PDA

View Full Version : Congrats!

SicEmBaylor
11/4/2006, 11:30 PM
Way to beat the hell out of the fAggies!
Watching Stoops out coach the hell out of Fran in the 4th quarter and on that final series was an absolute thing of beauty.

Definitely the bright spot in an otherwise gloomy day.

bixby28
11/4/2006, 11:47 PM
The defense stopped a very dangerous offense tonight, in a very unwelcoming atmosphere. They are officially a bunch of studs. Coach Stoops and his staff called a great game and proved they are also, officially, a bunch of studs.

This was a huge win.

tbl
11/4/2006, 11:49 PM
I would most definitely not call that "beating the hell out of them". We narrowly escaped giving the game to them. That first half (in particular the 1st qtr) was a clinic on O-line and the run game. After that, it just kinda fell apart.

SicEmBaylor
11/4/2006, 11:54 PM
I would most definitely not call that "beating the hell out of them". We narrowly escaped giving the game to them. That first half (in particular the 1st qtr) was a clinic on O-line and the run game. After that, it just kinda fell apart.

Perhaps you are right, but where I come from any win is "beating the hell" out of your opponent. Congrats on the win, be happy with it.

tbl
11/4/2006, 11:56 PM
Oh I am... I'm more relieved than anything. Any more of that and I'd have had an aneurysm.

westcoast_sooner
11/5/2006, 12:24 AM

I thought it was just more a case of Aggie adjusting their D-Line and Linebacker play. Plus, we were just conservative in our gameplan. Run, Run, Run. We never really got much out of the passing game, and really never even really tried.

We'll have to do better than that against TT, Baylor and gumby's aggie-lite.

Texas Golfer
11/5/2006, 12:28 AM
Thanks, Baylor buddy. Maybe I'll see you at the game in a couple of weeks.

Rogue
11/5/2006, 12:32 AM
Man, there at the end of the 1st, beginning of the 2nd quarter those penalties really turned the momentum. Otherwise it was about to be over early.

SicEmBaylor
11/5/2006, 12:58 AM
Thanks, Baylor buddy. Maybe I'll see you at the game in a couple of weeks.

You should. I think Dean is setting up the tailgate at the Baylor game so I'll stop by there.

I haven't made it to a game on time this entire season usually getting there in the middle of the of the 1st quarter which is really too bad because there was some pretty good tailgating going on at the TCU/Aggie game. Probably won't be that great at the OU game considering how things are going....

mightysooner
11/5/2006, 01:00 AM
Big win. Venables, whom I've admittedly been a big critic of, deserve full kudos for the turn around job he has implemented with that defense. Respect.

pb4ou
11/5/2006, 01:26 AM
You should. I think Dean is setting up the tailgate at the Baylor game so I'll stop by there.

I haven't made it to a game on time this entire season usually getting there in the middle of the of the 1st quarter which is really too bad because there was some pretty good tailgating going on at the TCU/Aggie game. Probably won't be that great at the OU game considering how things are going....

I bet there for that one. :D

StoopTroup
11/5/2006, 01:49 AM
Way to beat the hell out of the fAggies!
Watching Stoops out coach the hell out of Fran in the 4th quarter and on that final series was an absolute thing of beauty.

Definitely the bright spot in an otherwise gloomy day.
Yeah it was great ...thanks.

Sorry your team didn't fair better.

Leach's Circus is dangerous...

I hope we can shut them down...

jacru
11/5/2006, 08:37 AM
... We never really got much out of the passing game, and really never even really tried.

We'll have to do better than that against TT, Baylor and gumby's aggie-lite.
It wpuld have been a walk in the park had the passing game been there. It's our own fault - drops and bad throws, not good aggie D.:mad:
But, as always, a W is a W!