PDA

View Full Version : Goodson displays his intelligence . . .

KingDavid
11/2/2006, 09:42 AM
“I took an official (visit) to Oklahoma and met with coach (Bob) Stoops. “I liked it, but it’s kind of boring in Oklahoma.”

Hmmm . . . and you chose to go WHERE instead?

Wow. What incredible geographic prowess this kid has.

Fraggle145
11/2/2006, 10:03 AM
Come with OU and OU will win some championships, or go to [insert university name here] and OU will win some championships...

heh

Fraggle145
11/2/2006, 10:04 AM
BTW who is this kid?

OUDoc
11/2/2006, 10:06 AM
BTW who is this kid?
The guy who bailed on his osu commitment, I believe.

Landthief 1972
11/2/2006, 10:17 AM
Hey, we all know College Station is the mecca of partyin', right? Not to mention a cultural icon in the U.S., renown for its art and museums!

Mac94
11/2/2006, 10:31 AM
Hey, we all know College Station is the mecca of partyin', right? Not to mention a cultural icon in the U.S., renown for its art and museums!

That pretty much sums it up. ;)

King Crimson
11/2/2006, 10:35 AM
he must REALLY like strip malls and fake squeezing his nuts at yell practice.

sooner94
11/2/2006, 10:36 AM
And based on that "rap video" posted here, College Station is also known for lecture hall rapping and seat belt wearing gangter-rappers.

Thanks College Station!!!

The Maestro
11/2/2006, 10:53 AM
Well, he's partially right. I mean, it's pretty exciting being in dogfights with the Army football team. So ease up on the guy. aTm provided him that great opportunity.

Mac94
11/2/2006, 10:57 AM
Ya'll just need to learn to read between the lines ... it's simple ... Allen Honda outbid Big Red Sports and Imports. ;)

Jock Ewing
11/2/2006, 11:00 AM
These folks know how to get down.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/rgentry/fatags.jpg

http://trae.traeblain.com/wp-content/files/images/listeater.jpg

http://www.mattwalters.com/web/texastech/images/rivalry/aggies/aggysmalltee15nm.jpg

BIG_IKE
11/2/2006, 11:13 AM
Is it me...
or was there LESS smack talk when we played the Whorns?

n8v_ndn
11/2/2006, 11:30 AM
Is it me...
or was there LESS smack talk when we played the Whorns?

That's what the Legion of Doom and the Lane Train hype will get you :rolleyes:

snp
11/2/2006, 11:39 AM
He also didn't graduate HS on time but through some loopholes A&M got him through.

BIG_IKE
11/2/2006, 11:42 AM
“I took an official (visit) to Oklahoma and met with coach (Bob) Stoops. “I liked it, but it’s kind of boring in Oklahoma.”

Well...being only an hour from Houston, hour and 45 minutes from the beach..I understand his logic. But there is plenty do in Oklahoma too.

picasso
11/2/2006, 12:08 PM
http://www.mattwalters.com/web/texastech/images/rivalry/aggies/aggysmalltee15nm.jpg
Beano?

and what does "Got Whooped" mean?

poke4christ
11/2/2006, 02:38 PM

Actually, we bailed on him. Something happened on his last official visit that caused the coaching staff to remove it's offer to him. They never came out and said what happened, but I'm heard at least 4 different romurs on it (probably none of witch are true). Basicly, I just think he showed that he wasn't of the character of person that the coaches wanted. Gundy has let go of 13 players in his two years as coach. He's not going to let in a guy he thinks he might let go of later.

Zach

EnemyNumberOne
11/2/2006, 03:04 PM
Basicly, I just think he showed that he wasn't of the character of person that the coaches wanted. Gundy has let go of 13 players in his two years as coach. He's not going to let in a guy he thinks he might let go of later.

Say, like, Chris Collins?

picasso
11/2/2006, 03:16 PM
actually what really happened is he laughed when he saw Gundy in person. he said he couldn't believe a grown man had such a sweet hairdo.

OSUAggie
11/2/2006, 03:20 PM
or flopped something out and insisted something be done and he wasn't aware that he was talking to a daughter of a regent... something like that...

chris collins is innocent until proven guilty.... hopefully he won't be proven guilty until their playing days are over

Mac94
11/2/2006, 03:28 PM
From an A&M perspective the rumor that made the rounds on our side was that Goodson was trying to talk other kids into going to A&M while on his offical visit to oSu.

