PDA

View Full Version : Troop Packages

SicEmBaylor
11/2/2006, 12:55 AM
I asked this question in a PM to Homey, but thought I'd present it to the collective as well...

I have quite a few sacks in my living room of donations made to troops that need to be shipped. I'm not sending it to anyone specific, so how exactly does that work? If I take it to the Post Office will they know where to send it?

Are there any special postage rates for sending care packages to troops?

Frozen Sooner
11/2/2006, 12:57 AM
SicEm, PM me. My Aunt runs a donation program for the troops. You'll like her, actually.

Sooner_Havok
11/2/2006, 01:00 AM
There are also all these

click me (http://www.americasupportsyou.mil/AmericaSupportsYou/send_packages.html)

Frozen Sooner
11/2/2006, 01:02 AM
Yeah, that might work better. :D

Aunt Pat probably doesn't want to get random calls from my internet friends. ;)

olevetonahill
11/2/2006, 01:20 AM
Yup an for like 8 bucks and change you can send a box
check with ur post office ;)

jk the sooner fan
11/2/2006, 07:03 AM
or, since you're just down the road from Fort Hood.....you can contact their public affairs office and give the stuff to a family support group that has soldiers deployed...they'll get it over there

Taxman71
11/2/2006, 10:08 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about shrinkage.

jk the sooner fan
11/2/2006, 10:15 AM
or you can wait till february/march and start sending them to jk2's unit.....

crawfish
11/2/2006, 10:15 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about shrinkage.

Why do you hate the troops? :mad:

OUDoc
11/2/2006, 10:21 AM
He likes large genitals evidently. :D

picasso
11/2/2006, 10:30 AM
I asked this question in a PM to Homey, but thought I'd present it to the collective as well...

I have quite a few sacks in my living room of donations made to troops that need to be shipped. I'm not sending it to anyone specific, so how exactly does that work? If I take it to the Post Office will they know where to send it?

Are there any special postage rates for sending care packages to troops?
my old lady sent a ton of boxes to her relative over there. the little kids in her school all wrote notes and letters to the soldiers and of course they sent food, and other items. via post office.

Taxman71
11/2/2006, 11:14 AM

Nobody said it had to be US troops did they? You can't tell me North Koreans don't suffer shrinkage, I watch M*A*S*H.