PDA

View Full Version : Big Game Bob is Back...

rainiersooner
11/4/2006, 11:43 PM
Discuss.

stoopified
11/4/2006, 11:57 PM
Well at the very least.Bob the RIVERBOAT GAMBLER is back.After we blew the onside kick I though Bob had CRAPPED OUT.ENA got that first by a hair.Course the aTm 12th man call assured us of the win anyhow.I can finally breathe again.

sooneron
11/4/2006, 11:59 PM
I think he puckered when he called the TO as we were getting the 1st down.

OKC-SLC
in.

tbl
I still agree with the onsides. Had 41 hung on to it, that would have been the nail in the coffin. It was nice to see him pull some stuff like that again, even if it didn't work.

OUfan7
11/5/2006, 12:00 AM
Riverboat Bob is back, although he just about killed me when he called timeout with Paul diving over for the first down...Whewwwww!!!

tbl
11/5/2006, 12:01 AM
Definitely. His balloon knot was up near his esophogus and he just couldn't handle it.

Rogue
11/5/2006, 12:23 AM

I watched it with no sound at the bar and it looked like it was designed that way. Run it once, right at the time the coach calls TO to see how aTm is stacking the line. Maybe I'm crazy but it seemed like it could have been deliberate.

Sooner Eclipse
11/5/2006, 12:24 AM
That onsides kick call tells me he is trusting our defense again.

That is always a good thing. The secondary hasn't played this well in several years.

mightysooner
11/5/2006, 12:26 AM
Stoops is fine. Now if we could only get an innovative OC everything would be prefect.....

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/5/2006, 12:26 AM
Going for it on 4th and 3 = faked punt against Alabama.

The balls are back.

Reincarnate
11/5/2006, 12:32 AM
That onsides kick was a great call, when asked on the sidelines he said "it was there".........meaning they wouldn't be expecting it and they weren't. That crazy ball just didn't bounce the right way cuz 3 or our guys had their hands on it.

I think the Coach was having visions of Oregon and decided that he was going to take fate into his own hands and not give the aggies the opportunity for a miracle win. Most coaches probaly would have kicked and probaly would have lost. The "man" is back, hopefully that translates to the rest of team for our remaining games.

IronSooner
11/5/2006, 12:37 AM
I agree with both calls. The onsides was classic Stoops, and like he said, it was there. Both Carter and Williams had a crack at it. Gotta hang on.

I love what he said about the 4th and inches. You have to be able to make inches. If you can't make a couple inches, especially after what we did to them in the first half, you don't deserve to win. Simple as that.

Texas Golfer
11/5/2006, 12:47 AM
I still agree with the onsides. Had 41 hung on to it, that would have been the nail in the coffin. It was nice to see him pull some stuff like that again, even if it didn't work.

I agree. It was ours had he held onto the ball.

BIG_IKE
11/5/2006, 12:59 AM
had we turned the ball over on downs and lost we'd be ripping Stoops. But since we did'nt..what the HELL was Fran thinking??!? And what the HELL was wrong with both QB's tonight?

TUSooner
11/5/2006, 01:00 AM
Riverboat Bob is back, although he just about killed me when he called timeout with Paul diving over for the first down...Whewwwww!!!
After the game Bob took the blame for calling the TO - they wanted to get a look at aTm's D. But I agree with both the onside kick and the going for it at the end.

The on-side kick was there for the taking, but we just didnt get it. The 2 big penalties hurt worse than the kick.

The 4th down go was just pure balls.
You weigh a punt into the wind where aTm wouldn't need that many yards to get in FG range against gaining a yard and locking up the win. And if you can't make a yard when the game is on the line....

I'll say it again - GREAT WIN! BOOMER SOONER

SicEmBaylor
11/5/2006, 01:03 AM
The TO wasn't Stoops losing his nerve if you believe what Stoops said (and I do). He said he wanted a look at the defense.

rainiersooner
11/5/2006, 01:08 AM
I just liked that he made calls that put the outcome in our own hands...we will be the kind of team that wins games or loses them by ourselves: not waiting for replay to go our way, or the opponents to not win. It just seemed like a swagger we haven't had for a while. Great game; great win. Boomer Sooner.

soonerjace
11/5/2006, 01:09 AM
Edge of your seat great college football and the reason I wake up every morning and "THANK GOD I"M A SOONER!!"

AzianSooner
11/5/2006, 01:09 AM
I don't like he second guess about the 4th and inches. I like what he call about short kick because I too think it is geneous. and I also see Bob now envolve with the defense calling with Brent V.

jacru
11/5/2006, 01:18 AM
...The balls are back.
Nuts and guts make a great coach.
It makes the other coach sweat knowing Bob may do anything. I love it!:D
... even though it scares the crap outta me sometimes.;)

Wishboned
11/5/2006, 01:19 AM
And the confidence that Bob had in making both of those calls is going to transfer to the players as well.

I'm starting to see that defensive swagger coming back.

AzianSooner
11/5/2006, 01:20 AM
Nuts and guts make a great coach.
It makes the other coach sweat knowing Bob may do anything. I love it!:D
... even though it scares the crap outta me sometimes.;)

You know ... this risky, unpredictable calling of Bob did scare Mack (of texass) sometime also.