, 11:50 AM
AD was running with him. heh

cvsooner
11/6/2006, 03:41 PM
It's borderline holding. I can't really fault the official for calling it. I've also seen it happen and not get called. Coulda gone either way.

The worst part of the call--two parts, really--with that run AP finishes with over 200 yards for the night and it would have broken ATM's back putting us up 24-10.

Patrick showed some moves though. I'm almost afraid to say that it's the best run by an OU back this season. Sorry AD...good coaching on your part there, though. Thanks for the assist. AP's playing just fine.

Mac94
11/6/2006, 03:53 PM
I can't say if it was holding on Peterson or not, it's borderline. But man, that was a great run by Allen ... what year is he? Can't remember off the top of my head. I assume he's back next year and with what he showed saturday as well as what he did against CU and MU, OU looks just fine next season running wise whetehr AD goes to the NFL or not. That play was amazing!

Loved the NCAA 2007 reference by Kirk, too. Although XBox has got to wonder where the love for them was. ;)

cvsooner
11/6/2006, 04:33 PM
I can't say if it was holding on Peterson or not, it's borderline. But man, that was a great run by Allen ... what year is he? Can't remember off the top of my head. I assume he's back next year

He's a junior. He'll be back. No, he'll be THE back. Now if he can keep learning how to hold on to the dang ball.

rb585
11/6/2006, 04:40 PM
http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/110506aah.html

All Night Allen Patrick!

Mac94
11/6/2006, 04:44 PM
No, he'll be THE back. Now if he can keep learning how to hold on to the dang ball.

Aren't there a couple of kids being redshirted that have alot of potential as well? Running back is one position that freshmen can really seize and do well in ... see Goodson for us. Courtney Lewis is now an afterthought as a senior because of Mike.

blackbeauty02
11/6/2006, 07:57 PM
that was the best spin move i've seen in awhile. i thought i was watching peterson for a second. the way he was running in full stride and did the leg strut in the end. I've always thought highly of Patrick as a running back. if we never got Peterson, Patrick would have done a great job. He's just been having to live in the shadow of AD, one of the greatest backs in history.

Texas Golfer
11/7/2006, 12:46 AM
We got called for several very close calls throughout the game.

The taunting call, the pass interference call, the hitting out of bounds, the holding call. All of those could have gone either way and the refs chose to make them. Unfortunately, the decided not to make those kind of calls on the Aggies.

StoopTroup
11/7/2006, 01:24 AM
http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/110506aah.html

All Night Allen Patrick!
Darrie Williams had 4 tackles and 5 assists and Harringtons went 4 + 4 for 8 total...

Guess the guy felt he had to give aTm some love some how...

Lendy Holmes had 3 tackles and 5 assists...I felt he was Defensive Player of the Game.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/7/2006, 02:03 AM
When you lose like we did in the Oregon game you call it like you see it IMO.

Wait we lost?:confused:

OUTromBoNado
11/7/2006, 03:55 PM
He was pulling the defender's jersey a little bit. I had to replay it in slow-mo on the DVR to see it. It probably wouldn't have been called if it wasn't right next to Patrick, and right where the ref was looking.

OUswagger
11/7/2006, 05:03 PM
Bomar, $10k, Oregon screwed, Adrian heisman Allen Patrick priceless!!