PDA

View Full Version : 12th Man strikes again...

Ruuuuuufus
11/4/2006, 11:29 PM
I realize that in the end it didn't matter anyway, but damn... I'm still laughing about the 12 men on the field. Ah, the irony is dripping. The definition of aggie right there.

jk the sooner fan
11/4/2006, 11:31 PM
it is pretty funny

"home of the 12th Man"

why thank you! :)

that was a GREAT win

Sooner Eclipse
11/4/2006, 11:31 PM
Best aggie joke EVAR:D

GottaHavePride
11/4/2006, 11:32 PM
Even the 12th Man can't stop us!

bixby28
11/4/2006, 11:32 PM
Yeah, A&M tried to take a dirty advantage, but they STILL LOST! Way to go running game, as well.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/4/2006, 11:34 PM
Word, The new ATM logo needs to be the signal for illegal particpation. I can't wait for the fark threads on this one.

Great win!

Ruuuuuufus
you'd think you could figure out wtf you are doing after 2 timeouts

noose7699
reminds me of a couple of 12 man incidents in 2000 that the Stoops brothers snuffed out when the ref just happened to not notice.. :) thanks for the win, 12th man. :)

zeke
11/4/2006, 11:36 PM
12th man...how great is that!

How is it we get called for taunting & aggie QB does it several times? What a cocky prick.

Okla-homey
11/4/2006, 11:40 PM
and their only TD was thanks to the onside kick and 30 yds worth of penalty yards.

Franchione...still winless against Stoops. heh.

BTW, what do they do with those towels when they lose? Do they build a bonfire or just toss them?

sooner518
11/4/2006, 11:41 PM
Does anyone know why they have the cadets there? I seriously have no idea. Are they ROTC or what? Or are they just some weird aTm security force?

lexsooner
11/4/2006, 11:47 PM
Does anyone know why they have the cadets there? I seriously have no idea. Are they ROTC or what? Or are they just some weird aTm security force?

They are a paramilitary cult affiliated with the university, not the ROTC. Unless a cadet corps member joins the ROTC separately or otherwise commits to future military service on his own, a cadet corps member has no military obligation after graduation. Most have merely played soldier for four or five years.

Maybe one of those burr heads put on a football uniform and sneaked onto the field to help out, hoping he could start a new tradition and lore, since the school is big into ghey jarhead rituals and traditions.

Okla-homey
11/4/2006, 11:50 PM
For the record, that collie graveyard dealio facing the exterior stadium scoreboard is just...bizarre.:eek:

Sco
11/4/2006, 11:51 PM
Best. Penalty. Ever.

lexsooner
11/4/2006, 11:53 PM
and their only TD was thanks to the onside kick and 30 yds worth of penalty yards.

Franchione...still winless against Stoops. heh.

BTW, what do they do with those towels when they lose? Do they build a bonfire or just toss them?

Homey, it is a well-established tradition that after an Aggie loss, the upperclass cadets take the towels and wet them and smack the behinds of underclassmen in the corp as the underclassmen thank the upperclassmen and ask for more punishment. The corps is bursting with traditions like this, which is why we all admire them so much. ;)

Fraggle145
11/4/2006, 11:54 PM
12th man my ***!! **** the fAggies!!

TWChad
11/4/2006, 11:55 PM
I should probably put it on the fark board too.

http://members.cox.net/twchad/13thman.gif

AzianSooner
11/5/2006, 12:00 AM
didn't the underclass cadets have to bend over?

OUinFLA
11/5/2006, 12:02 AM
In hindsight, the evil side of me was hoping Paul did not make the 1st down and the penalty gave us the game. Fran would have been run out of town TONITE!!

heh, from texags:

Wonder how many for sale signs will be in Fran's front yard tomorrow mornings?

soonerjace
11/5/2006, 12:03 AM
12th man...how great is that!

How is it we get called for taunting & aggie QB does it several times? What a cocky prick.
Also the "late hit" I just want the zebras to show some consistency going both ways:hot:

tbl
11/5/2006, 12:04 AM
I was in a sports bar and didn't have audio. Was that the last penalty on Pauls 4th down conversion run? I thought it was an offsides...

westcoast_sooner
11/5/2006, 12:04 AM
For the record, that collie graveyard dealio facing the exterior stadium scoreboard is just...bizarre.:eek:

I lived in Houston, had an in-law and her husband that were both Aggies. I always thought that they were just crazy. I'm thinking now that they should just rename the place something like College Station School for the Clinically Insane. But it would be too hard to get all that on the side of a football helmet.

Mongo
11/5/2006, 12:10 AM
I was in a sports bar and didn't have audio. Was that the last penalty on Pauls 4th down conversion run? I thought it was an offsides...
Illegal participation...TWELVE MEN ON THE FIELD!!!:D :D :D

Sooner_Bob
11/5/2006, 12:11 AM

My wife was asking the exact same thing . . . made no sense at all. But Herbie loved the call anyway (as inconsistent as it was).

tbl
11/5/2006, 12:11 AM
Oh man that's rich. That would have been CLASSIC if they had stuffed us and that gave us the first.

