PDA

View Full Version : I bet that Graduate Level Economics Courses are a lot more fun

royalfan5
11/5/2006, 02:25 PM
if you have an undergraduate background in economics and math(which I don't particularly). If economics isn't the least fun thing you can do, I would be surprised. On the upside, I will be done with the dismal science soon enough.

Rogue
11/5/2006, 02:47 PM
Macro-Economics was almost the end of my undergraduate "career". Made it through by the skin of my teeth.

Frozen Sooner
11/5/2006, 03:32 PM
if you have an undergraduate background in economics and math(which I don't particularly). If economics isn't the least fun thing you can do, I would be surprised. On the upside, I will be done with the dismal science soon enough.

Yeah, if you're going to take grad-level econ courses having actually taken some undergrad stuff would probably helps. It also helps to have the calc series down as well as some diff. eq.

At one point I was planning on getting a postgraduate degree in econ-in fact, I was hoping to get into the University of Chicago dual PhD/JD program. Both Posner and Friedman were on the faculty. Then I realized that even had I been accepted I would have left school roughly in third-world nation kinds of debt.

royalfan5
11/5/2006, 03:53 PM
Yeah, if you're going to take grad-level econ courses having actually taken some undergrad stuff would probably helps. It also helps to have the calc series down as well as some diff. eq.

At one point I was planning on getting a postgraduate degree in econ-in fact, I was hoping to get into the University of Chicago dual PhD/JD program. Both Posner and Friedman were on the faculty. Then I realized that even had I been accepted I would have left school roughly in third-world nation kinds of debt.
I know enough calc to survive, it's just doesn't come as natural to me as the people that have been doing econ for years. It just isn't as much fun as some the other stuff.

Rogue
11/5/2006, 03:58 PM
No reason EVAR to use "econ" and "fun" in the same sentence unless you just won the Lotto.