PDA

View Full Version : So a Student/Trainee took blood from me today.....

IB4OU2
11/2/2006, 01:45 PM
She missed the vein three times in three different locations.....:mad:

and I don't know why they did'nt ask me if she could practice on me dammit. :mad:

Fugue
11/2/2006, 01:47 PM
the upcoming bruise shouldn't be too big. Maybe only dinner plate sized. :texan:

IB4OU2
11/2/2006, 01:55 PM
the upcoming bruise shouldn't be too big. Maybe only dinner plate sized. :texan:

It's the size of a saucer now.

Fugue
11/2/2006, 01:58 PM
same thing happened to me last time I went in. Butchered.

IB4OU2
11/2/2006, 02:00 PM
same thing happened to me last time I went in. Butchered.

It would of helped if she would have been remotely hawt......

Fugue
11/2/2006, 02:02 PM
It would of helped if she would have been remotely hawt......

It's amazing how often that helps. :D

Mrs. Norm
11/2/2006, 03:11 PM
I went in today for my prenate lab work. I told the person that people have always had a hard time finding a vein on me. She kinda shrugged it off. She felt around for about 5 minutes and said, "I'm not going to try this. I'm going to get somebody else." She had another lady, who came in, felt around, and she went and got somebody. By this point, I'm just wanting to get it all over with. Then they had some guy come in. He found a vein, stuck it, and nothing came out. But, unlike most people, he just pulled it right out. He said that he wasn't the type to move the needle around trying to get blood. He found another one and it worked. The only thing is that they had to get 9 vials!! I could barely feel my arm when he was finished.

IB4OU2
11/2/2006, 03:46 PM
I went in today for my prenate lab work. I told the person that people have always had a hard time finding a vein on me. She kinda shrugged it off. She felt around for about 5 minutes and said, "I'm not going to try this. I'm going to get somebody else." She had another lady, who came in, felt around, and she went and got somebody. By this point, I'm just wanting to get it all over with. Then they had some guy come in. He found a vein, stuck it, and nothing came out. But, unlike most people, he just pulled it right out. He said that he wasn't the type to move the needle around trying to get blood. He found another one and it worked. The only thing is that they had to get 9 vials!! I could barely feel my arm when he was finished.

9 vials? Good grief!......drink some OJ that may help....:(

SicEmBaylor
11/2/2006, 04:05 PM
There is a group of nurses at OU Children's in the Kidney/transplant clinic that are absolutely AMAZING at taking blood. They can find even the faintest of pain on the first try with no pain.

LilSooner
11/2/2006, 04:10 PM
I had a lady to take blood from me one time. She missed several times then finally got a vein then took too damn long to get the file up and blood went squirting. I then asked her if it was her first time, she gave me the nastiest go to hell look ever.

IB4OU2
11/2/2006, 04:18 PM
We outta be able to pinch them back for their screw ups....I'd bet they'd get alot better.

Osce0la
11/2/2006, 04:38 PM
She missed the vein three times in three different locations.....:mad:

and I don't know why they did'nt ask me if she could practice on me dammit. :mad:
Would you have said yes?

Most people probably wouldn't - which is why they probably didn't ask. For that matter, they probably used to ask and they just got tired of the student/trainees never getting any practice, so they just quit asking.

Osce0la
11/2/2006, 04:38 PM
We outta be able to pinch them back for their screw ups....I'd bet they'd get alot better.
Or just jam a needle in their arm and move it around until you draw blood...

BoogercountySooner
11/2/2006, 06:32 PM
I let the blood out of something this morning!

Tulsa_Fireman
11/2/2006, 06:34 PM
Cut 'em some slack, fellas. It's easier said than done.

Up until it just gets ridiculous. Some folks, yeah... They're just idiots.

But it still ain't the easiest thing in the world to do.

Tailwind
11/2/2006, 07:54 PM
I hate when that happens, and it happens to me a lot. I know it isn't the easiest thing in the world, but being a freakin pin-cushion is not my idea of a good time.