Okla-homey
11/5/2006, 12:20 AM
I lived in Houston, had an in-law and her husband that were both Aggies. I always thought that they were just crazy. I'm thinking now that they should just rename the place something like College Station School for the Clinically Insane. But it would be too hard to get all that on the side of a football helmet.

Did you hear the spiel about Lassie going to class with the Lassie temple virgin sophomore? Apparently, if Lassie barks in class, the prof has to halt his lecture and cancel class. I wonder what they do if she drops a deuce? Cancel finals?

SoonerDood
11/5/2006, 12:23 AM
ULTIMATE IRONY
rofl

Texas Golfer
11/5/2006, 12:48 AM
I realize that in the end it didn't matter anyway, but damn... I'm still laughing about the 12 men on the field. Ah, the irony is dripping. The definition of aggie right there.

The whole country is laughing about that one! Well, the central region anyway.

westcoast_sooner
11/5/2006, 01:11 AM
Did you hear the spiel about Lassie going to class with the Lassie temple virgin sophomore? Apparently, if Lassie barks in class, the prof has to halt his lecture and cancel class. I wonder what they do if she drops a deuce? Cancel finals?

I guess that means that the inmates really ARE running the asylum.

Soonerus
11/5/2006, 01:14 AM
Aggies have a lot of questionable traditions, but the 12th man sneaking onto the field for the 4th down play tops them all....

AzianSooner
11/5/2006, 01:17 AM
I have a feeling that the TV crew seems to give OU and Bob alot of prop in the last 2 games.

Am I wrong ?

StoopTroup
11/5/2006, 01:19 AM
There were some very priceless screen capture moments in the stands towards the end of the game when they knew it was over and we were going to kill the clock.

PRICELESS! :D

Soonerus
11/5/2006, 01:24 AM
There were some very priceless screen capture moments in the stands towards the end of the game when they knew it was over and we were going to kill the clock.

PRICELESS! :D

totally agree and as I saw the many listless faces I felt so sorry(not) they had taken the time for a midnight yell practice...fools.....

KingDavid
11/5/2006, 01:25 AM
Did you hear the spiel about Lassie going to class with the Lassie temple virgin sophomore? Apparently, if Lassie barks in class, the prof has to halt his lecture and cancel class. I wonder what they do if she drops a deuce?

They battle each other to get the first bite.

AzianSooner
11/5/2006, 01:27 AM
The ATM QB started loosing his cockiness in the 4th quaters.

birddog
11/5/2006, 01:31 AM
I have a feeling that the TV crew seems to give OU and Bob alot of prop in the last 2 games.

Am I wrong ?

yeah, they've done a nice job talking about our young talent and what we

can do in the future with a good qb.

it's pretty uncommon so i'll take it when it comes.

tulsaoilerfan
11/5/2006, 12:08 PM
Nothing like 80000 stunned aggie fans!!

blackbeauty02
11/5/2006, 01:24 PM
**** the aggies and their 12th man. Home of the 13th man is what I'm going to make a t-shirt say next year...the back say and we still beat your f-AGGIES. i've never been more proud of OU's football team, well since last weeks game, and then the game before that...etc. They came down to their stadium and they came to play. Especially my new favorite Allan Patrick.

stoopified
11/5/2006, 01:36 PM
I realize that in the end it didn't matter anyway, but damn... I'm still laughing about the 12 men on the field. Ah, the irony is dripping. The definition of aggie right there.That 4-3- 5 is a great D.......in the CFL.

umberto
11/5/2006, 01:52 PM

The bronze it and worship it like some sort of sick Aggie demi-god. "Lassie has spoken, cancel this class forever, because is ****..." :D

1stTimeCaller
11/5/2006, 01:58 PM
you'd think you could figure out wtf you are doing after 2 timeouts

I thought there were 3 timeouts taken between 3rd and 4th down. They took one as soon as we were down to stop the clock. We then took one to think about it and then we called another just before the snap.

Aggy, heh.

Paperclip
11/5/2006, 03:13 PM
Credit to Longhorn fan Xminus6

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/jeffnee/12th-man.jpg

StoopTroup
11/5/2006, 03:16 PM
Credit to Longhorn fan Xminus6

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/jeffnee/12th-man.jpg
SPEK!

LMAO!

Zbird
11/5/2006, 03:23 PM
[quote=Okla- BTW, what do they do with those towels when they lose? Do they build a bonfire or just toss them?[/quote]

Wring the tears out of them, dry them, and shake the salt out for forming into salt licks for the sheep they want to molest.

rb585
11/6/2006, 04:42 PM
http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=4595076&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

COLLEGE STATION, Tex. -- In January, Texas A&M University sued the Seattle Seahawks of the NFL, arguing that the Seahawks were infringing on A&M’s legal claim to the “12th Man” slogan. Today the school took it one step further, filing a copyright infringement lawsuit in Brazos County district court to stake its ownership rights to the term “Illegal Participation ™” as well.

Today’s claim named the NFL’s Cleveland Browns, who were flagged for having too many men on the field during yesterday’s loss to San Diego, as defendants to the lawsuit. Though the Browns were the only party named, Texas A&M officials suggested that more parties could soon be added as defendants.