OSUAggie
11/2/2006, 03:33 PM
well whatever, it doesn't matter, he's @ A&M, hope he does well, very good talent

Mac94
11/2/2006, 03:37 PM
Yeah, it's all just part of the sometimes ugly world of recruiting. We've all gotten kids from other school and had kids dump us. Many of us Ags from the late 80's remember a kid named Harvey Williams ... not so good memories there as he dumped us late for rival LSU.

I will say, though, that oSu seems just fine at RB with the Savage kid, ya'lls offense is really getting good.

OSUAggie
11/2/2006, 03:46 PM
we'll see how good OSU's offense is this weekend.. It'll be very interesting to see whether or not A&M will be able to run the ball on OU... I think this is setting up as one of those games that OU comes out and dominates defensively against a hyped offense.... Good games in the Big XII this weekend.

poke4christ
11/2/2006, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the complements Mac. I do hope that he works out well for you.

You win some, you loose some. Goodson was on we lost on. Wether it was him being a moron or just switching his decision, he's talent we don't have (not that we are missing him too much with what we've got). However, an example of one we won would be Perish Cox. He changed his commitment from LSU to us on signing day and is allready providing a much needed help. It all evens out for the most part.

Zach

poke4christ
11/2/2006, 04:07 PM
actually what really happened is he laughed when he saw Gundy in person. he said he couldn't believe a grown man had such a sweet hairdo.

http://www.joeyjohnsonphotography.com/osu/images/osu05.jpg

"My hair is this tall without my headset on"

Zach

Harry Beanbag
11/2/2006, 04:37 PM

Is this an actual quote from Goodson? Because he never took an official visit to OU.

And the rumor I heard about him getting kicked out of Stoolwater had to do with $$$ requests, but I like the flopping it out one better.

swardboy
11/2/2006, 04:43 PM
Agfest '06.....

stoopified
11/2/2006, 04:44 PM
actually what really happened is he laughed when he saw Gundy in person. he said he couldn't believe a grown man had such a sweet hairdo.Heh

picasso
11/2/2006, 04:54 PM
Pokes came out ok in the RB dept. that Dantrannius Savage is a player.

and of course Nefarious Bowman too! Gundy has carved out some hidden gems ala Stoops in '99.

poke4christ
11/2/2006, 04:57 PM
Pokes came out ok in the RB dept. that Dantrannius Savage is a player.

and of course Nefarious Bowman too! Gundy has carved out some hidden gems ala Stoops in '99.

Let's hope if follows the same trend for the following year :D.

Zach

jk the sooner fan
11/2/2006, 05:36 PM

would your geographical prowress tell you the close proximity of College Station to Houston (his home town, where its not "boring")?

OK2LA
11/2/2006, 05:43 PM
Actually, we bailed on him. Something happened on his last official visit that caused the coaching staff to remove it's offer to him. They never came out and said what happened, but I'm heard at least 4 different romurs on it (probably none of witch are true). Basicly, I just think he showed that he wasn't of the character of person that the coaches wanted. Gundy has let go of 13 players in his two years as coach. He's not going to let in a guy he thinks he might let go of later.

Zach

Maybe he failed your spelling bee?

Boudreaux Aggie
11/2/2006, 05:59 PM
College Station is about an hour away from Houston. Where is Norman close too?

sooneron
11/2/2006, 06:00 PM
Houston hasn't rocked since the 80's.

picasso
11/2/2006, 06:10 PM
The Barry Switzer Center. it's got trophies and stuff.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/2/2006, 06:14 PM
The Barry Switzer Center. it's got trophies and stuff.

college station is next to a pet cemetary with a scoreboard....let the party begin

OSUAggie
11/2/2006, 06:38 PM
every time i party in big cities, it costs me more cash... i'd rather be in a smaller, college-town type place where booze and women are cheap than in houston or whatever... but i don't know how well college athletes are paid these days, either, so maybe cash doesn't matter... as far as college station being close to "the beach," galveston has nothing on lake thunderbird.....

OK2LA
11/2/2006, 06:41 PM

Did you mean to say:

"What is close to Norman?" (As in - Your school is not as attractive as ours because we are "close" to a large city) By the way - What in the fawk does this have to do with anything? And, you did mention that Houston is an HOUR away! . . . go to the airport, and you can fly to anywhere w/in an hour of OKC and it would be better than a drive to Houston.

or maybe you meant to say:

"Where is Norman close also?"

