PDA

View Full Version : I need your opinions...

tbl
11/4/2006, 06:18 PM
I'm getting a new company car and I'm having trouble deciding on the color.

http://www.saturn.com/saturn/vehicles/futurevehicles/index.jsp

Click on the Outlook, then click the link for the color preview. My choices are Midnight Blue, Cocoa, Silver Pearl, Ocean Mist, & Gold Mist. I really liked the red (obviously), but it's not available on our program. Let me know what you think...

SoonerBorn68
11/4/2006, 06:24 PM
If you're going to have to wash it, I'd stay away from the darker colors. :D

The silver looks pretty good to me.

Cam
11/4/2006, 06:24 PM
Cocoa or Silver Pearl.

OUAndy1807
11/4/2006, 06:27 PM
gold or white.

GottaHavePride
11/4/2006, 06:56 PM
The crappy part is that I tend to like the silver or gunmetal type colors on cars, but those are all trendy right now so freakin' everybody is buying cars those colors.

handcrafted
11/4/2006, 06:59 PM
midnight blue is epic

Frozen Sooner
11/4/2006, 06:59 PM
Company car? Who cares-spray paint it after you get it anyhow.

proud gonzo
11/4/2006, 07:04 PM
yeah, I'd pick the blue because so many people have silver cars and SUVs

lil'duck
11/4/2006, 07:09 PM
yeah, I'd pick the blue because so many people have silver cars and SUVs

I'm with P.G., pick the blue. Everyone does have silver and why not be original in your company car? Who cares if it shows dirt? It's not your car....:)

Frozen Sooner
11/4/2006, 07:12 PM
I'm telling you-don't worry about what color it is from the factory. A couple of cans of Krylon will spruce whatever it is right up.

olevetonahill
11/4/2006, 07:53 PM
Tell em if you cant have it Crimson an Cream you aint driving their ****
A man has to have his standards

Frozen Sooner
11/4/2006, 07:56 PM
THEY MAKE KRYLON IN BOTH COLORS!

Tell you what, just spray paint "F-U Aggie Prick!" on it. When your boss sees it, it's a win win. If he's not an Aggie, he'll think it's funny. If he IS an Aggie, he's been insulted. WIN-WIN!

OCUDad
11/4/2006, 08:00 PM
Midnight blue. Strong car deserves a strong color.

tbl
11/5/2006, 12:24 AM
Tell em if you cant have it Crimson an Cream you aint driving their ****
A man has to have his standards
No joke... and our corporate office is in Lincoln with all the board and most of the corporate employees being big time Huskers. Apparently it's some issue with the lease company we're going through b/c they're claiming red cars don't hold their value as well. They said they turn pink or something after time (which is insane).

The one reason I don't want silver is b/c my wife has a silver 4Runner. Strangely enough, I kind of liked the cocoa. At first I didn't, but I think it's growing on me, although now I'm going to have to give blue some serious consideration after the response. I'm actually pretty surprises by the Blue votes. I figured that would get a goose egg...

Keep it going folks. I like input. Your vote could determine the next three years of my driving future. :pop:

tbl
11/5/2006, 12:27 AM
If you're going to have to wash it, I'd stay away from the darker colors. :D

I get $15 a month car wash expense, so that isn't too big of a deal. Would the blue show dirt that bad?

Cam
11/5/2006, 11:13 AM
Any dark color is going to show dirt worse than a lighter color. White actually hides dirt the best. Go figure.

The cocoa with a tan interior would look pretty damn sharp.

mrowl
11/5/2006, 11:33 AM
since when did Saturn start to suck less? some neat concept stuff.

proud gonzo
11/5/2006, 01:34 PM
Any dark color is going to show dirt worse than a lighter color. White actually hides dirt the best. Go figure.

The cocoa with a tan interior would look pretty damn sharp.I actually think silver and tan hide dirt best. White shows dust and water spots very easily. (my dad has had a lot of white cars...)

tbl
11/6/2006, 12:34 AM
The cocoa with a tan interior would look pretty damn sharp.
I'm thinking that is going to be my final decision. Thank you for all the other crappy ideas, guys! :D ;) :D ;) :D ;)

proud gonzo
11/6/2006, 01:31 AM
good--silver=bad. today it was a downpour in OKC and I could barely see the silver cars. and there were a LOT of them.