PDA

View Full Version : More anti-Military BS from the left...

OklahomaTuba
11/2/2006, 09:00 AM
They just can't help it I guess.

Sad. :mad:

If Americans knew the full extent of U.S. criminal conduct, they would receive returning Iraqi veterans as they did Vietnam veterans, Hersh said.

“In Vietnam, our soldiers came back and they were reviled as baby killers, in shame and humiliation,” he said. “It isn’t happening now, but I will tell you – there has never been an [American] army as violent and murderous as our army has been in Iraq.”

http://www.mcgilldaily.com/view.php?aid=5450

1stTimeCaller
11/2/2006, 09:05 AM
thanks for spreading the message

crawfish
11/2/2006, 09:07 AM
How can there be days left in a king's reign?

Honestly, the only thing that keeps me from being too critical of the far right is the far left.

King Crimson
11/2/2006, 09:13 AM
support for the war should be mandatory.

OklahomaTuba
11/2/2006, 09:17 AM

No, support & respect for our troops, instead on constant ridicule and slander, should be IMO.

King Crimson
11/2/2006, 09:19 AM
would you say your attitude toward people you disagree with is one of respect or constant ridicule and slander?

Vaevictis
11/2/2006, 09:23 AM
Seymour Hersh is known to ... stretch the truth (a lot) while delivering speeches. He's on the record as admitting it.

OklahomaTuba
11/2/2006, 09:23 AM
would you say your attitude toward people you disagree with is one of respect or constant ridicule and slander?

Which kind of people do I disagree with?

And are you saying you disagree with the soliders who fight and defend this nation?

King Crimson
11/2/2006, 09:30 AM
you know the answer to the first question so it's rhetorical quality is, at best, a paucity.

no, my g-dad has a purple heart and an air corps medal of honor...and my dad was an army ranger in vietnam. but, i just don't see why you think that support of this war should be an unqualified expectation of all americans. to me, it's not about anything other than establishing a permanent military presence and controlling a pipeline.

the administration has denied (in typically Orwellian fashion--i.e. "stay the course.....) that it's about Al Qaeda and Hussein working together.

Tuba, i respect that you take the time to be concerned and, in your way, educate yourself about these things......but i don't agree with you.

my last post in this thread.

TUSooner
11/2/2006, 09:37 AM
...Honestly, the only thing that keeps me from being too critical of the far right is the far left.
Exactly !!
and vice-versa

But why do we need to get all bent out of shape everytime some obscure loony makes an exteme statement? And by "we" I mean Tuba.

No more posts on this thread for me.

Vaevictis
11/2/2006, 09:44 AM
But why do we need to get all bent out of shape everytime some obscure loony makes an exteme statement? And by "we" I mean Tuba.

Heh, just stumbled upon an apropos quote: "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." -- Winston Churchill.

bri
11/2/2006, 09:48 AM
So, since when does one guy equal "They"? Did the crackpot have a crazy mouse in his pocket?

Fugue
11/2/2006, 09:52 AM
Seymour Butts is known to ... stretch the truth (a lot) while delivering speeches. He's on the record as admitting it.

I did hear though that he is quite the author. He apparently has a fondness for park benches.

1stTimeCaller
11/2/2006, 09:54 AM
Tuba spreads a lot of hateful messages about our troops.

bri
11/2/2006, 09:57 AM
Tuba spreads a lot of hateful messages about our troops.

What, you mean sorta like CNN reporting on terrorist recruitment videos by showing one? Nonsense, that's just crazy talk with a side of poppycock, I say!

leavingthezoo
11/2/2006, 10:15 AM
i'm starting to think Tuba is a radical liberal pretending to be a radical pub. he pushes the whacky far left agenda with much more passion than he does the whacky far right.

crawfish
11/2/2006, 10:17 AM

Wow...either you're in full support of the war or you spit on the troops.

I had mistakenly thought there might be some middle ground.

Okla-homey
11/2/2006, 10:19 AM
My take on this is that some on the left (especially old Viet-nam era peaceniks) are disappointed they have not been able to stoke anti-war sentiment on the scope and scale of the great demonstrations and resistance episodes of the Viet-nam era.

I believe such widespread and extreme anti-war sentiment has not materialized primarily because of one simple reason. Namely, during the 60's and 70's, guys were drafted and sent to SEA against their will. Today, the force is all volunteer.

