PDA

View Full Version : Saddam sentenced to death by hanging

PhilTLL
11/5/2006, 04:08 AM
Plus 2 of his co-defendants, 3 others sentenced to prison, per all 3 cable news networks.

Edit: And the frontpage of http://www.cnn.com, and http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15567363/

SicEmBaylor
11/5/2006, 04:11 AM
http://www.cprf.ru/clipart/misc/gallows.jpg

Adios, mofo!

VeeJay
11/5/2006, 05:59 AM
Now he cn have the long awaited reunion with his two kids in Hell.

william_brasky
11/5/2006, 06:44 AM
Will it be on Pay-per-view?

Mongo
11/5/2006, 06:58 AM
I just hope the Iraquees dont model the US system and let Saddam stay in prison for 15 years before his time on the gallows. He is kinda old and could pass away before, which would leave me very unsatisfied.

Jerk
11/5/2006, 07:15 AM
That's a pretty light sentence for a man who has thrown people into woodchippers and baths of acid.

Rogue
11/5/2006, 08:16 AM
Interesting.

jk the sooner fan
11/5/2006, 08:16 AM
the article says that by iraqi law, the sentence has to be carried out within 30 days....unless the appeals court looks at it

Okla-homey
11/5/2006, 08:22 AM
I'm generally opposed tp capital punishment, but in Saddam's case, since we previously tried mightily to execute him by bomb and/or missile but he was always too sneaky...I wish they would let the USAF carry out the sentence.

Just stake him out on the desert somewhere, preferably near one of the mass graves he filled with dead Kurds, then a ground controller could light him up with a target designator, followed by a flight of two F-16's dropping laser guided 1000 pounders.

It would make great TV too. Especially if done at night. They could floodlight Saddam tied to his stake, then when the bombs struck, it would be all fireworks-y. Especially if they filled his pockets with C-4. The resultant secondary explosions would be very cool.

william_brasky
11/5/2006, 08:35 AM
That's a pretty light sentence for a man who has thrown people into woodchippers and baths of acid.

How about death by Bunga Bunga?

Okla-homey
11/5/2006, 09:01 AM
or that "eaten by pigs" dealio from "Hannibal." Crikey!

Better yet, cut off his head on top of a hill, with a handsaw. Then, let the head roll down the hill and fall into one of several numbered holes. We could have lots of fun betting on which hole the head dropped.

Mongo
11/5/2006, 09:04 AM
Hopefully he will enjoy is newfound love.
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4641/saddampm8.png (http://imageshack.us)

VeeJay
11/5/2006, 10:30 AM
http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1465073.jpg

Asshat

If there has ever been anyone who deserves a gigantic "FU" while the tightened noose steals away his last breath, it is this one.

Jerk
11/5/2006, 10:40 AM
Has the ACLU appealed this yet?

royalfan5
11/5/2006, 10:42 AM
I was hoping for a firing squad.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/5/2006, 10:45 AM
You know how those dumbasses killed Matthew Shepard...that sounds appropriate for Saddam

Mixer!
11/5/2006, 12:09 PM
http://www.acemart.com/graphics/00000001/products/DPZC1002.jpg

Cam
11/5/2006, 12:38 PM
This one'll be a freebie and will be a youtube hit in minutes.

Personally, I'd rather see a death by stoning. Let the Iraqi citizens have a go at him. They've earned it IMO.

85Sooner
11/5/2006, 12:53 PM

I will pay for that.

Scott D
11/5/2006, 01:57 PM
I just hope the Iraquees dont model the US system and let Saddam stay in prison for 15 years before his time on the gallows. He is kinda old and could pass away before, which would leave me very unsatisfied.

nah..Iraqi law...they have basically 1 month to get the appeal filed....appeal process could take up to 3-4 months. If verdict isn't overturned, it gets carried out within 30 days of the appeal verdict. So at most, he has 6 months to live.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/5/2006, 02:05 PM
nah..Iraqi law...they have basically 1 month to get the appeal filed....appeal process could take up to 3-4 months. If verdict isn't overturned, it gets carried out within 30 days of the appeal verdict. So at most, he has 6 months to live.

And we invaded them to fix their system.....

Frozen Sooner
11/5/2006, 02:10 PM
I'm generally opposed tp capital punishment, but in Saddam's case, since we previously tried mightily to execute him by bomb and/or missile but he was always too sneaky...I wish they would let the USAF carry out the sentence.

Just stake him out on the desert somewhere, preferably near one of the mass graves he filled with dead Kurds, then a ground controller could light him up with a target designator, followed by a flight of two F-16's dropping laser guided 1000 pounders.

It would make great TV too. Especially if done at night. They could floodlight Saddam tied to his stake, then when the bombs struck, it would be all fireworks-y. Especially if they filled his pockets with C-4. The resultant secondary explosions would be very cool.