I dunno - I think that either way - it's just aggy.

OUMonster
11/2/2006, 06:55 PM
College Station is about an hour away from Houston.

Now THAT is something to brag about. :rolleyes:

I'm 20 miles from downtown Houston, but that doesn't make the area I'm in attractive.

sooneron
11/2/2006, 07:24 PM
Hells, my Mom's side of the family founded the place, it's no famous party town or garden spot!

goingoneight
11/2/2006, 11:29 PM
or flopped something out and insisted something be done and he wasn't aware that he was talking to a daughter of a regent... something like that...

chris collins is innocent until proven guilty.... hopefully he won't be proven guilty until their playing days are over

Is that like an Eddie Sutton factor? :confused:

raptor
11/3/2006, 11:16 AM

Wow...calling out an 18 year old kid because he changed his mind. So, do you hate J.D. Runnels for doing the same!

picasso
11/3/2006, 11:23 AM
Wow...calling out an 18 year old kid because he changed his mind. So, do you hate J.D. Runnels for doing the same!
he got a better offer. I'm sure the same as Goodson.

what's yer mom's excuse?

raptor
11/3/2006, 11:24 AM
he got a better offer. I'm sure the same as Goodson.

what's yer mom's excuse?

:pop:

Paperclip
11/3/2006, 11:34 AM
Many of us Ags from the late 80's remember a kid named Harvey Williams ... not so good memories there as he dumped us late for rival LSU.

Is that the kid with the giraffe neck that played for the Raiders?

Mac94
11/3/2006, 11:45 AM
yup

OSUAggie
11/3/2006, 01:08 PM
that was a helluva neck, maybe the all-time greatest neck in football

CobraKai
11/3/2006, 03:09 PM
that was a helluva neck, maybe the all-time greatest neck in football
What about Merton Hanks?

CobraKai
11/3/2006, 03:09 PM
As far as innocent until proven guilty, is that also the case with Bowman? Gundy kicked off players who were academically ineligble. No more, no less. He recruited more than one player that most other schools would not touch with a ten foot pole. I'm sure he personally researched their character, just like OSU did with Elliot.

CobraKai
11/3/2006, 03:13 PM

Not that it matters, but Norman is a suburb of OKC, a city of about 1.2 million people. I'm sure that does not sound very exciting to a non-Oklahoma Cityan, just like Houston is thought of as a dump by non-Houstonians.

OSUAggie
11/3/2006, 03:20 PM
As far as innocent until proven guilty, is that also the case with Bowman? Gundy kicked off players who were academically ineligble. No more, no less. He recruited more than one player that most other schools would not touch with a ten foot pole. I'm sure he personally researched their character, just like OSU did with Elliot.

Bowman was found innocent as the charges were dropped.... So yeah, I guess that is also the case... Most programs recruit players that other programs won't touch with a ten foot pole... If they can play, they get a chance... If they screw up their chance, they're gone....

The idiots @ OU.. They had their chance to play, they screwed it up, and now they're gone.... That's major college athletics, except some coaches don't always kick the player off the team after they screw up (Jimmy with Troy Smith, for example).

CobraKai
11/3/2006, 03:23 PM
Bowman was found innocent as the charges were dropped.... So yeah, I guess that is also the case... Most programs recruit players that other programs won't touch with a ten foot pole... If they can play, they get a chance... If they screw up their chance, they're gone....

The idiots @ OU.. They had their chance to play, they screwed it up, and now they're gone.... That's major college athletics, except some coaches don't always kick the player off the team after they screw up (Jimmy with Troy Smith, for example).

I personally agree, and I believe that kids deserve second chances. Lord knows I needed several. However, I don't think that Gundy kicked off every questionable person so he could run a squeaky clean program. I think he kicked off the guys that were flunking out anyway, and is recruiting athletes first, character second. Again, I'm not judging that behavior...if I was a coach I would probably do the same thing.

Texas Golfer
11/4/2006, 12:33 AM
Goodson is fast but not too bright. We're just going to have to decleat him every time he touches the ball.

