PDA

View Full Version : Congrats, Sooners

MRNOTDUCKS
11/5/2006, 02:35 AM
We didn't get the win, but it was a good football game. I'm proud of the Ags. They've been taking a lot of flack for the soft schedule, but they gave OU a good game.

My ears are still ringing, the stadium was so loud. OU fans around me were commenting on the noise, and the old Sooner in front of me was sitting down with his hands on his ears. lol All of the OU fans around me were great, definitely classy fans. But I knew that from previous games. Refreshing to see that's it's still that way.

I have to give credit to OU's offensive line, because their play early in the game gave you all the points you needed to win. We shut the run down in the second half, and Thompson was forced to try to beat us with the pass. But the damage had already been done.

I felt like we could move the ball pretty easily against the vaunted Sooner D, but when we got in the red zone, I felt the play calling was suspect.

I think the better team won the ballgame, and the bad thing about it is that I don't think the Sooners gave us their best game. But they played well enough in the most hostile stadium in the Big 12. I give them credit.

This loss definitely doesn't hurt as bad as the texas tech loss, and I think we bounce back and take it to Nebraska next week.

Gig 'em

Widescreen
11/5/2006, 02:46 AM
Thanks, Ducks. Goodson looks like he's gonna be another great one.

StoopTroup
11/5/2006, 02:50 AM
I think Nebbishka will win by 6 in College Station.

I think they are improving and want to take the North pretty badly.

Either way...it should be a good one to watch.

SicEmBaylor
11/5/2006, 03:18 AM
You had me at, "we didn't get the win..."

BIG_IKE
11/5/2006, 03:51 AM
You had me at, "we didn't win..."
:D *DEAD*

bdp514
11/5/2006, 04:12 AM
Congrats for a well played games sooners. And thanks to two OU students from this Aggie. My Mom was driving down with her sister to meet the rest of the family in College Station for the game. They had a flat tire on hwy 6 just outside of Hearne and two OU students stopped and changed their tire. The guys wouldn't accept payment from them. All she got were their first names, Bruce and Tom - but on the chance they frequent this board thanks guys from a grateful Aggie and way to represent your university.

Rogue
11/5/2006, 08:42 AM
Thanks MRND, decent perspective.

And as for bdp514, helluva first post, man! C'mon back around sometime.

BoonesFarmSooner
11/5/2006, 08:45 AM
Nice post, Ducks... You and MAC94 are two of the good aggies on our board.

Good Luck next week against Callahan. I know I'll be pulling for you guys in that one!

NYaggie
11/5/2006, 08:45 AM
Sorry for the lateness of this (had to drink myself into a stupor after that game) but congrats on the win. I can only wonder what it's like to have a coach with balls. Instead, we have the most overpaid, gutless, nasal, wine and chesse coach in America. We are dumbasses for paying 2 million for a certified dumbass.

jacru
11/5/2006, 08:47 AM
I think the better team won the ballgame, and the bad thing about it is that I don't think the Sooners gave us their best game. But they played well enough in the most hostile stadium in the Big 12. I give them credit.

I concur.

LoyalFan
11/5/2006, 08:50 AM
I felt like we could move the ball pretty easily against the vaunted Sooner D, IGig 'em

It must be so nice to be vaunted. I vaunt to be vaunted too.
Maybe that special someone vill come along...sigh.

Ahem...thanks for the great and complimentary post, MND.
Win 'em all from now on...this season, that is.

LoyalFan

soonerloyal
11/5/2006, 08:53 AM
I'm always impressed with the loyalty & tradition held aloft by the students and fans of aTm. Besides, any team that hates uterus u is welcome in my house. And frankly, I used to love watching RC coach. He didn't get near enough credit at times.

Y'all deserve a better coach than Franchyboy. Good luck in the rest of your season, and we'll see y'all next year!

MamaMia
11/5/2006, 09:21 AM
Thanks. Good luck in your game against Nebraska. :)

sooneron
11/5/2006, 09:57 AM
Thanks ags. Another great game in CS!

birddog
11/5/2006, 10:30 AM
LIB MR DUCKS

classy post.

Funky G
11/5/2006, 11:22 AM
Sorry for the lateness of this (had to drink myself into a stupor after that game) but congrats on the win. I can only wonder what it's like to have a coach with balls. Instead, we have the most overpaid, gutless, nasal, wine and chesse coach in America. We are dumbasses for paying 2 million for a certified dumbass.