Therefore, activist guys like the crew who comprised the Chicago Seven (or Eight) defendants can't get any traction to organize widespread resistance on college campii. Put another way, life in America is generally unaffected by the war. Kids in college don't seem to really care about stopping the war because they don't fear being sent to fight in it.

Sure, you see the occasional college kid sporting a "peace" button, or "W" with the red slash running diagonally across it, attached to their North Face backpack. You even still see a few faded "No Blood for Oil" stickers on the back of oil-guzzling vehicles. But, for the most part, nowhere near the passion or energy we saw during that earlier time.

I've always believed most of that high-toned anti-war sentiment and "give peace a chance" stuff of the 60's and early 70's was mostly about "give peace a chance...so I don't have to go get my a$$ shot at after my college draft deferment expires"

In the end, it's all about whose ox is being gored.

That's all I have to say about that.

Fugue
11/2/2006, 10:20 AM
i'm starting to think Tuba is a radical liberal pretending to be a radical pub. he pushes the whacky far left agenda with much more passion than he does the whacky far right.

go on....

or am I completely misunderstanding your post? :D

leavingthezoo
11/2/2006, 10:25 AM
go on....

or am I completely misunderstanding your post? :D

you understood right. next time i'm on a cliff, come stand in front of me. :mad:

bri
11/2/2006, 10:28 AM
A cliff, huh?

Kinky!

leavingthezoo
11/2/2006, 10:30 AM
you understood right. next time i'm on a cliff, come stand in front of me. :mad:

but wait in line 'cause Bri's first. :mad:

yermom
11/2/2006, 10:32 AM
My take on this is that some on the left (especially old Viet-nam era peaceniks) are disappointed they have not been able to stoke anti-war sentiment on the scope and scale of the great demonstrations and resistance episodes of the Viet-nam era.

I believe such widespread and extreme anti-war sentiment has not materialized primarily because of one simple reason. Namely, during the 60's and 70's, guys were drafted and sent to SEA against their will. Today, the force is all volunteer.

Therefore, activist guys like the crew who comprised the Chicago Seven (or Eight) defendants can't get any traction to organize widespread resistance on college campii. Put another way, life in America is generally unaffected by the war. Kids in college don't seem to really care about stopping the war because they don't fear being sent to fight in it.

Sure, you see the occasional college kid sporting a "peace" button, or "W" with the red slash running diagonally across it, attached to their North Face backpack. You even still see a few faded "No Blood for Oil" stickers on the back of oil-guzzling vehicles. But, for the most part, nowhere near the passion or energy we saw during that earlier time.

I've always believed most of that high-toned anti-war sentiment and "give peace a chance" stuff of the 60's and early 70's was mostly about "give peace a chance...so I don't have to go get my a$$ shot at after my college draft deferment expires"

In the end, it's all about whose ox is being gored.

That's all I have to say about that.

i get the feeling there is a lot of the opposite extreme as well. would there be so many fervent proponents of the war if they knew they had a chance of being sent over there?

JohnnyMack
11/2/2006, 10:36 AM
i get the feeling there is a lot of the opposite extreme as well. would there be so many fervent proponents of the war if they knew they had a chance of being sent over there?

Heh.

Good one hippie.

Fugue
11/2/2006, 10:39 AM

heh

sorry, I'll stop. feel free to neg. It's the drugs posting, not me.

leavingthezoo
11/2/2006, 10:45 AM
heh

sorry, I'll stop. feel free to neg. It's the drugs posting, not me.

somewhere God is erasing your name from the book of life. :mad:

NormanPride
11/2/2006, 10:47 AM
http://www.homevideos.com/photosaction/eraser.jpeg

Okla-homey
11/2/2006, 10:50 AM

I doubt it. Old men in armchairs make the wars. Young men do the fighting and dying. Its always been that way.

Fugue
11/2/2006, 10:56 AM
somewhere God is erasing your name from the book of life. :mad:

yeah, that's pretty much standard when you decide to be a poster on the SO. :D

mdklatt
11/2/2006, 11:09 AM

From the America-haters' lips to Tuba's ears....

yermom
11/2/2006, 11:13 AM
I doubt it. Old men in armchairs make the wars. Young men do the fighting and dying. Its always been that way.

playing people like pawns in chess ;)

Tear Down This Wall
11/2/2006, 11:44 AM
Look, career leftists like Hersh are still pis*sed off about the fall of the Soviet Union. He was a chief "useful idiot" of the Communist Bloc back in the day. He's now a pathetic, aging hack. My eight month old son makes more sense with his babble than Hersh does with his.

