PDA

View Full Version : I need digital camera help!

SCOUT
11/5/2006, 02:20 AM
My 4 year old fiddled with my camera in a combination of button pushes that deleted the pictures on my compact flash card. While I realize my mistake in letting her "take pictures," I would really like to have the photos she deleted back.

Does anyone know of a way I could get those pictures back?

critical_phil
11/5/2006, 02:22 AM
don't let your 4 year old play with 'lectronics.

yw.

sanantoniosooner
11/5/2006, 02:25 AM
Seiance

VeeJay
11/5/2006, 10:23 AM
Digital cameras usually ask if you're sure you want to delete (then you have to push a specific button to confirm).

You sure she didn't know what she was doin'?

mrowl
11/5/2006, 10:26 AM
did you check the flash card in a reader? and not the camera? just to confirm it....

and if they are gone, screwed you are.

skycat
11/5/2006, 04:57 PM
Wait!!! You're not screwed. Just don't take any more pictures with it.

If the photos appear gone, download some photo recovery software, like this (http://www.cardrecovery.com/?rid=google&kid=cr0104) and follow the directions to get your photos back.

I think you can probably find some software that's free somewhere.

skycat
11/5/2006, 04:59 PM
Here's a page of other options from download.com:

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?tg=dl-2001&qt=photo%20recovery%20software&tag=srch

SCOUT
11/5/2006, 10:13 PM
Thank you skycat!

The only freeware operated from the C prompt and didn't seem to work. However, the free trial of cardrecovery showed all of my deleted pictures. I went ahead and bought it because some of my daughters Halloween pictures were still on there.

It worked like a charm. It even brought back a bunch of pictures that had been deleted over the past year or so. I didn't really need them, but that card has been formated about 50 times since some of those pictures were taken.

Anyway, if anyone accidently deletes pictures from their compact flash card, cardrecovery works great.

SCOUT
11/5/2006, 10:14 PM
Digital cameras usually ask if you're sure you want to delete (then you have to push a specific button to confirm).

You sure she didn't know what she was doin'?

I am not entirely sure it was an accident :) My camera uses the same button for all selections so it is defintely possible.

skycat
11/5/2006, 11:14 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty great.

Seriously though, I'm glad it worked out for you.