PDA

View Full Version : How Lendy Holmes won the game tonight...

Soonerus
11/5/2006, 12:30 AM
....when he ran down Goodson who had escaped fro a sure TD in the first Half, A&M only got a FG saving 4 points....Good job Lendy, and our entire defense....

IronSooner
11/5/2006, 12:31 AM
Lendy got a lot of talk about that play, but did anybody else notice Cory Bennet running his fat self down the field and contributing to that tackle? I thought that was impressive, and a little Tommie-esque.

sooner94
11/5/2006, 12:36 AM
The D was awesome tonight. Guess Venables won't get fired by soonerfan.com posters.

Frozen Sooner
Well, except Tommie would have caught him, eaten him, then crapped out a helmet.

soonerjace
Our defense saved our a$$ tonight ~getting better every game.
imho

Reincarnate
11/5/2006, 12:37 AM
You are so right soonerus, Lendy showed some speed too even tho he had the angle cuz that guy has some jets. After we kept them to a FG, I thought how profound that play might be, and now we see how it was.

rhombic21
11/5/2006, 12:37 AM
Give it up to Curtis Lofton even moreso. His shoestring tackle midway through the fourth quarter saved the game.

mightysooner
11/5/2006, 12:45 AM
Lendy has finally turned the corner at his position I think. He's solid and a good player. Nice to see him come around.

Texas Golfer
11/5/2006, 12:45 AM
Lendy, as well as the entire defense, has been playing extremely well lately!

Soonerus
11/5/2006, 12:46 AM
The entire team, especially D won this game but Lendy personally saved 4 points......

sooneron
11/5/2006, 12:49 AM
I still think Williams' tackle in the 4th on third down was the biggest. It was shades of TRRW.

Reincarnate
11/5/2006, 12:51 AM
I'm just so proud of our D tho, after such a rough start this year they seem to jelling. Playing like they are, I feel there is no team we can't beat given the opportunity. I hope we keep this up and get a major bowl, hopefully an opponent in the top 5.

Soonerus
11/5/2006, 12:52 AM
You guys are right their were too many great plays to single out one guy....

birddog
11/5/2006, 12:53 AM
marcus walker's int was huge too. we had the ball on the 5 and got a field goal out of it, our only points of the 2nd half.

sanantoniosooner
11/5/2006, 12:56 AM
You guys are right their were too many great plays to single out one guy....
13 posts in and you've bailed on your original statement.

You're not even fun to pick on anymore. :D

Soonerus
11/5/2006, 12:58 AM
I just think Lendy"s play was huge but I have the maturity (unlike some, e.g. SAS) to admit their were to many great plays to totally single him out...

sanantoniosooner
11/5/2006, 01:01 AM
I have the maturity to have known that before stating otherwise.

Soonerus
11/5/2006, 01:04 AM
I have the maturity to have known that before stating otherwise.

You know and I know you are full of ****....that is one reason I have way like you....

Frozen Sooner
11/5/2006, 01:05 AM
Lendy's play was phenominal. Really, the defense as a whole played great. We had two busts-and those were the two plays A&M really gashed us on. When you play their offense, your defense has to play perfect assignment football, which is something our defense was AWFUL at earlier in the year.

Now, our defense was turning the option inside-out all game. The DBs were doing a wonderful job of playing solid zones and passing off their men correctly, which allowed us to stay in zone coverage and keep the DBs faces towards the LOS so they could support the run as needed.

Truly, an outstanding effort by the defense. A&M has an offense that puts a LOT of yards out, and we kept them WELL under their average.

sanantoniosooner
11/5/2006, 01:05 AM
The duck is gone.

That should end your cold sweats.

Soonerus
11/5/2006, 01:09 AM
Props for FINALLY losing the Duck sig....about time...

jacru
11/5/2006, 01:11 AM
Our defense saved our a$$ tonight ~getting better every game.
imho
aah... seems like old times.;)

StoopTroup
11/5/2006, 01:12 AM
You two should really quit kicking each other in the crotch.

Oh and as far as Lendy was concerned...he was solid. Lendy is starting to make QBs think about going to the otherside of the field.

Allen Patrick was an animal tonight with 173 yards...FREAKING INCREDIBLE IMO.

Gute was outstanding when we needed him.

The receivers and PT struggled but did enough to get the job done early.

Great Team effort...

2nd half was TOTAL DEFENSE and THEY RULED!

sanantoniosooner
11/5/2006, 01:14 AM
You two should really quit kicking each other in the crotch.

It really is just funny to us Soonerus.

It's a shame no one else gets it.

AzianSooner
11/5/2006, 01:14 AM
Now the defensive team starts to look like the 2003 defensive team. I like Lendy and Nic. They play like scare of no one.

ATM was not even one challenge the secondary with the deep ball or corner.

Soonerus
11/5/2006, 01:20 AM
It really is just funny to us Soonerus.

It's a shame no one else gets it.

It is funny that most, even long-time posters, don't realize many of our comments are made in the spirit of fun...but, who cares.....besides I disagree with most everything you post anyway so it is a natural....

sanantoniosooner
11/5/2006, 01:23 AM
the fact that you struggle with rational thought does make it flow well.

Soonerus
11/5/2006, 01:36 AM
the fact that you struggle with rational thought does make it flow well.

"rational thought" does that exist on this board ????

jwlynn64
11/5/2006, 02:25 AM
Now the defensive team starts to look like the 2003 defensive team. I like Lendy and Nic. They play like scare of no one.

ATM was not even one challenge the secondary with the deep ball or corner.

In my last job, I had to correspond with companies in China quit a bit. AzianSooner, I can verify that your post are, in fact, Asian! ;)

WTF are you saying in your second paragraph?

StoopTroup
11/5/2006, 02:52 AM
It is funny that most, even long-time posters, don't realize many of our comments are made in the spirit of fun...but, who cares.....besides I disagree with most everything you post anyway so it is a natural....
Nice shot BTW...lol.

OU James
11/5/2006, 03:19 AM
Well, except Tommie would have caught him, eaten him, then crapped out a helmet.

post of the night. i got nuthin' (drunk)