Rogerson
11/4/2006, 12:48 AM
Houston the 4th largest city in the US....OKC can't even get top 15. oh, and Houston is in TEXAS! Last time i checked, oklahoma was a dump of nothing but emptiness and reservations....and some yokels.....think there's something wrong with Texas and ok is so great? then why do the majority of your grads move here? i've been to norman....it's an effin' dump. ou will fall off the map when they have to quit paying their recruits and stoops leaves for the dallas cowboy vacancy in Feb.

Landthief 1972
11/4/2006, 01:02 AM
Houston the 4th largest city in the US....OKC can't even get top 15. oh, and Houston is in TEXAS! Last time i checked, oklahoma was a dump of nothing but emptiness and reservations....and some yokels.....think there's something wrong with Texas and ok is so great? then why do the majority of your grads move here? i've been to norman....it's an effin' dump. ou will fall off the map when they have to quit paying their recruits and stoops leaves for the dallas cowboy vacancy in Feb.

Houston's also the leading city in the nation for pollution ...WAY TO GO!

Yeah, I've been to Amarillo, and I've driven through your dustbowl of a state all the way down to the coast, and you think we've got the market cornered on emptiness? GMAFB.

We have grads all over the nation... it just so happens that your state of egotistical rednecks managed to situate your doublewides in a bigger circle when they were drawing up the state's borders. It's pretty easy to brag about all the Okies you have when you're the largest continental state in the Union. Must be some more of that Texas small penis compensation.

Why would Stoops leave a job like OU to come work for the king of Botox sticking his nose in Bob's every movement?

Rogerson
11/4/2006, 01:08 AM
it makes me no difference what stoops does....i hate the cowboys and think his time on top at ou is quickly vanishing, esp if recruiting violations continue to occur (remember Sampson??).... as far as emptiness goes, it's not so bad when you have some areas of open space...it gives you a place to go when you want to get out of the urban environment...but in ok, you folks don't know what urban environment means.....at least arkansas has some mountains to visit.....hooray reservations and weak indie beer!

birddog
11/4/2006, 01:16 AM
as long as our players don't carry guns and smoke weed i feel pretty good about our program.

Rogerson
11/4/2006, 01:19 AM
might wanna address that one to the players in austin....no gun charges here.....

Landthief 1972
11/4/2006, 01:20 AM
it makes me no difference what stoops does....i hate the cowboys and think his time on top at ou is quickly vanishing, esp if recruiting violations continue to occur (remember Sampson??).... as far as emptiness goes, it's not so bad when you have some areas of open space...it gives you a place to go when you want to get out of the urban environment...but in ok, you folks don't know what urban environment means.....at least arkansas has some mountains to visit.....hooray reservations and weak indie beer!

Recruiting violations? Bomar and Quinn weren't recruiting violations, mouthbreather. And Stoops dropped those two idiots like a hot potato. Frannie boy would have covered it up as long as possible had it been the Pilsbury Lane Boy. You take an incident from basketball and think there's a pandemic in OU football? Is this the critical thinking skills they give you nut grabbers?

So let me get this straight, Oklahoma is just a state of emptiness... which is not so bad when you want to get out of the urban environment... which I guess means strip malls and smog that puts L.A. to shame. I'll take reservations over being the illegal immigration tollbooth any day. Now go back to your doublewide, all the flyover air traffic blew some of the tires off the roof.

birddog
11/4/2006, 01:21 AM
might wanna address that one to the players in austin....no gun charges here.....

ouch. i would give a little respect to you if you were a whorn. atleast they've won something.

Rogerson
11/4/2006, 01:30 AM
wow landthief, did i hit a nerve? the truth hurts doesn't it? i'm sorry ok can't be as big and well known as Texas, but life is hard and then you die. why don't you come to Texas sometime and see a REAL city for yourself. then you'll realize there's more here than strip malls and smog. think houston is bad, check this out genius..... http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/04/28/air.pollution/ put LA to shame? whatever....get your facts before you open your toothless mouth. i guess you assume all our homes are doublewides since that's all you see up there.....what a poor, poor waste of an existence you are....

birddog
11/4/2006, 01:33 AM
ags.:rolleyes:

city smack rules.

Soonerus
11/4/2006, 01:43 AM
wow landthief, did i hit a nerve? the truth hurts doesn't it? i'm sorry ok can't be as big and well known as Texas, but life is hard and then you die. why don't you come to Texas sometime and see a REAL city for yourself. then you'll realize there's more here than strip malls and smog. think houston is bad, check this out genius..... http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/04/28/air.pollution/ put LA to shame? whatever....get your facts before you open your toothless mouth. i guess you assume all our homes are doublewides since that's all you see up there.....what a poor, poor waste of an existence you are....