The most pathetic thing about Hersh is that he's one of these anti-Israel Jews who believes America pulls the strings of Israel in every last detail of their government. It's a shame idiots of this stripe still spew their tripe, but they do. This is the type of fellow who is happy Iran and North Korea are pursuing nuclear weaponry.

Seymour Hersh...a true idiot in every sense of the word.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/2/2006, 11:56 AM
I am glad the right doesn't get lumped in with the far right Christian Zealots and the KKK or the crazy gun militia's. Some people like to live in a black and white world.....there is infinite shades of gray and both sides are crazy

Tear Down This Wall
11/2/2006, 12:00 PM
There is gray in the world, but Hersh is definitely not one who resides, or who has ever resided, in the gray.

Gray is John McCain. Gray is Evan Bayh. Gray is not Seymour Hersh, and he has a long trail of writings to prove it.

Rhino
11/2/2006, 12:12 PM
He's a witch! Burn him!

bri
11/2/2006, 12:16 PM
but wait in line 'cause Bri's first. :mad:

You know it, toots. #1 in your program, #1 in your heart.

Rogue
11/2/2006, 12:21 PM
SH does not speak for the left. He is like our (insert most looney preacher rant of the day here). He's clearly out of line.

Sooner_Bob
11/2/2006, 01:06 PM
Never heard of the dude . . .

mdklatt
11/2/2006, 01:09 PM
Never heard of the dude . . .

You have now thanks to OklahomaTuba, the master propagandist for America haters everywhere.

Ike
11/2/2006, 01:16 PM
Just to be clear. thats not the left speaking there. thats a ****ing lunatic.

Czar Soonerov
11/2/2006, 01:20 PM

http://img.consumating.com/photos/15240/large/98443.jpg

:hot: :eek: :pop:

OU4LIFE
11/2/2006, 01:23 PM
"there has never been an [American] army as violent and murderous as our army has been in Iraq"

good. It's war, not a game of checkers. You don't get a second chance to stay alive.

Czar Soonerov
11/2/2006, 01:25 PM
King me.

OklahomaTuba
11/2/2006, 01:25 PM
You have now thanks to OklahomaTuba, the master propagandist for America haters everywhere.

Heh,

Just quoting liberals = propaganda.

Makes sense I guess.

OklahomaTuba
11/2/2006, 01:27 PM
Just to be clear. thats not the left speaking there. thats a ****ing lunatic.

Would that explain John F. Kerry as well???

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/2/2006, 01:51 PM
Just to be fair, I don't think Kerry really hates our troops, I think his speaking skills are on par with Bush's, he doesn't always think his comments out and it makes him look like an asshat

leavingthezoo
11/2/2006, 02:00 PM
http://img.consumating.com/photos/15240/large/98443.jpg

:hot: :eek: :pop:

BOOOOOOOO! :mad: :mad: :mad:

mdklatt
11/2/2006, 02:27 PM
Heh,

Just quoting liberals = propaganda.

Liberals, terrorists, radical Muslim clerics, America-haters of all stripes...you're a mouthpiece for every one of them. It's like you're a PR rep for Hugo Chavez or something.

Wait a minute...you work in marketing for an oil company right? Marketing...PR...oil company...CITGO...OMFG!!!!! We've been had y'all! Tuba is an America hater! It all makes so much sense now!

Bravo, senor, bravo. This has to be the best stealth marketing campaign of all time. I hope El Presidente slips a few extra bolivars in your paycheck this month.

OklahomaTuba
11/2/2006, 04:02 PM
Liberals, terrorists, radical Muslim clerics, America-haters of all stripes...you're a mouthpiece for every one of them. It's like you're a PR rep for Hugo Chavez or something.

Wait a minute...you work in marketing for an oil company right? Marketing...PR...oil company...CITGO...OMFG!!!!! We've been had y'all! Tuba is an America hater! It all makes so much sense now!

Bravo, senor, bravo. This has to be the best stealth marketing campaign of all time. I hope El Presidente slips a few extra bolivars in your paycheck this month.

Does this mean we can hang out now? Sounds like we have a lot in common. :P

mdklatt
11/2/2006, 04:06 PM
Does this mean we can hang out now?

I don't like America haters.