Given the amount of money we've already spent to get this result, I'm kind of happy that we're using something recyclable to get rid of him. ;)

Mongo
11/5/2006, 02:13 PM
And we invaded them to fix their system.....

Good point, we as Americans need to step up the efficiency of our death penalty carry-outedness.

Scott D
11/5/2006, 02:16 PM
Good point, we as Americans need to step up the efficiency of our death penalty carry-outedness.

make lawyering akin to politics....there can only be x amount of lawyers in y amount of territory based on z amount of population.

Frozen Sooner
11/5/2006, 02:22 PM
Given the fact that the wrong guy is often given the death penalty, I kind of like our appeals process for people on death row. I have a feeling that the amount of misconviction has something to do with Homey's stance on capital punishment as well. Way too many death row convictions result from eye-witness testimony that is later found to be far less than credible.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/5/2006, 02:26 PM
I don't if we kill somebody and they didn't do it...we send a Hallmark card to his wife and Mom that says "so Sorry!"

Mongo
11/5/2006, 02:50 PM
The only way the death penalty needs to be carried out is with:
1) there is an eyewitness to said murder,
2) DNA confirmation that the perp did it,
3) repeat rapists,
4) Child molesters
5) Longwhorn fan

critical_phil
11/5/2006, 03:03 PM
and not necessarily in that order.....

Mongo
11/5/2006, 03:07 PM
and not necessarily in that order.....

4 and 5 are interchangable:D

Okla-homey
11/5/2006, 03:07 PM
Better ten guilty men go free than to execute an innocent man.

GottaHavePride
11/5/2006, 03:25 PM
I don't think we have to worry about that one with Saddam.

Besides, we're not executing him. Iraqis are.

Frozen Sooner
11/5/2006, 03:27 PM

I find your views intriguing, and wish to subscribe to your pamphlet.

usmc-sooner
11/5/2006, 03:30 PM

hell man it's only people, it's not like they're won't be more.

StoopTroup
11/5/2006, 03:36 PM
Why aren't they going with the public stoning?

usmc-sooner
11/5/2006, 03:40 PM
Why aren't they going with the public stoning?

how bout we fill him full of Kidney stones before he goes.

Zbird
11/5/2006, 03:43 PM
No one finds it interesting the timing of this sentencing (3 days before US elections) when massive uproar and killings (Sunni- Shiite conflicts)are predicted to follow closely?

The sentencing was delayed once. I just think the timing is really suspect.

StoopTroup
11/5/2006, 03:58 PM
how bout we fill him full of Kidney stones before he goes.
That might just be cruel enough...LMAO.

Rogue
11/5/2006, 04:01 PM
I agree with Homey and believe in life w/o parole for most criminals.
Mongo's pamphlet may be more intriguing though. :D

That said, if a victim's family kills someone like McVeigh on the courthouse steps, I say let 'em walk. Killin' is for the common folk, not the gubmint.

Rogue
11/5/2006, 04:02 PM
No one finds it interesting the timing of this sentencing (3 days before US elections) when massive uproar and killings (Sunni- Shiite conflicts)are predicted to follow closely?

Man, when you give voice to the private paranoid thoughts of Rogue it's prolly time to get some help. ;)

Frozen Sooner
11/5/2006, 04:07 PM

I don't think either US party would try to engineer that, simply because it's too hard to gauge how the public would respond to a huge increase in violence in Iraq. It's already pretty bad over there right now-a huge upswing in violence might have the effect of rallying support for the administration or it might make people think "We gotta get our guys out of that mess."

sooneron
11/5/2006, 04:20 PM
Let him choose his method of death ala....

http://www.jadeland.com.hk/pic/spork.jpg

Rogue
11/5/2006, 04:22 PM
Spork him 'til 'e pukes!

soonerboomer93
11/5/2006, 07:53 PM
make him eat beans until he assplodes?

(eh, i got nutthin)

49r
11/6/2006, 05:40 PM
http://www.deathbyspork.com/

TexasSooner01
11/6/2006, 05:42 PM

Heh.:D

49r
11/6/2006, 05:42 PM
http://roundonline.com/images/peri/josh/003_00.jpg

TexasSooner01
11/6/2006, 05:48 PM
They could always tie him up to about 20-30 different horses and scare them all at once!

C&CDean
11/6/2006, 08:24 PM
Given the fact that the wrong guy is often given the death penalty, I kind of like our appeals process for people on death row. I have a feeling that the amount of misconviction has something to do with Homey's stance on capital punishment as well. Way too many death row convictions result from eye-witness testimony that is later found to be far less than credible.

