PDA

View Full Version : Places to eat in Aggieland

MiccoMacey
11/2/2006, 08:54 AM
1. C&Js Bar B Que - My all-time favorite restaraunt. I love it. There are two places to eat - the original restaraunt is a converted gas station on Harvey Road and HWY 30 (the road the mall is on). There is another location on Texas Avenue in Bryan. Absolutely great BBQ. And the Turkey is the bomb-diggity. I've never gotten a bad rib there. There aren't a lot of choices for sides...this is strictly a meat lover's place.

2. Freebirds - Kind of like an Atomic Burrito. But better. And the "Monster" size is freakin' huge. You'd have to be pretty hungry to eat one. One's on Texas Avenue near Holloman, and one is farther south off Rock Prarie Road.

3. Koppe Bridge - Great hamburgers. Two locations, one on the same road as the original C&Js. The other on the south and west side of College Station somewhat near the stadium on Wellborn Road.

4. Dixie Chicken - Everyone knows about this place already. Great for a college hangout. Plus, many a drunk sorority chick will hang out here. Watched a few try to get their rings - an old A&M tradition. Drop your senior class ring into the bottom of a pitcher of beer. Gotta chug it to get your ring. Fun times.

If I think of any more, I'll write them down.

fadada1
11/2/2006, 09:15 AM
sonic

BIG_IKE
11/2/2006, 09:16 AM
Joporkie Lane's Dorm room. Good eats man..good eats...

Mac94
11/2/2006, 10:01 AM
Joporkie Lane's Dorm room. Good eats man..good eats...

But you'd have to beat him to them ... and that's the trick. ;)

mrowl
11/2/2006, 10:05 AM
Double Daves. pepperoni rolls.

BIG_IKE
11/2/2006, 10:33 AM
heh...
I actually went to the R.C. Slocum Football Camp summer after my Junior Year when Coach Les Koenning Jr. was recruiting me as a wideout. And the best food I had there was the CAIN HALL DINING FACILITY...no joke. That was 13 years ago though...I remember I was roommates with Troy Walters, who is in the NFL now after he got a scholarship to Stanford. A&M recruited me and never offered me a scholarship....bastards

raptor
11/3/2006, 12:50 AM
heh...
I actually went to the R.C. Slocum Football Camp summer after my Junior Year when Coach Les Koenning Jr. was recruiting me as a wideout. And the best food I had there was the CAIN HALL DINING FACILITY...no joke. That was 13 years ago though...I remember I was roommates with Troy Walters, who is in the NFL now after he got a scholarship to Stanford. A&M recruited me and never offered me a scholarship....bastards

Cain Hall closed down this year.... :(

Harry Beanbag
11/3/2006, 06:51 AM
1. C&Js Bar B Que - My all-time favorite restaraunt. I love it. There are two places to eat - the original restaraunt is a converted gas station on Harvey Road and HWY 30 (the road the mall is on). There is another location on Texas Avenue in Bryan. Absolutely great BBQ. And the Turkey is the bomb-diggity. I've never gotten a bad rib there. There aren't a lot of choices for sides...this is strictly a meat lover's place.

Interesting choice of words considering the location.

http://www.utexasclan.com/images/squeeze.gif

BIG_IKE
11/3/2006, 07:19 AM
ahahaha...

Shooter Mcgavin
11/3/2006, 08:12 AM
Interesting choice of words considering the location.

http://www.utexasclan.com/images/squeeze.gif

Is that one of there traditions?

superag79
11/3/2006, 10:12 AM

2. Freebirds - Kind of like an Atomic Burrito. But better. And the "Monster" size is freakin' huge. You'd have to be pretty hungry to eat one. One's on Texas Avenue near Holloman, and one is farther south off Rock Prarie Road.

3. Koppe Bridge - Great hamburgers. Two locations, one on the same road as the original C&Js. The other on the south and west side of College Station somewhat near the stadium on Wellborn Road.

4. Dixie Chicken - Everyone knows about this place already. Great for a college hangout. Plus, many a drunk sorority chick will hang out here. Watched a few try to get their rings - an old A&M tradition. Drop your senior class ring into the bottom of a pitcher of beer. Gotta chug it to get your ring. Fun times.

Some changes. C&J's opened another location on Wellborn south of the stadium on the corner of Southwest Parkway. There is a Freebirds on Northgate on the North side of campus in the strip of bars. Koppe Bridge has a new place East of town on University across Hwy 6 really close to the original C&J's.

Also try Mi Cocina south of the stadium across the street. Laynes and Caines both chicken strip places with great sauce. And Wings & More just a wings place one on University towards Hwy 6 and another south of town on 6 and Deacon.

instigator
11/3/2006, 11:10 AM

The Monster is easy. It's the Super Monster that is the big one. I've eaten two of them and gone for ice cream afterwards. :pop:

MRNOTDUCKS
11/3/2006, 11:39 AM
Quit lying!

11/3/2006, 11:44 AM
I'm not sure I'd be bragging.

MiccoMacey
11/3/2006, 12:53 PM
The Monster is easy. It's the Super Monster that is the big one. I've eaten two of them and gone for ice cream afterwards. :pop:

That's what Mrs. Instigator says about you. :D

King Crimson
11/3/2006, 12:56 PM
do they have any places where you use, like, forks and spoons and stuff in B/CS?:D

Tulsa_Fireman
11/3/2006, 03:40 PM
do they have any places where you use, like, forks and spoons and stuff in B/CS?:D

At the rest homes. You can't just POUR hot soup down an old person's piehole!

IronSooner
11/3/2006, 04:22 PM
I'm not sure I'd be breathing.

Not sure I would either after all that.

josh09
11/3/2006, 04:39 PM

living in houston, ive known about freebirds for awhile, and let me tell you its probably the best food ive ever eaten. alot of whorns and ags hang out there, but its still incredible food. and yes, the monsters are pretty big, but its the SUPER monsters that you have to watch out for. if you conquer that humongous thing, your my hero.

anyways, you cant go to college station without visiting a freebirds. there are about 4 of them in the whole town, and one right across the street from the campus.

josh09
11/3/2006, 04:42 PM
Double Daves. pepperoni rolls.

word to that too

josh09
11/3/2006, 04:43 PM

bull. that sucker is huge.

if you did, then i worship you. :D

North Texas Ag
11/3/2006, 07:52 PM
Freebirds and the Monster is for the HUNGRY .

At the DIXIE CHICKEN , in the back of the place they have a grill . Excellent burgers, etc.

Both are at Northgate located on University Drive.

I would suggest parking behind Northgate for the game , get a brew , etc coming and going. Its only about a 10 min easy walk to Kyle from there