PDA

View Full Version : Revenge is a dish best served cold.

KC//CRIMSON
11/5/2006, 01:01 PM
http://bobbygriffith.com/uploaded_images/td-725101.jpg

Video::mad: http://jimsoklahomasportspage.com/videos/tech05/techplay14.mpg :mad:

stoopified
11/5/2006, 01:05 PM
BEST served by 4TD margin of victory.

blackbeauty02
11/5/2006, 01:10 PM
yea that was bullcrap. i don't know if that was worse or the oregon game. **** the refs. we'll beat tech this year.

birddog
11/5/2006, 01:12 PM
oh boy, oh boy. i have been waiting for this game for a long time.

i hope we don't let up and our offense is clicking.

cowrazer1
11/5/2006, 03:38 PM
We really got jobbed by the refs in the Texas game.

XingTheRubicon
11/5/2006, 03:42 PM

Oh, stop it, you're gonna make me bust out cryin'

cowrazer1
11/5/2006, 03:46 PM
I didn't mean to ruin your day Rubi.

sooneron
11/5/2006, 03:47 PM
The stench of sand aggy can be stifling.

David Earl
11/5/2006, 03:47 PM

I saw the compilation over at YouTube and I agree. There was deliberate cheating by the refs.

stoopified
11/5/2006, 04:04 PM
I saw the compilation over at YouTube and I agree. There was deliberate cheating by the refs.Which of course TT richly deserved a taste of after last years grand larceny vs. the SOONERS.

XingTheRubicon
11/5/2006, 04:09 PM
I didn't mean to ruin your day Rubi.

My day starts out ruined. I have a chimpanzee for a president, and aside from that, I was just feeling the need to quote one of my favorite movies.

You guys are getting slow

sooneron
11/5/2006, 04:11 PM
My day starts out ruined. I have a chimpanzee for a president, and aside from that, I was just feeling the need to quote one of my favorite movies.

You guys are getting slow
You mean sand aggy can GET slower?

bluedogok
11/5/2006, 04:18 PM
My wife is a Tech grad and would disagree with you, yeah there were some bad call but there are in every game anymore.

Just look at the gift that the Redskins got at the end of the game that put them in field goal position with no time on the clock. There is no way that was a 15yd face mask, but without those 10 yards they would never have had a 57 yd FG. If you are going to get the penalty, get your money's worth and take him down with it.

I just wish officials would give up on the pretense of not being the deciding factor in games anymore, that and get rid if replay if they are not going to use which it looks like they aren't anymore.

Sooner_Havok
11/5/2006, 04:47 PM
...but there are in every game anymore.
I am so tired of hearing that excuse! Yes, in every game there are blown holding penalties, facemasks that probably should have been 5 instead of 15, Pass interference calls that really make you wonder, and taunting than can or cannot be called. But those are penalties! Penalties like that can't be reviewed and thus can be lived with when you feel that they are wrong. But when there is video evidence that a spot was wrong or a player was short of the end zone by at least a yard...Those are no longer blown calls. You can look at a video and see what just happened, the rules allow it. Seeing that the wrong call was made, having the ability to correct it and choosing not to is not a blown call, it is a lapse in judgment, or worse, a lapse in morals.

critical_phil
11/5/2006, 04:49 PM

**** off, dip ****

sooner518
11/5/2006, 05:07 PM
We couldnt convert 4th and inches in the Texas game because we have no semblance of a running game at all.

This game is gonna get ugly.

bluedogok
11/5/2006, 05:31 PM
I am so tired of hearing that excuse! Yes, in every game there are blown holding penalties, facemasks that probably should have been 5 instead of 15, Pass interference calls that really make you wonder, and taunting than can or cannot be called. But those are penalties! Penalties like that can't be reviewed and thus can be lived with when you feel that they are wrong. But when there is video evidence that a spot was wrong or a player was short of the end zone by at least a yard...Those are no longer blown calls. You can look at a video and see what just happened, the rules allow it. Seeing that the wrong call was made, having the ability to correct it and choosing not to is not a blown call, it is a lapse in judgment, or worse, a lapse in morals.
I am talking about blown calls in general that can be reviewed and NOT judgement calls like interference, holding, etc. It seems like officials are indecisive and slow to make any call and have decided to just let the guys in the booth make the call, and all the booth does anymore for the most part is rubber stamp whatever was called on the field. I just think if they aren't going to use it to overturn errors like fumbles, posession, spots, receiver in bounds, etc. they just need to junk it. There is no way it could be good to use in the judgement call area, the games would go on forever.

They could call holding on every play if they wanted to call the game within the framework of the rules, just like they could call palming on every guard that plays basketball anymore.

KC//CRIMSON
11/5/2006, 08:41 PM
Can we get back on topic? This thread is about REVENGE!!

I want to see blood!

Sand Aggies running around with missing limbs!

Dead pirates laying all over Owen Field!

jdsooner
11/5/2006, 09:43 PM
The best revenge would be a SHUTOUT!!!

KingDavid
11/6/2006, 01:09 AM
yea that was bullcrap. i don't know if that was worse or the oregon game. **** the refs. we'll beat tech this year.

oregon most definitely worse, imo.

StoopTroup
11/6/2006, 01:17 AM
oregon most definitely worse, imo.
Yep. Not even close, especially given the effect it has on our season at this point.

After we thump Tech this week they could still go 7-5 for the season and get a bowl bid.

We would be in a much different position if that duck game had gone our way.

11-1 going into a Bowl hunt would have been awesome especially if AD and AP were both healthy at that point.

Alas...10-2 is more than many expected.

My mind is blown away by our Sooners at this point.

tommieharris91
11/6/2006, 02:26 AM
I'd much rather be 11-1 than 10-2*.