Timeout. You're way smarter than this Froze. "Given the fact that the wrong guy is often given the death penalty?????" "Way too many death row convictions result from eye-witness....." Are you ****ing kidding me? Maybe in Eskimo land, but down here in hillbillyville, I'm thinking that the guy we fry is pretty much the right guy. Dude, be careful how you use the word "often." Have "innocent" (and by "innocent" I mean maybe a guy who didn't actually kill the person he was convicted of) been executed? I suppose. But please don't insult our intelligence by trying to say that "a whole ****pot of innocent people get offed via our death penalty." Cause that's plain stupid.

And Saddam? **** him. I literally do not care. Hang him, shoot him, choke him, **** him to death. It won't mean a thing to me. And if any single one of you (yes you) thinks this decision is somewhow the brainiac idea of a bunch of Bush cronies just to get the ignorant masses voting "R" then you're dumber than I thought.

Scott D
11/6/2006, 08:32 PM
And Saddam? **** him. I literally do not care. Hang him, shoot him, choke him, **** him to death. It won't mean a thing to me. And if any single one of you (yes you) thinks this decision is somewhow the brainiac idea of a bunch of Bush cronies just to get the ignorant masses voting "R" then you're dumber than I thought.

no, the verdict timing is a slick ploy by women to get your *** in the kitchen to make some grub.

C&CDean
11/6/2006, 08:35 PM
no, the verdict timing is a slick ploy by women to get your *** in the kitchen to make some grub.

This I'll buy. It's way more plausible than the whole "looky at the Republicans getting Saddam sentenced just in time to steal another election."

And **** them bitches. If it doesn't involve the grill or the smoker, it's chick work.

C&CDean
11/6/2006, 08:35 PM
BTW, where is your Walking Underwear avatar?

Scott D
11/6/2006, 08:38 PM
dude, that is Walking Underwear in my avatar....why you got hate for old school 80s Cardinal photos.

C&CDean
11/6/2006, 08:41 PM
Dude, "80's Cardinals" are not "old school." Dizzy Dean. Stan the Man. And I'll even give you Curt Flood, Lou Brock, Gibby, and Orlando Cepeda.

william_brasky
11/6/2006, 08:45 PM
Did anyone get the death by Bunga Bunga reference?

C&CDean
11/6/2006, 08:49 PM
Dude, it's "ugga bugga." Geez.

william_brasky
11/6/2006, 08:57 PM
Dude, it's "ugga bugga." Geez.

So you're the expert? :D

C&CDean
11/6/2006, 08:58 PM
Yeah. Bend over.

Scott D
11/6/2006, 09:08 PM
Dude, "80's Cardinals" are not "old school." Dizzy Dean. Stan the Man. And I'll even give you Curt Flood, Lou Brock, Gibby, and Orlando Cepeda.

why you gotta hate Red Schoendist?

C&CDean
11/6/2006, 09:30 PM
why you gotta hate Red Schoendist?

I hate him cause he's a honky.

C&CDean
11/6/2006, 09:31 PM
A dead honky at that.

Scott D
11/6/2006, 09:33 PM
I'd hate to see what you think of Rogers Hornsby.

C&CDean
11/6/2006, 09:34 PM
If I ever had a gay son, I'd so name him "Rogers."

Scott D
11/6/2006, 09:37 PM
If I ever had a gay son, I'd so name him "Rogers."

and you call yourself a Cardinals fan...the shame..the shame.

C&CDean
11/6/2006, 09:43 PM
Dude, at least I wouldn't name my gay son "Hornsby."

And Red was my favorite Cardinal coach of all time.

Wanna know how I became a Cardinal fan? Same year I became a Sooner fan. Fourth grade. Miss Creveling had already turned me on to Bud Wilkinson's Sooners, and then she gave me the book "From Ghetto to Glory" by Bob Gibson. I still have it somewhere up in the attic. It was all around the time Gibby and the Cards were facing Stottlemyre and the Yanks and Lolich and the Tigers (late 60's?) in the World Series. What's not to love about a pitcher who carries a 1.12 ERA into the Series, and then hits a couple dingers during the deal. Gibson was a rock.

royalfan5
11/6/2006, 09:51 PM
Gibson might be the best athlete ever to come out of Omaha.

StoopTroup
11/6/2006, 10:00 PM
Tulsa County Library doesn't have it.

I'd like to read that.

closest I can find is Muskogee.

Library Finder (http://www.worldcatlibraries.org/oclc/449674&tab=holdings&loc=74135&start_holding=1#tabs)

Amazon didn't have it either...

Hmmmm....

EBAY....

Scott D
11/6/2006, 10:06 PM
Dude, at least I wouldn't name my gay son "Hornsby."

And Red was my favorite Cardinal coach of all time.

