PDA

View Full Version : West side upper deck-Gaylord Memorial

The_Red_Patriot
11/3/2006, 12:09 PM
Has anyone ever sat up there before? I might buy some tickets up there and just wondering if they are any good.

Paperclip
11/3/2006, 12:12 PM
I liked it.

fadada1
11/3/2006, 12:13 PM
i've been up there once for a game. kinda cool because you can really see how plays develop. kinda sucks because you can never tell if a pass is going to be completed (neither can BBS for that matter). i liked it, but felt very far away from the action.

IronSooner
11/3/2006, 01:01 PM
It's hard to beat the view. The atmosphere sucks hard though, everyone sits the whole game, don't yell much at all, and listen to their headset radios.

picasso
11/3/2006, 01:04 PM
It's hard to beat the view. The atmosphere sucks hard though, everyone sits the whole game, don't yell much at all, and listen to their headset radios.
yep, best not stand up and cheer.

stonecoldsoonerfan
11/3/2006, 01:14 PM

the atmosphere's great! everyone sits the whole game, don't yell much at all, and listen to their headset radios. :P

and yes, the view is great. if you like sitting up high, you should consider it. also, the last time i sat there, they wouldn't let you ride the evevator UP without a pass, but you could ride DOWN it without one. the east side won't let you do either without an elevator pass.

sooneron
11/3/2006, 01:51 PM
They look like little ants on the field!

The_Red_Patriot
11/3/2006, 02:30 PM
everyone sits down?

Im prob better off with the endzone seats then, I dont like sitting down

I_SMELL_FEAR
11/3/2006, 02:34 PM
yeah, if you want to feel comfortable standing without making anyone mad around you, then North endzone is best place...everywhere else is a crap shoot on how people will react about you standing..

plus north endzone usually has more police action.

TUSooner
11/3/2006, 03:05 PM
The last time sat there (1976?) OSU beat OU on a cold rainy day. I wouldn't risk it.

TexasSooner01
11/3/2006, 03:39 PM
yeah, if you want to feel comfortable standing without making anyone mad around you, then North endzone is best place...everywhere else is a crap shoot on how people will react about you standing..

Our seats or in the North Endzone, I love it! :D

OldGuyinStudentSection
11/3/2006, 04:54 PM
Dehydrate yourself before finding your seats. You'll miss a full quarter of the game waiting in the bathroom line.

IronSooner
11/3/2006, 05:45 PM

Yep, if you aren't sitting in the student section the north endzone is your next best bet. It still puzzles me how people can cheer sitting down.

SoFla Sooner
11/3/2006, 11:25 PM
Why don't you go up there and stand up and cheer the whole game and show those people how you are SUPPOSED to act at a college football game! Who cares if they get mad? Tell them to go to the opera house if they wish to sit and be polite and quiet.

I don't get to go to that many games because I live 1600 miles away so I let my OK relatives use my seats in the East upper deck, but it's kinda the same sort of atmosphere. I couldn't care less about my fellow "donor-deckers". Their attitudes confuse me, but they otherwise do not bother me on any level. I'm having too much fun!:P

Flagstaffsooner
11/4/2006, 12:25 AM
Tell them to go to the opera house if they wish to sit and be polite and quiet.
Spek!

NUSooner
11/4/2006, 12:39 AM
I don't think I've sat for very many plays in Section 33. I think the lower east side stands because the students are all way up high on the benches.