You represent your undesirable Aggies like a child, did you sneak onto Daddy's (or "Uncle's") computer ???

Landthief 1972
11/4/2006, 01:51 AM

A nerve? No, I just like toying with mental midgets who come to my board with some of the weakest smack I've seen since the OK Aggies starting trolling last November.

LOL... you're ONLY the 5th worst in smog pollution, and you think you've laid some smack down? LOL!

April 4, 2006- (Source: Houston Chronicle)

Smog Season Begins- April 1 signaled the start of Houston's smog season, one of the longest anywhere in the U.S. From now until the end of November, warm weather and clear skies will help pollutants form ground-level ozone. State environmental officials will issue a daily smog forecast.

Way to go, Houston! :rolleyes:

As I've said before, mullethead, I've been all over the Mexican Underground Railroad you call Texas, and if the best thing you can say about your state is that (1)it's bigger and that (2)your beacon of urban living is ONLY the 5th worst in the nation for pollution... well, then we're back to the whole penis compensation thing, aren't we? You ever been with a woman naked before - and I don't mean your prize-winning 4H sheep - who could verify/disprove this? :pop:

1stTimeCaller
11/4/2006, 02:13 PM
heh

KingDavid
11/4/2006, 07:11 PM

. . . . Norman is close to enjoying the eighth national championship of its hometown team.

Cam
11/4/2006, 07:19 PM
Congrats on being in the top 5 for something. I know it's a new feeling, so live it up.

crimson&cream
11/5/2006, 01:37 AM
Rogerson-Hum, didn't a national research just state Norman is one of the safest places to live. Of course a TexASSan wouldn't understand.
You do know how to tell if a Texassan is married???. by the tobacco spit stains on the outside of both his pickup doors.
Besides, Okla has one of the most varied Terrains of any state in the Union you dumb goofus, according to many national publications. WE have more coastline then the east coast and gulf coast combined -stupid. We have mountains to Idiot,, i.e. the Kiamichi's and Wichita's, Salt Plains, Little Sarhara, Black Mesa Etc Etc Etc the only thing TexASS does have that we don't is the Gulf caost line. Whoopie, we still have more coastline by our lakes, and Oh I forgot TexASS does like to brag about having bigger & better everything which you are the eptiome of- Ah-hum...holes. So, If we wanted any lip off you we'd peel it off our zipper's.

sooner518
11/5/2006, 02:01 AM
did he seriously just try to defend his hellhole of a city by citing an article where Houston ranked 5h in air pollution in the country? haha oh aggie......

StoopTroup
11/5/2006, 02:18 AM
Well...

At least it wasn't boring tonight in College Station.

I hope Goodson had a good time.

jk the sooner fan
11/5/2006, 08:34 AM
i think its funny when people from texas use the "landthief" thing....makes me realize how many of them are ignorant of their own state history

Landthief 1972
11/5/2006, 03:50 PM
i think its funny when people from texas use the "landthief" thing....makes me realize how many of them are ignorant of their own state history

Well, he was replying to me, and that IS my handle.

Gee, haven't heard from him today... wonder if he's drowning his sorrows in a deep breath of thick gooey smog. :texan:

crimson&cream
11/5/2006, 05:45 PM
Well, he was replying to me, and that IS my handle.

Gee, haven't heard from him today... wonder if he's srwoning his sorrows in a deep breath of thick gooey smog. :texan:
I find it amazing that TexASSans are so wrapped up in their TexASS delusions they know about nothing outside their hot air state, therfore just don't realize outside of TexASS they are not held in high regard because of their delusions just can't accept thats true.Most of them have minds about like a BB in a boxcar.

bluedogok
11/5/2006, 06:00 PM
He has to be from Houston because they are the only ones who like it there and the rest of Texas thinks it is a corrupt, chemical filled cesspool.

SoonerJLB
11/5/2006, 06:43 PM
Well...being only an hour from Houston, hour and 45 minutes from the beach.

Yeah and some "beach" that is...the toxic beach of Galveston. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Mixer!
11/5/2006, 08:30 PM
So who wants to make the "If the Alamo had a back door" joke? :D