Wanna know how I became a Cardinal fan? Same year I became a Sooner fan. Fourth grade. Miss Creveling had already turned me on to Bud Wilkinson's Sooners, and then she gave me the book "From Ghetto to Glory" by Bob Gibson. I still have it somewhere up in the attic. It was all around the time Gibby and the Cards were facing Stottlemyre and the Yanks and Lolich and the Tigers (late 60's?) in the World Series. What's not to love about a pitcher who carries a 1.12 ERA into the Series, and then hits a couple dingers during the deal. Gibson was a rock.

Gibson would be ejected regularly in today's game for beaning the showboats that bat.

C&CDean
11/6/2006, 10:09 PM
Gibson would be ejected regularly in today's game for beaning the showboats that bat.

Heh. He goes into some detail about how the inside half of the plate belongs to him and hitting a guy in the face with a 95 mile-per-hour pitch is the batter's fault for hanging his face out over my half of the plate. What a competitor. 1.12. Are you freaking kidding me?

royalfan5
11/6/2006, 10:13 PM
Heh. He goes into some detail about how the inside half of the plate belongs to him and hitting a guy in the face with a 95 mile-per-hour pitch is the batter's fault for hanging his face out over my half of the plate. What a competitor. 1.12. Are you freaking kidding me?
Plus, they pretty much lowered the mound because of him. He was a great basketball player too.

C&CDean
11/6/2006, 10:14 PM
Creighton. I think he was AA in basketball?

Scott D
11/6/2006, 10:21 PM

well when he got his 1.12, a 2.85 was considered on the high side.

royalfan5
11/6/2006, 10:24 PM
Creighton. I think he was AA in basketball?
I don't know if he was for sure, but he played a year with the Globetrotters before playing baseball full time.

StoopTroup
11/6/2006, 10:26 PM
Found a few on Ebay.

One Library hardcover...9th edition = $29.99 = 4.10 ship.

Paperbacks going for around 10-11 w/ shipping.

I'm partial to free unless I can find a 1st edition.

Frozen Sooner
11/6/2006, 10:33 PM
Timeout. You're way smarter than this Froze. "Given the fact that the wrong guy is often given the death penalty?????" "Way too many death row convictions result from eye-witness....." Are you ****ing kidding me? Maybe in Eskimo land, but down here in hillbillyville, I'm thinking that the guy we fry is pretty much the right guy. Dude, be careful how you use the word "often." Have "innocent" (and by "innocent" I mean maybe a guy who didn't actually kill the person he was convicted of) been executed? I suppose. But please don't insult our intelligence by trying to say that "a whole ****pot of innocent people get offed via our death penalty." Cause that's plain stupid.

Reread what I actually wrote, not what you read.

C&CDean
11/7/2006, 08:19 AM
Reread what I actually wrote, not what you read.

?? I copied your quote. Verbatem. Did I expound a little? Sure.

I realize your point wasn't so much about all the "innocent" people we're executing, but you used that little pile of stank to make your point.

And the days of "Billy Joe done saw him shoot the guy so he must hang" are pretty much gone now. And anyhow, in Saddam's case, who cares? If ever a person deserved to swing by the neck it's Saddam. I don't think anybody could logically argue against it.

sanantoniosooner
11/7/2006, 08:45 AM
If ever a person deserved to swing by the neck it's Saddam. I don't think anybody could logically argue against it.
Only in favor of something that takes longer and inflicts more pain.

Like reading the football board.

C&CDean
11/7/2006, 09:11 AM
Only in favor of something that takes longer and inflicts more pain.

Like reading the football board.

I don't know. That's pretty much cruel and unusual punishment in my book.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/7/2006, 09:54 AM
I did find out Stoops is a ****ty coach on the football board..plus Venables and Wilson are by far the worst coaches. Every week...we will be lucky to win anymore games

49r
11/7/2006, 10:37 AM
...just to get the ignorant masses voting "R" then you're dumber than I thought.

Well, it sure as hell won't hurt.

Frozen Sooner
11/7/2006, 10:37 AM
?? I copied your quote. Verbatem. Did I expound a little? Sure.

I realize your point wasn't so much about all the "innocent" people we're executing, but you used that little pile of stank to make your point.

And the days of "Billy Joe done saw him shoot the guy so he must hang" are pretty much gone now. And anyhow, in Saddam's case, who cares? If ever a person deserved to swing by the neck it's Saddam. I don't think anybody could logically argue against it.

You made the leap from me saying that way too many people get convicted on faulty testimony to me saying that way too many people get actually executed. I think you might be surprised exactly how many murder cases turn on just the kind of evidence you just cited.

The reason I like our system of appeals is that, hopefully, the convictions that should be overturned are overturned.

Absolutely Saddam Hussein deserves the death penalty. There's indisputable evidence that he was practicing genocide.