PDA

View Full Version : COLT McCOY....Heisman Candidate?????

BIG_IKE
11/2/2006, 11:39 AM
:eek: I once again, spit my coffee out this morning and got my keyboard dirty.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9766144

Discuss..:pop:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/malcolm/gallery/images/340/malcolm2.jpg

mrowl
11/2/2006, 11:41 AM
why not? his stats are just as good as Troy Smith.

snp
11/2/2006, 11:41 AM
He's a good QB on a good team. He's obviously going to get his name thrown in the hat.

Too bad Troy Smith and Brady Quinn have about 235252 slips of paper with their own names.

BIG_IKE
11/2/2006, 11:46 AM
He just doesn't have that "Heisman" feel to him. I keep waiting for the Chrissy in him to come out, but it hasnt yet.....YET.
He is hard not to like, seems like a humble, grateful kid and all...maybe thats why I dont see him as a Heisman type. He is not arrogant enough..but hell neither was AD. I don't know...maybe it's all Media Bias. Because unless hell freezes over they seem to want to hand it to Smith or Quinn.

TUSooner
11/2/2006, 11:47 AM
Just the thought of it makes me want to start lobbying for Troy Smith. Maybe Pony and Brady will split the "pretty white boy" vote and Smith will win. :rolleyes:

soonerlaw
11/2/2006, 11:50 AM
If AD doesn't get it as a freshman, no way Colt McCoy does. Now in the next few years, hard to say.

BIG_IKE
11/2/2006, 11:50 AM
huh??

TexasLidig8r
11/2/2006, 11:51 AM
He just doesn't have that "Heisman" feel to him. I keep waiting for the Chrissy in him to come out, but it hasnt yet.....YET.
He is hard not to like, seems like a humble, grateful kid and all...maybe thats why I dont see him as a Heisman type. He is not arrogant enough..but hell neither was AD. I don't know...maybe it's all Media Bias. Because unless hell freezes over they seem to want to hand it to Smith or Quinn.

Colt.. a humble, grateful kid... proving to be pretty damned tough.. and not arrogant enough.. sounds like.. oh .. what was the name of the last Heisman winner from OU??? :D

BIG_IKE
11/2/2006, 11:51 AM
Just the thought of it makes me want to start lobbying for Troy Smith. Maybe Pony and Brady will split the "pretty white boy" vote and Smith will win. :rolleyes:
:confused:

Ash
11/2/2006, 11:52 AM

LOL

snp
11/2/2006, 12:07 PM
:confused:

Perhaps you were confused when he insinuated that Colt was pretty. I was too.

Pricetag
11/2/2006, 01:46 PM
Colt.. a humble, grateful kid... proving to be pretty damned tough.. and not arrogant enough.. sounds like.. oh .. what was the name of the last Heisman winner from OU??? :D
I was thinking the same thing. How could he possibly not seem Heisman-esque to us?

Sco
11/2/2006, 01:53 PM
I think I just got a little sick.

If he were to win... he'd be the first true freshman... oh, I can hear it now...

:shiver:

Widescreen
11/2/2006, 02:02 PM
He won't win over Smith. If OSU tanks, he might get an invite.

OUTromBoNado
11/2/2006, 02:03 PM
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

snp
11/2/2006, 03:07 PM
I think I just got a little sick.

If he were to win... he'd be the first true freshman... oh, I can hear it now...

:shiver:

He's a RS Freshman.

IronSooner
11/2/2006, 03:16 PM
They all but handed out the Heisman about a month ago. Now it's just a contest to get invites. I'd be surprised if Colt got that much.

TUSooner
11/2/2006, 03:20 PM
The thought is just too.... GAHHHHH.
First, he plays for tejas; then he's got that stupid corny cutesy cartoon name; he looks like he's about 14; and he prances around like Richard Frikkin Simmons ; and finally, if we had put some consistent pressure on the guy at the RRS, he would have folded up faster than one of those new-fangled laminated road maps and NOBODY would even be talking about tejas and heisman and pony mcpooh in the same breath. The guy is just.....ghey.
GAH, I say again, GAHHHHHH!!!!

Scott D
11/2/2006, 04:51 PM

so we can expect him to blow a tire pretty soon?

footballfanatic
11/2/2006, 05:08 PM
The thought is just too.... GAHHHHH.
First, he plays for tejas; then he's got that stupid corny cutesy cartoon name; he looks like he's about 14; and he prances around like Richard Frikkin Simmons ; and finally, if we had put some consistent pressure on the guy at the RRS, he would have folded up faster than one of those new-fangled laminated road maps and NOBODY would even be talking about tejas and heisman and pony mcpooh in the same breath. The guy is just.....ghey.
GAH, I say again, GAHHHHHH!!!!

There's no evidence to suggest Colt would have folded under pressure. Through the last four games, he has shown great maturity and play-making ability. He seems to stay cool, and keep positive through bad moments, then deliver the throws at just the right time of the game. He is delivering, and while I couldn't care less about the Heisman, I am glad he's proving to be such a tough competitor.

Widescreen
11/2/2006, 05:22 PM
This message is hidden because footballfanatic is on your ignore list.
You never make any sense at all.

OK2LA
11/2/2006, 05:48 PM
I'm surprised that no one else has pointed out the fact that texas sucks.

Ash
11/2/2006, 05:59 PM
I'm surprised that no one else has pointed out the fact that texas sucks.

Good point.

sooneron
11/2/2006, 06:05 PM
pretty?

stoopified
11/2/2006, 06:12 PM
If he has these type of numbers next year or beyond I could see it.This year at best listed as others recieving votes.

OK2LA
11/2/2006, 06:16 PM
WIDESCREEN

There's no evidence to suggest Colt would have folded under pressure. Through the last four games, he has shown great maturity and play-making ability. He seems to stay cool, and keep positive through bad moments, then deliver the throws at just the right time of the game. He is delivering, and while I couldn't care less about the Heisman, I am glad he's proving to be such a tough competitor

Hehe . . .

originally posted by: footballfanatic

Hehe

Rogue
11/2/2006, 07:41 PM
Kid really reminds me of Applewhite. Sorta likable when texas' likability is at an all time low. He really is a gamer. I'm gonna go puke now.

utex74
11/2/2006, 08:03 PM
He won't win over Smith. If OSU tanks, he might get an invite.

Colt will not win. No way. It would be cool to see him get an invite, though.

But one of the coolest things about his name being brought up is the way Aggy is going into convulsions over it. McGee is better than Colt they say and the only reason he only has 10 TD passes is he has to split Aggy TDs with Javorski (sp?). huh? :rolleyes:

BIG_IKE
11/2/2006, 08:06 PM
McGee < Bucky Richardson

Sooner Stew
11/2/2006, 08:18 PM
Hell no he's not even an All American...McCoy's a fn frosh...plus I think Booby Reid is better than McCoy just doesn't have as talented of a team behind him

goingoneight
11/2/2006, 11:53 PM

You mean the one who never lost to saxeT???