“Texas A&M University certainly has no ill will towards the Cleveland Browns or anyone else that will be added to the lawsuit,” said Steve Moore, A&M’s chief marketing officer and vice president for communications. “However, we have the responsibility and legal obligation to protect the university’s trademarks and traditions, including the 12th Man and Illegal Participation ™.”

Athletic Director Bill Byrne speculated that more teams could be added to the lawsuit as soon as Tuesday, and almost certainly by the end of the weekend.

“There’s some crappy Tuesday night game on ESPN this week, but we more than likely will have to wait for the bulk of the games this weekend before someone makes the mistake of putting twelve players on the field,” explained Mr. Byrne. “Illegal Participation ™ is a penalty that rarely happens because it normally takes a complete breakdown on the part of the entire coaching staff to occur, but you can bet that as soon as it does happen, our lawyers will be on the asses of the offending parties like white on rice.”

Texas A&M and the Seattle Seahawks eventually settled their dispute out of court. Neither party admitted fault or liability in the settlement, and the Seahawks were able to continue using the slogan by obtaining a licensing agreement from the university, reportedly at a cost of about $100,000 annually. Mr. Byrne hinted that such an agreement might also resolve the lawsuit for the Browns, or any other team named in the filing.

“Of course! When money talks, Bill Byrne listens,” said Mr. Byrne. “I don’t currently have a satisfactory dollar amount in mind, but we’re open to negotiations here. I have bills to pay, programs to fund, bacteria-free carpet to purchase for the horses to poop on, contracts to buy out, and new coaches to hire. Those things cost money, and I’ve tapped our boosters as much as I possibly can. I am very open to negotiation. Call me!”

The Aggies trace their use of “12th Man” to 1922, when an injury-plagued roster led the team to pull E. King Gill from the stands and suited him up to play. Mr. Gill never took the field, but the legend strengthened campus-wide commitment to support the team.

The Aggies trace their use of “Illegal Participation” to last Saturday night, when the team’s defense put twelve men on the field in an attempt to stop a game-deciding 4th-and-inches play against the University of Oklahoma.

Oklahoma still gained enough yardage to obtain a first down and Texas A&M lost the game 17-16.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

BoonesFarmSooner
11/6/2006, 05:16 PM
What's crazy is that the coaches said that aTm had 12 men on the field on the first 4th and inches play, the one where Stoops called the timeout.

They have all that time to get organized and figure out what they are doing and they trot out a dozen defenders?

tru2ou
11/6/2006, 05:43 PM
What's crazy is that the coaches said that aTm had 12 men on the field on the first 4th and inches play, the one where Stoops called the timeout.

They have all that time to get organized and figure out what they are doing and they trot out a dozen defenders?

I was going to ask this very question. Surely someone has a screen cap of their formation before the Stoops timeout and we can count the players.

If they did it twice, I'll really chuckle.

BTW, we got the first down due to the penatly. We took the penalty, not the play. 15 yards > 2 yards

I know it didnt matter but it needed to be pointed out.

- TRU

jrsooner
11/6/2006, 05:48 PM
Their "12th Man" is having a breakdown on the "Battalion" student paper. From the sounds of the letters, they don't like Fran very much. :)

I have witnessed 10 games so far this season and in all of those games our team has been out-coached.

Dear Coach Fran:
My name is Bret, and I'm the proudest member of the fighting Texas Aggie class of 2022. I was at the game yesterday and it was fun. But mommy says you should be careful because she liked you even when her friends didn't but now she says she doesn't know and I told her you're the coach so you're smart but she says that's not enough and I won't tell you what daddy says because it's mean and mommy says I can't say that too so I don't. I like watching Aggie football except when they lose and thank you for being our coach and I hope they do better next week. Especially because daddy says if they don't, you should be on fire and I don't want that.
Bret Peterson
Class of 2022

I would like to thank the Aggie coaching staff for yet again proving themselves incompetent and unreliable. The 2006 Fighting Texas Aggie Football Team has a great amount of talent and knows how to play as a team. Head Coach Franchione and Offensive Coordinator Les Koenning have repeatedly driven the team into the ground with poor play calling and stubborn obsessions with game plans that just aren't working.

noose7699
11/10/2006, 06:14 PM
**** the aggies and their 12th man. Home of the 13th man is what I'm going to make a t-shirt say next year...the back say and we still beat your f-AGGIES. i've never been more proud of OU's football team, well since last weeks game, and then the game before that...etc. They came down to their stadium and they came to play. Especially my new favorite Allan Patrick.

Yea I've liked AP since I watched him play last season. I am still on the AD bandwagon, always will be. Unless he starts beatin his girlfriend up or murderin folks ( OFF the football field that is) or somethin like that, I will always be a fan. But him not being from Thug U in Miami, I don't see that happenening..

GreenSooner
11/10/2006, 09:30 PM
I suppose it's a kind of obvious joke, but I called the final play (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1636661&postcount=597) in the middle of the game thread:

You know it would be pretty funny if aTm actually got penalized for having twelve men on the field.

Just sayin'...