PDA

View Full Version : Sooner History Lesson

BIG_IKE
11/3/2006, 12:52 PM
5 Years ago this week..We were #3... (7-1), and had just finished blasting Tulsa 58-0 in Norman. And we were awaiting the arrival of the Texas Aggies & RC Slocum in Norman the next week to receive a 31-10 beating. The Aggies lost, it was great to be a Sooner, and Texas still sucked :D

10 years ago this week, in Sooner History...

:( Someone I shall not mention scored 73 points in Norman, the Aggies probably lost, it was great to be a Sooner...kinda...and Texas still sucked:D

15 years ago this week today..in sooner History...
We rushed for 275 yards and beat Kansas State in Norman 28-10 and we were Ranked #20, The aggies were humping sheeps, it was great to be a Sooner, and Texas still sucked :D

20 Years ago, this week in Sooner History....
Coach Switzer was in the midst of one of the many great stretches of Sooner Football ever....in the 5 games following the RRS (which we won) The Sooner did not give up ANY touchdowns and only 3 points...
OSU 19-0
ISU- 38-0
Kansas 64-3
Missouri 77-0
Colorado 28-0

We went on to win the Big 8, finish 11-1, #3 in the nation. Had we not lost to Miami we would have probably won the NC. But hey, A&M lost, It was GREAT to be a Sooner...and yes..Texas still sucked :D

25 Years Ago this week in Sooner History
We had a BYE week

30 Years Ago this week in Sooner History
We had 436 yards rushing enroute to a 49-20 pasting of K-State in Norman. We beat them without completing a single pass....oh yeah, A&M lost, IT was great to be a Sooner...and Texas sucked..but I'm not saying what :D

35 years ago this week in Sooner History
We blew K-State out (again)....and you know the rest

50 Years Ago this week in Sooner History..

OH YEAH BABY!!! We wer ein the middle of "The STREAK"....we were the defending National Champs..AND we were getting ready to win another one. And it was GREAT GREAT GREAT to be a Sooner....and my Dad was 3 years old......oh yeah and Texas sucked really bad :D

100 Years Ago This Week in Sooner History
Benjamin Owen was the Coach....we had just shutout Central Oklahoma...one of 6 shutouts on the year...Kansas was actually really good..lol....and Texas STILL sucked..:D

OSUAggie
11/3/2006, 01:16 PM
so... apparently it wasn't great to be a Sooner during the infamous bye week of '81?

sooneron
11/3/2006, 02:02 PM
so... apparently it wasn't great to be a Sooner during the infamous bye week of '81?
Actually, it was. I had just completed my first successful tabletop jump on my Redline!

CobraKai
11/3/2006, 03:54 PM
Word...I always wanted a Redline with a "uniseat". I had a Diamondback.

Paperclip
11/3/2006, 03:57 PM
I had a Mongoose.

1991SOONER
11/3/2006, 09:44 PM

It was meh. But one thing is for sure, Texas still sucked that week!

1991SOONER
11/3/2006, 09:45 PM
Can anyone think of when Texas DIDN'T suck? I cant. :confused:

birddog
11/3/2006, 09:48 PM
diamond back silver streak.

sooneron
11/3/2006, 09:50 PM
Odds are good that osu lost that weekend.