PDA

View Full Version : the wierd crime thread

Ike
11/2/2006, 12:35 PM
I heard this on the news, while not paying much attention, last night...It didn't really register what they had said happened till they were almost done with the story, and I chose to believe that my mind was just playing tricks on me...

anyway, turns out that I heard right. 3 people have been going around the west side of chicago shooting at people with a blowgun. what on earth posesses someone to do that?

so anyone else got some recent weird crime stories from their area? post em here.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0611020370nov02,1,5197769.story?coll=chi-newslocal-hed

By Matthew Walberg
Tribune staff reporter
Published November 2, 2006

Oak Lawn police are investigating whether three men from Chicago's Southwest Side who were charged with shooting a 12-year-old boy in the face with a blow dart on Sunday are connected to similar attacks in the south suburb the same day.

Kevin M. Johnson, 17, of the 5700 block of South Tripp Avenueis accused of shooting the boy and was charged Tuesday with felony aggravated assault and given a $25,000 bail.

Frank Bennett Jr., 20, of the 4700 block of South Kilbourn Avenue, and Krzysztof Strama, 18, of the 6200 block of South Kilbourn Avenue, were charged with two counts each of misdemeanor battery.

Authorities said the boy was shot around 6:40 p.m. in the left cheek as he walked in an alley in the 5300 block of South Major Avenue.

In Chicago, officers were looking for a red Jeep after receiving calls from at least three other people who said they'd been shot at by the vehicle's occupants, said Chicago police spokeswoman Robin Mohr.

When officers spotted the vehicle, they pulled it over and saw a blow dart gun and numerous darts on the floor, Mohr said.

Mohr said the investigation is ongoing and Chicago investigators have forwarded information to Oak Lawn police, who were investigating two blow dart attacks Sunday afternoon.

Oak Lawn Police Division Chief Keith Raspovich said a 15-year-old boy was shot about 3 p.m. in the left thigh while walking near 107th Street and Cicero Avenue. The dart did not break the skin, and the youth did not want medical treatment when police arrived, he said.

A short time later, Oak Lawn Fire Department Battalion Chief Mike Jensen was shot in the leg at 95th Street and Cicero Avenue, where he was collecting money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association.

"I thought a rock hit me and I was looking around for it. I said to one of the fire lieutenants that was working with me, `Man, that stung,'" Jensen said Wednesday. "He said, `Hey, you've got a needle sticking out of your leg.' So I pulled it out and looked at it. It was a 6-inch-long solid needle. It looked like something you could blow out of a gun."

Johnson is due in court Monday, officials said. Bennett and Strama are scheduled to appear on Dec. 1.

fadada1
11/2/2006, 12:41 PM
must be part of the ellusive "chicago amazon" gang.