PDA

View Full Version : 10-2 / Cotton Bowl Bound

8timechamps
11/5/2006, 12:45 PM
It looks like (short of a texas meltdown) we are heading to the Cotton Bowl. I think it is very likely we would see Tennessee. A lot of folks have Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl, but I think they win out and win the SEC CCG. I suppose Florida could slide to the Cotton, but I think Tennessee is in position to be there.

discuss.

AzianSooner
11/5/2006, 12:48 PM
I love Holiday bowl better. But if OU is chosen to play in Cotton bowl, Florida is the best match. I would like to see how OU coaches and players compete with the Gators' coaches and players.

BillyBall
That ****ing onside kick...

usmc-sooner
I think it will be difficult to run the ball 45 times on a good SEC team. I think Stoops is light years ahead of Fat Phil as a coach. I think any of the top SEC teams would be tough for us. I'd like to see us against Auburn maybe.

King Crimson
11/5/2006, 12:49 PM
i'll be the curmudgeon.....i think any number of the last 3 can be testy. pokes will be sky high....

TAFBSooner
11/5/2006, 04:08 PM
If I read this right,

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/stewart_mandel/07/20/inside.bowlgames/index.html

the only two bowls we could go to and play an SEC team are the Cotton and Independence. We probably won't do poorly enough to go to the Independence.

I'm asking because, if we play Lester State, I'd love to see OU kick his teeth in again. Apparently we've got a good shot at the Cotton; what are LSU's chances?

Rogue
11/5/2006, 04:13 PM
I would not want to play Arkansas, or LSU in a bowl game this year.

We could out-physical Tennessee, but Arkansas is the meanest bunch of dudes I've watched this year and it seems that every week someone gets hurt against LSU.

sooneron
11/5/2006, 04:15 PM
Our Oline would have to show up big time for lsu.

Sooner98
11/5/2006, 04:48 PM
After LSU's win yesterday, they probably won't drop to the Cotton. Tennessee is a much more likely opponent.

josh09
11/5/2006, 05:23 PM
It looks like (short of a texas meltdown) we are heading to the Cotton Bowl. I think it is very likely we would see Tennessee. A lot of folks have Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl, but I think they win out and win the SEC CCG. I suppose Florida could slide to the Cotton, but I think Tennessee is in position to be there.

discuss.

musburger noted at the end of the game that we could make it to a BCS bowl, or something like that. i thought that was odd.

Sco
11/5/2006, 08:15 PM
Hmm... If Texas wins the Big XII championship and goes to the Title game, we could still make a BCS run...

But that won't happen.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/5/2006, 08:40 PM
if notre dame is beaten by usc and isnt in a bcs bowl are they a possibility?

umberto
11/5/2006, 08:44 PM
if notre dame is beaten by usc and isnt in a bcs bowl are they a possibility?

I would love to get another crack at those bastards. They got lucky and caught us on the way up in Bob's first year.

ruf/nekdad
11/5/2006, 08:51 PM
mb did some reserch on this that you might find interesting
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81984

StoopTroup
11/5/2006, 08:58 PM
I'd like to see Boise St. and Rutgers face off for the BCS Title game. ;)

SoonerDood
11/6/2006, 12:24 AM
I love Holiday bowl better. But if OU is chosen to play in Cotton bowl, Florida is the best match. I would like to see how OU coaches and players compete with the Gators' coaches and players.
Florida will not play in a bowl game outside of Florida, Georgia, or BCS. evar.

StoopTroup
11/6/2006, 12:29 AM
I'd like to go to the Cotton Bowl again as long as they don't paint the field with Green Dye #3.

Anyone remember how green the uniforms were after the hawg stompin' ? :D

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/ncf/2002/0101/photo/a_williams_vt.jpg

KingDavid
11/6/2006, 12:36 AM
mb did some reserch on this that you might find interesting
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81984

thank you.

i'm going to stick to my guns and say that if:

1) Texas wins the Big XII, and
2) Boise loses, and
3) West Virginia loses again, and most importantly,
4) We finish 10-2 (as long as we don't squeak by every game)

that we will get an at-large selection to play in a BCS bowl, probably against Texas in the Fiesta.

The sorriest thing about these contingencies is that the least likely of all of them . . . is probably Boise St. losing. Pardon my while I yarf.

StoopTroup
11/6/2006, 12:49 AM
32 Bowl Games.

Wow.

List of Bowls (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2473969)

jwlynn64
11/6/2006, 12:55 AM
Michigan will not play OSU in a bowl just like we will not play Texas in a bowl. The bowls will not want to rehash a game that has already been played.

stoopified
11/6/2006, 12:56 AM
After LSU's win yesterday, they probably won't drop to the Cotton. Tennessee is a much more likely opponent.I'd like that game.I think it has been almost 40 years( 1968 OB , 26-24 OU I think.) since we last played the Vols.

KingDavid
11/6/2006, 12:58 AM
Michigan will not play OSU in a bowl just like we will not play Texas in a bowl. The bowls will not want to rehash a game that has already been played.

well . . . that'd be a sad reason not to get selected. perhaps another bowl will pick us up.