PDA

View Full Version : Bus driver gives Bush the finger

mdklatt
11/2/2006, 04:02 PM
School bus driver fired after obscene gesture at President Bush (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/6420AP_WA_Bush_Finger.html)

The 43-year-old driver, whose name has not been released by the Issaquah School District, was shepherding a busload of middle-school children back from the Seattle zoo on June 16 when the president and Rep. Dave Reichert, R-Wash., drove slowly by in a motorcade along Interstate 5. From the bus, stopped on an onramp, the children waved; with the windows down in their car, Bush and Reichert waved back.

That's when the driver extended the old one-finger salute, according to Reichert and Issaquah Superintendent Janet Barry.

"The congressman hadn't seen it, but the president turned to him and said, 'That one's not a fan,'" said Reichert spokeswoman Kimberly Cadena.

:D :D :D

P.S. Bush was riding around with the windows open?!

crawfish
11/2/2006, 04:07 PM
Don't know about in Virginia, but in my area being a bus driver is a relatively high-paying, cushy job. 50 bucks an hour for people who are mostly retired.

I bet the guy feels a bit stupid now. :)

King Crimson
11/2/2006, 04:10 PM
i rode the bus in Norman from 6-9th grade, and that's small taters compared to the level of "indecency" i saw. and it was a blast.

OklahomaTuba
11/2/2006, 04:15 PM
Poor guy.

No doubt he will be picked up by Bushilter's brown shirts and shipped to Gitmo for non-stop torture and abuse at any moment now.

King Crimson
11/2/2006, 04:19 PM
Poor guy.

No doubt he will be picked up by Bushilter's brown shirts and shipped to Gitmo for non-stop torture and abuse at any moment now.

you didn't click the link did you?

C&CDean
11/2/2006, 04:19 PM
Seattle? pfffft. Up there, Cobain is a god and Jesus is a joke. **** Seattle.

RedStripe
11/2/2006, 04:21 PM
"The congressman hadn't seen it, but the president turned to him and said, 'That one's not a fan,'" said Reichert spokeswoman Kimberly Cadena.

Pretty funny come back from Bush

IB4OU2
11/2/2006, 04:24 PM
i rode the bus in Norman from 6-9th grade, and that's small taters compared to the level of "indecency" i saw. and it was a blast.

short or long bus?

King Crimson
11/2/2006, 04:27 PM
short bus.

Widescreen
11/2/2006, 05:02 PM
When I first heard about that I thought it was kinda crappy that he lost his job for using his 1st amendment rights. But then I read that he did it while a bunch of kids were on the bus. Stupid.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/2/2006, 05:05 PM
F'ing unions...Like I would want some woman like that to be around my kids.

Good on liberal Seattle to do the right thing on the first part...

Ike
11/2/2006, 05:09 PM
When I first heard about that I thought it was kinda crappy that he lost his job for using his 1st amendment rights. But then I read that he did it while a bunch of kids were on the bus. Stupid.
bingo. Had it been an empty bus, I'd think that firing the driver was just a little overreactionary. but it wasn't.

crawfish
11/2/2006, 05:16 PM
When I first heard about that I thought it was kinda crappy that he lost his job for using his 1st amendment rights.

When you're representing the company you work for, I think that company has every right to fire you for such an offense.

Jerk
11/2/2006, 05:34 PM
When you're representing the company you work for, I think that company has every right to fire you for such an offense.

Bingo.

GrapevineSooner
11/2/2006, 06:32 PM
When you've already got a rap sheet, I think the company you're working for can fire you for such an offense.

Even if it's not the POTUS you're flipping off.

proud gonzo
11/2/2006, 06:42 PM
why do all you people keep referring to the driver as "he"? article distinctly said "she"

Ike
11/2/2006, 06:45 PM
why do all you people keep referring to the driver as "he"? article distinctly said "she"
what, do you think people read articles here?

Sooner_Bob
11/2/2006, 07:11 PM
DOH!

OCUDad
11/2/2006, 09:23 PM
you didn't click the link did you?Tuba doesn't need to read anything. He is in sole possession of all the "facts" about everything. Reading just muddles the issue.

Edit: And yes, she should have been fired. Not for the act, but for the audience in front of which the act was performed.