PDA

View Full Version : Spurs and Mavs

NormanPride
11/3/2006, 10:39 AM
Honestly, these are the two best teams in the NBA. The refs come in a close third, but nobody else is even close.

Also, Mark Cuban is still a weenis. :pop:

GrapevineSooner
11/3/2006, 11:25 AM
For all his faults, I'd still rather have him as an owner of one of my favorite teams than any other owner in sports.

The Mavs would not be where they are today if not for him.

OUster
11/3/2006, 12:03 PM
For all his faults, I'd still rather have him as an owner of one of my favorite teams than any other owner in sports.

The Mavs would not be where they are today if not for him.

Yeah, but then you have to listen to him and pretend you agree...with some of the dumb **** he says, that would be hard to do.

colleyvillesooner
11/3/2006, 02:14 PM
Man, I thought we would at least get to game 10 before the Cuban talk started.

GrapevineSooner
11/3/2006, 03:29 PM

Some of it is Cuban's fault, I suppose. I can't say his reputation for being a whiner isn't necessarily owned. And I'm still a little bitter at him for the way he threw Michael Finley under the bus after the Jason Terry suspension in the playoffs last year.

Oh well, this feels like a legitimate rivalry instead of the 'gee-we'd-really-love-to-beat-you-but-we-keep-falling-thhhhis-close-each-time' "rivalry" that this was for so long.

sanantoniosooner
11/3/2006, 03:37 PM
Some of it is Cuban's fault, I suppose. I can't say his reputation for being a whiner isn't necessarily owned. And I'm still a little bitter at him for the way he threw Michael Finley under the bus after the Jason Terry suspension in the playoffs last year.

Oh well, this feels like a legitimate rivalry instead of the 'gee-we'd-really-love-to-beat-you-but-we-keep-falling-thhhhis-close-each-time' "rivalry" that this was for so long.

Let'er RIP!!!;)

GrapevineSooner
11/3/2006, 03:42 PM
And by owned, I mean deserved. ;)

BTW, Dallas still loves the jumpshot, apparently. There's a reason the Spurs got to the line so many more times than our guys did. It's called taking it to the hoop. :mad:

Scott D
11/3/2006, 05:59 PM
I don't have high hopes for this season...and less hope for future seasons, with the way that Stern likes to tweak the rules.

BeetDigger
11/3/2006, 11:35 PM

Sorry to be politically correct and all, but I think its called spanish. :texan:

mrowl
11/6/2006, 11:21 PM
the mavs have issues. 0-3

sanantoniosooner
11/6/2006, 11:27 PM
Mavs will get on track. I have no doubt.

Scott D
11/7/2006, 11:36 AM
this just in...the new technical foul rule is still a joke.

GrapevineSooner
11/7/2006, 11:45 AM
I think it can be as long as:

A) The officials use prudent judgement and warn players to stop it prior to T'ing them up.

B) They apply the rule across the board.

I really hope that they emphasize B. The league already has a reputation for giving preferential treatment to star players. And if they allow the Dirk's, Duncan's, Kobe's, and LeBron's of the NBA to complain about calls and not T those guys up while not hesitating a second when a spare shows disgust at a call, it's just going to perpetuate this belief.

Last night, I thought Dan Crawford went too far in throwing Avery out for daring to get upset over JET getting undercut on a drive to the bucket with no foul call.

BTW, that doesn't excuse the Mavs loss last night.

sanantoniosooner
11/7/2006, 11:49 AM
just wanted you to know I reciprocated the user note:D

Scott D
11/7/2006, 12:04 PM
I think it can be as long as:

A) The officials use prudent judgement and warn players to stop it prior to T'ing them up.

B) They apply the rule across the board.

I really hope that they emphasize B. The league already has a reputation for giving preferential treatment to star players. And if they allow the Dirk's, Duncan's, Kobe's, and LeBron's of the NBA to complain about calls and not T those guys up while not hesitating a second when a spare shows disgust at a call, it's just going to perpetuate this belief.

Last night, I thought Dan Crawford went too far in throwing Avery out for daring to get upset over JET getting undercut on a drive to the bucket with no foul call.

The problem there is that A hasn't been Stern's intent...refs aren't allowed to use any judgement they are just to T players up with any instance of demonstrativeness. B is even less likely to happen than A because of how the league is. Really the only thing that would possible make Stern adjust things would be fans not showing up at games and not buying NBA paraphernalia