PDA

View Full Version : Stoops performance this year...

TexasIsOUsBtch
11/5/2006, 01:22 AM
I personally feel that this is quite possibly the best coaching job of his career. Before the season started, when that one guy was still our qb, the local media was picking us to go 10-2... When we lost that guy, they said we'd be fortunate to win 8 games.... When AD went down, we were pegged losers on the road at Columbia and College Station.... Now here we sit, 7-2*, (8-1, really) with all winnable games left... I always thought Bob put it on auto-pilot after 2000, but he has definitely taken full control, and has us on a good track....

mightysooner
11/5/2006, 01:24 AM
Considering all we've been through this season, he's coach of the year.

TexasIsOUsBtch
11/5/2006, 01:25 AM
He better be!!

Boomer.....
11/5/2006, 06:08 PM
x2

birddog
11/5/2006, 06:16 PM
the whole staff has done an excellent job adjusting throughout the season. as long as stoops is our coach i'll be a very happy man.

Fraggle145
11/5/2006, 06:16 PM

I'm in full agreement... unfortunately I bet the Wake Forest guy gives him a run for that honor

:pop:

mightysooner
11/5/2006, 06:18 PM
I'm in full agreement... unfortunately I bet the Wake Forest guy gives him a run for that honor

:pop:

Prolly so. But Wake's coach certainly has a valid case. Never thought I'd see that day Wake was 8-1.:eek:

Rogue
11/5/2006, 07:01 PM
Coach Stoops is walking the walk when it comes to integrity.

SicEmBaylor
11/5/2006, 07:20 PM
Heh, we passed up WF's Coach Grobe for Morriss. I still think it was the right decision but considering our early and late season woes combined with WF's success...it has people talking.

birddog
11/5/2006, 07:22 PM
did morriss come from kentucky or something?

SicEmBaylor
11/5/2006, 08:42 PM
did morriss come from kentucky or something?
Yes.

birddog
11/5/2006, 08:47 PM
i kind of like him. he's made you all competitive and with your stud qb coming in, you will continue to improve.

he kind of reminds me of gary busey's character in Black Sheep.

Since71ASooner4Life
11/5/2006, 09:03 PM
Amazing how the crybabies were whining about the coaching after the loss to Texas. That game yesterday was absolutely great. The on-sides kick was vintage Bob Stoops, perfectly timed "take it if it's there" coaching. And the 4th and 0ne from the 29 was the kind of balls-of-steel call that fans of other teams never get the thrill of the experience. What a absolute privledge it is being a Sooners fan! Oh yea, I almost forgot - screw Texas.:D

stoopified
11/6/2006, 12:48 AM
At least Big 12 coach of the year.

tommieharris91
11/6/2006, 02:32 AM
Personally, I think this is his 2nd best year coaching OU. Obviously, his best came in 2000 coming off of a 6-6 campaign.

It'll be even better if we go to a BCS game despite being 10-2*.

tommieharris91
11/6/2006, 02:55 AM
Since I can't start my own thread I might as well post to this thread. (Can I get a little help from a mod please?)

Should Boren, Castiglione, and Stoops start bringing up the Oregon upheaval game again? Right now, the asterisk is costing us a spot in the consensus top 10 and a legitimate shot at a BCS bowl. Because of all of the prestige and the fat paycheck that comes with being able to say we went to a BCS bowl, I think the higher ups in charge of the OU football program should really start reminding the people that vote in polls and run the computers that we are a 1 loss team and not a 2 loss team. We are getting no respect in the polls. The team is improving. Allen Patrick has made people forget ask who AD was. Adrian Peterson is even scheduled to come back and play in the bowl game (I'm not sold on him coming back during the regular season, but that's another rant). There is certainly a very solid case that can be made for OU going to a BCS game, and the BCS people should get to hear that case before they select the teams to play in their games.

SoonerTerry
11/6/2006, 03:12 AM
I really appreciate the integrity he brings. I love seeing OUr team win, but I love it even more knowing Coach Stoops will not keep someone on the team that disgraces the university. (see Dusty)
This and the fact he has the biggest set of stones in the western hemisphere:D

DrZaius
11/6/2006, 07:57 AM
Prolly so. But Wake's coach certainly has a valid case. Never thought I'd see that day Wake was 8-1.:eek:

Are they truly 8-1 or just taking advantage of the rest of the ACC really really sucking!

Wake is playing well. But I am not sure they would be 8-1 if it was not for FSU and The U having the worst seasons in years.

Rogue
11/6/2006, 09:34 AM
Since I can't start my own thread I might as well post to this thread. (Can I get a little help from a mod please?)

Should Boren, Castiglione, and Stoops start bringing up the Oregon upheaval game again? Right now, the asterisk is costing us a spot in the consensus top 10 and a legitimate shot at a BCS bowl. Because of all of the prestige and the fat paycheck that comes with being able to say we went to a BCS bowl, I think the higher ups in charge of the OU football program should really start reminding the people that vote in polls and run the computers that we are a 1 loss team and not a 2 loss team. We are getting no respect in the polls. The team is improving. Allen Patrick has made people forget ask who AD was. Adrian Peterson is even scheduled to come back and play in the bowl game (I'm not sold on him coming back during the regular season, but that's another rant). There is certainly a very solid case that can be made for OU going to a BCS game, and the BCS people should get to hear that case before they select the teams to play in their games.

The case could be made...but it seems a little :mack: -ish to whine/cry your way into a bowl game. Millions of $$ or not.

oumartin
11/6/2006, 09:42 AM
Bob has never been 6-6 at OU. sorry.
I kinda thought bob was not doing his job for the last 2 to 3 years but I would like to say that after the last couple weeks I think I was wrong. I am very much a
Bob fan and always have been and will be and right now He is doing some awesome things for this team

TheHumanAlphabet
11/6/2006, 10:55 AM
Something last week regarding the Cultist game. From his comments of Dead Collie Field to his intensity on the sidelines, he wanted this game and it showed. He out Franned - Fracaphony and he was very agressive in his mindset. Don't know what or why, but it seemed he really wanted to win this game.

I liked the return of the attitude!