PDA

View Full Version : Something I've noticed about the SA...

goingoneight
11/3/2006, 12:27 AM
On week one, someone who we can all guess said OSU would "struggle a bit at first" to win, and they beat Wilson High School easily.
He said OU would likely pitch a shut out against UAB, and a healthy AD would control the show.

Well, everyone knows AD owns, win or lose... but how accurate was that?

We all remember everyone saying how "terrible" Washington was, now all of a sudden, they're getting a little love here and there.

Next there was an "almost certain loss" in Eugene. No way could Bob Stoops handle 60,000 fans clapping on the road. I do believe that depsite OU being a little defensively challenged, Oregon escaped with an asterisk due to a fiasco we all know too well. Had the offciating not gone so horridly wrong, OU wins by a MINIMUM of 6. Maybe double digits. Duck fans, don't even lie about it, you all were bailing your stadium early when we went up by 13. Don't deny it, you gave up, and your team captialized on moronic calls by Sir Gordon Reise.

Well, the next of course was OU playing Middle Tennessee, a team which had "one of the nation's premier defenses, and a talented receiving corps." OU was supposed to struggle, but somehow escaped 59-0?!?! :eek:

... but that had to be the home field advantage.

Then OSU was supposed to topple Houston with ease, well, that didn't happen, either.

I'll give the SA this, they said field position and turnovers would decide the game against Texass... But then again, doesn't it always? Superman Roy Williams will tell you that, too... and he isn't a big-shot sports anchor. But he knows the obvious theories of football and the RRS.

We won't even go into what they said about Arkansas vs Auburn... No one could really have predicted that one...

Oh, and weren't we supposed to struggle with that great defending BIG 12 North Champion Colorado??? :confused:

Then there was the almost certain BCS bid Missouri and Maxwell Award winner Chase Daniel. Good team, good attitudes... classy crowd... once again, OU with the "upset." Then there was the talk about how a dropped pass by Missouri's tight end changes the game. How about all of the dropped passes we've had all year long? It takes a team effort to complete a pass, and it was INCOMPLETE. Paul Thompson's numbers would be phenominal if OUr WR's and TEs and FBs and RB's would have held onto the damn ball this year. You don't go picking on someone for dropping a pass, just as you don't go saying someone "got lucky with mistakes and bad calls against the opponent. What about the phantom fumble, Big Al??? Moral of the story, OU won... comfortably on the road.

Seems liek the anchors have favored OSU in all of their games, yet they are what, 5-3??? OU has been a dog all season long, favored in some of course, but doubted in every position except for Reggie and AD. And we're a one-loss team (rightfully). Can we please respect OU a little more and not look for a constant oppurtunty to say "I told you so???"

GottaHavePride
11/3/2006, 12:34 AM
I think you're assuming that most of us care what the radio dweebs say. ;)