PDA

View Full Version : How many of you in the final minutes of the OU/Aggies game were:

lexsooner
11/4/2006, 11:41 PM
A. Foreseeing us getting screwed again by the refs; and/or
B. Foreseeing us punting and then watching the Aggies march down for the winning FG?

I admit it, I was envisioning both A and B - A after the spot by the refs after the third down play and when the flag flew after the fourth down play; and B before I knew we were going for it on fourth down.

Stoops has titanium steel for cajones. I was really hoping he would go for it because it would moot out scenarios A and B. Thank you Coach Stoops. This fourth down call and the onside kick should put his name back among the big dawgs in college football.

Rocker
11/4/2006, 11:44 PM
Thanks to PT and company for getting the 1st down

sooner518
11/4/2006, 11:44 PM
I was thinking B. I am so thankful Stoops used his grapefruits and went for it. I'd feel better losing the game knowing that we tried to win instead of playing to not lose

sooner13f
11/4/2006, 11:46 PM
I was thinking B. Our D was playing good but I was praying for Stoops to go for it. What a game.

olevetonahill
11/4/2006, 11:49 PM
A if at all
I never worried ;)

Okla-homey
11/4/2006, 11:52 PM
I was considering some nut sqeezing, but thought better of it.

Sco
11/4/2006, 11:53 PM
I had no doubt Bobby would have solid brass balls and go for it. And I had no doubt we'd make it.

And I had no doubt the Aggies would do something to pretty much hand it to us. :D

ouwasp
11/4/2006, 11:53 PM
I figured Stoops would go for it, what with the distance needed being what it was and the wind factor.

What I did was hit the mute so I wouldn't have to listen to inane commentary and mindless howling.

Did Bob tell Fran to beat Texas?

sooneron
11/4/2006, 11:54 PM
I kept picturing the ball rolling out of PT's hands on the exchange. I am forever a pessimist.

tbl
11/4/2006, 11:54 PM
I was thinking C, that we would not get it regardless of if it was the refs or just a bad run. When Stoops called that timeout right before PT got the 1st, I almost crapped myself.

That was the most intense game I've watched in a long time. My heart was literally in my throat and I have a pounding headache now...

Boomer..... Sooner....

zeke
11/4/2006, 11:59 PM
I would say "B" is what I was worried about. Paul Thompson's second effort to get the first down was HUGE!

Great defensive effort tonite. We helped them on their TD drive & I hate to say it, but I'm going to, the refs helped them on the TD drive with the late hit penalty. Bull****z call.

Aggie QB has got to be the cockest kid on the field...to never have done much of anything. I was hoping someone would knock his chin strap up around his nose.

westcoast_sooner
11/5/2006, 12:14 AM
I was honestly shocked that he went for it on 4th. If we can't make 6 inches, then they only have 30 yards, and we have only a one point lead. I figured the 'smart' thing to do was kick it and let our D - which had played well the entire game - stop the Aggies.

IMO, this was a great confidence builder in our O-Line. Aggie ended up shooting themselves in the foot anyway, but we made the 1st and ran out the clock.

Good Call Bob. BTW. Even though the announcers kept referring to the on-sides miss - another good call. Had we got that, we could have likely broken their backs at the beginning, and routed the Aggies.

westcoast_sooner
11/5/2006, 12:19 AM
Aggie QB has got to be the cockest kid on the field...to never have done much of anything. I was hoping someone would knock his chin strap up around his nose.

If he were playing for us, I'd like his fire and enthusiasm. But I agree. I was hoping that Rufus or Birdine would stick a helmet in his chest, drive him into the ground, and let them come out and plant flowers on the spot tomorrow.

But, in the end, he wasn't the Sooner killer he was last year. He's got some skills that I don't really want to see the next couple of years, but we'll be able to handle him.

Although aTm will have a better record this year than last, and Fran will likely stay around, my guess is that he'll end up ruining McGee just like he ruing Reggie McNeal.

mightysooner
11/5/2006, 12:28 AM
It's a nice win and all.......but this game never should have come down to that. Why, with the armada of receivers we have, Kevin Wilson seems to not want to throw the ball escapes me. We could've won by 2 TD's.

southern sooner
11/5/2006, 12:33 AM
I was a little on the B side....but confidence in Stoops

tbl
11/5/2006, 12:34 AM
That cocky kid sure threw a lot of intentional grounding passes. I couldn't believe they let him get away with that so many times. Ultimately they called it ONE TIME. Stinking refs...

Mile High Sooner
11/5/2006, 01:08 AM
I was still ****ed they called Kelly(?) for holding on Patrick's 73 yd td run.

rainiersooner
11/5/2006, 01:13 AM
I was still ****ed they called Kelly(?) for holding on Patrick's 73 yd td run.

Good lord that was a hell of a run. Was it Herbstreit who said "L-3 is spin on your play station." That was hilarious.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/5/2006, 01:45 AM
It's a nice win and all.......but this game never should have come down to that. Why, with the armada of receivers we have, Kevin Wilson seems to not want to throw the ball escapes me. We could've won by 2 TD's.It looked as if Chuck Long was our guest coach for this game.

StoopTroup
11/5/2006, 01:48 AM
I was standing...

and...

I was prepared to throw the empty keg through the TV screen if I had too...

Ash
11/5/2006, 01:49 AM
That cocky kid sure threw a lot of intentional grounding passes. I couldn't believe they let him get away with that so many times. Ultimately they called it ONE TIME. Stinking refs...

This drove my friends and I crazy all game long. It was like the one they called was a long overdue "make up" call. Like "aww sh*t, the kid keeps doin' it, guess we better call one of 'em so we don't look like a complete bunch a asshats"

MamaMia
11/5/2006, 10:06 AM
I'm always uncomfortable about timeouts during the last minutes of the game, because it gives the refs extra time to think of a sneaky way to screw us. ;)

Flagstaffsooner
11/5/2006, 10:56 AM
I'm always uncomfortable about timeouts during the last minutes of the game, because it gives the refs extra time to think of a sneaky way to screw us. ;)YMSSRA

Funky G
11/5/2006, 11:26 AM
I thought we would SURELY jump offsides on the 4th down. Thank you for not jumping OL. Now, for a little payback to Tech.