If Jaworski (sp?) Lane and Michael Goodson played for OU, Goodson would win the Hesiman. Lane at FB, Goodson at HB, and 2000 yds later Goodson would be hugging Stoops and interviewing with the idiot Corso at the Downtown Athletic Club. Your coach is an idiot. A&M played the 2nd half to win and Fran kept them from it. He needs to go back to the minor leagues, Pittsburgh State, or wherever, and take his gimmick option offense with him. Not pounding the big boy on 3rd and goal from the 2 yd line 2 times was ridiculous. Every Sooner fan knew it was coming, and we were dreading it. If he scores there, our QB was having a horrible night throwing the football, thereby making a comeback a very difficult task. I'll take the win, in college football's loudest venue, but if OU wants to win out, PT needs to shake off the road game jitters.

Congrats on a good game. Beat Texas. Please.

Sooner in Dallas.

JohnnyMack
11/5/2006, 11:30 AM
Not pounding the big boy on 3rd and goal from the 2 yd line 2 times was ridiculous. Every Sooner fan knew it was coming, and we were dreading it.

They had a nice shot of Lane from the end zone right before the 3rd down play. His helmet was all scarred up, uniform was dirty as hell and he had this focused stare as he put in his mouthpiece. I must admit I didn't think we could stop him two straight plays. Thank God Fran is still that guys coach.

MRNOTDUCKS
11/5/2006, 05:36 PM
Evidently, Lane exploded on Fran on the sideline when he took him out on that play. It seems like Fran might be losing the players.

ruf/nekdad
11/5/2006, 07:23 PM
LIB MR DUCKS

classy post.

LIB heh.
C M Wangs.

KingDavid
11/6/2006, 01:05 AM
Thanks mrnd.

StoopTroup
11/6/2006, 01:09 AM
Congrats for a well played games sooners. And thanks to two OU students from this Aggie. My Mom was driving down with her sister to meet the rest of the family in College Station for the game. They had a flat tire on hwy 6 just outside of Hearne and two OU students stopped and changed their tire. The guys wouldn't accept payment from them. All she got were their first names, Bruce and Tom - but on the chance they frequent this board thanks guys from a grateful Aggie and way to represent your university.
I wonder if Bruce and Tom is some sort of code for "Thanks Yermom and Dolemite!" ;)

L.J.TX Sooner
11/6/2006, 09:30 AM
My wife and I had a great time in CS. That place is great! Freebirds rocks!

We can all unite in our hatred of tu.

TexasLidig8r
11/6/2006, 10:05 AM
www.keepfran.com (http://www.keepfran.com)

I gotta reserve that name.

:D

Aggie's Revenge
11/6/2006, 10:47 AM
Definately an excellent game for both sides. OU's defense has really stepped up lately. I honestly believe if they had been at this level in September the t-sips would be sitting on 2 losses.

The difference in coaching philosphy really showed through in the 4th quarter. Fran played it safe and played not to loose. Stoops played to win and knew when to stick the knife in for the death blow. Fran just doesn't have the killer instinct IMO.

Good game Sooners, good luck against TTU. (at least I can pull for you guys in that game.)

caphorns
11/6/2006, 11:23 AM
I remember when you guys hated agginess and thought CS was a dump. When was that? Last week?

I have no problem with the Ags latest tradition - November is officially moral victories only month. Good job Sooners.

picasso
11/6/2006, 11:30 AM
I remember when you guys hated agginess and thought CS was a dump. When was that? Last week?

I have no problem with the Ags latest tradition - November is officially moral victories only month. Good job Sooners.
check the other threads. this one is lovey.

Mac94
11/6/2006, 11:33 AM
Another great game in Kyle Field ... you gotta love Bob Stoops coaching ... the man plays to win games.

Here's to an 10-2* (*11-1) Oklahoma Squad! If that happens, Stoops has to be Big-12 coach of the year.

Aggie's Revenge
11/6/2006, 11:43 AM
What? I thought GuyMo was up for Big12 Coach of the year!

OklahomaRed
11/6/2006, 01:02 PM
All I can say? Beat texass!!! Thanks for the posts. O.U.'s offense did struggle in the 2nd half, but a win is a win. :cool: Our deffense is becoming the focus of the game.

Sooners through thick and thin !

SoonerJLB
11/6/2006, 01:35 PM
to drop by and congratulate the Sooners and Bob Stoops balls in the OU victory. :) It was a good hard fought game on both sides. Please start another TexAg thread about Fran's hairstyles...that was hillarious.