PDA

View Full Version : Other than Aggie QB...

Soonerus
11/1/2006, 11:06 PM
...anything really to worry about....I do not think so....

Paperclip
11/1/2006, 11:19 PM
Goodson's got some wheels.

Soonerus
11/1/2006, 11:21 PM
Crowd will probably collapse on themselves...

Sooner_Havok
11/1/2006, 11:22 PM
That fat running back kid is like a bowling ball. If we can force them to run the ball early with him the kid shouldn't be a factor in the fourth.

Soonerus
11/1/2006, 11:23 PM
He may eat ball...

birddog
11/1/2006, 11:50 PM
yeah, jorvorski lane can cause some problems.

but i think our d will take 'er up another notch or 3 and hold them under 20.

us 27
them 17

raptor
11/1/2006, 11:52 PM
He may eat ball...

The baylor DC said they were happy to have contained J-Lane for the game this past saturday.

Let me see...

12 rushes
53 yards
1 TD

and a victory for Texas A&M....

yep, good job in stopping J-Lane

Sooner_Havok
11/1/2006, 11:55 PM
The baylor DC said they were happy to have contained J-Lane for the game this past saturday.

Let me see...

12 rushes
53 yards
1 TD

53 yards? OH MY GOD!!!!:rolleyes:

Soonerus
11/1/2006, 11:57 PM
53 yards that might get you a field goal attemt every 3 or 4 quarters....scary...

SeattleOUstudent
11/2/2006, 12:40 AM

Let me see...

12 rushes
53 yards
1 TD

They really shouldnt let 15 year olds post. Dude....those rushing stats are pathetic. Doesnt exactly sound like A&M was pounding the ball. Actually, the stats you posted do kinda look like Baylor stopped the rush attack.

Sooner_Havok
11/2/2006, 12:43 AM
Why won't anyone take me cereal? I am totally being cereal you guys!

fixed :D

snp
11/2/2006, 12:55 AM
They have some freakish deal with the devil where they're really good on offense and defense on 3rd downs but suck the rest of the time. 1 outta 3 ain't bad.

Goodsen's looking pretty impressive also. Can't figure out the deal with Courtney Lewis. Is he still kinda injured? One of the active leaders in rushing and a fatso and a freshman are getting all the handles.

Fraggle145
11/2/2006, 03:37 AM

Let me see...

12 rushes
53 yards
1 TD

havent we been warned about this tool... :mad:

Harry Beanbag
11/2/2006, 06:39 AM
http://www.utexasclan.com/images/squeeze.gif

11/2/2006, 06:44 AM
As Paperclip said, freshman Goodson is quick. He is maturing each game and can fly if he finds an opening. TE Martellus Bennett (soph) is getting more throws of late. He's a big target and can be a playmaker. Lane is Lane. He probably won't light up the stats in this game, but he is capable of lumbering for a yard or two when they are most needed.

swardboy
11/2/2006, 09:04 AM

Let me see...

12 rushes
53 yards
1 TD

Actually, those stats puzzle me...at 4 1/2 yards a pop, why only 12 carries?

ichthusag
11/2/2006, 09:18 AM

McGee 17 for 89 (5.2 per carry), passing 21-12-0 215 2
The Goods 8 for 96 ( he was 4.5 per carry without the long one)

Baylor geared to stop Lane. Fran just went elsewhere. He gave it to Lane enough to keep them packed inside.

Mac94
11/2/2006, 09:38 AM
Offensivelly, we can do some things. Our running attack can come from different players; McGee, Lane, Goodson, and Lewis ... all bring something to the table.

Passing we have two good TE's in Thomas and Bennett and we have decent enough wideouts to keep you honest.

If McGee is on target in the passing game we'll move the ball. We'll have to present some balance because OU is to good to move the ball against if we're one deminsional.

Defensively we are very schitzo ... playing well one half and looking like the past few years the other. Our pass defense is still shakey so if Paul is on target he and Kelly could have big games.

Texags
11/2/2006, 09:40 AM
yeah, jorvorski lane can cause some problems.

but i think our d will take 'er up another notch or 3 and hold them under 20.

us 27
them 17
That would be the first time that yall held us that low in Kyle Field since the Big 12 started.

YEAR OU - A&M
1996 16 - 33
1998 0 - 29
2000 35 - 31
2002 26 - 30
2004 42 - 35
2006 ?? - ??

When you factor in that this is the most talented offense that A&M has had since the Big 12 started and this is the game of the year (up to this point) for A&M, I just don't see our offense getting held to 17. We'll probably go for it on 4th down a lot and use a lot of trick plays to get as many points on the board as possible.

Ash
11/2/2006, 09:45 AM

Because if Japorkie ran any more than that his heart would explode. People talk about him like he's 270 pounds of rock solid muscle - he's a fat *** that can still run, but not alot.

Texags
11/2/2006, 09:56 AM
Because if Japorkie ran any more than that his heart would explode. People talk about him like he's 270 pounds of rock solid muscle - he's a fat *** that can still run, but not alot.

This is true. I think the most carries he's had in a row is 6... then he needed to get on oxygen.

OUDoc
11/2/2006, 10:01 AM
That would be the first time that yall held us that low in Kyle Field since the Big 12 started.

You guys have had a lot of firsts at Kyle Field recently. Most of them bad. I'd agree we keep you under 20 or so.

MRNOTDUCKS
11/2/2006, 10:08 AM

The Missouri D needed oxygen to try and keep up with Lane in the 4th quarter. This kid feeds off of people telling him he shouldn't be able to do things because he's too big. And then he goes out and proves them wrong.

Ash
11/2/2006, 10:10 AM
The Missouri D needed oxygen to try and keep up with Lane in the 4th quarter. This kid feeds off of people telling him he shouldn't be able to do things because he's too big. And then he goes out and proves them wrong.

Imagine how good he'd be if he stepped away from the buffet line.

Props to the tubbo for being able to do what he can, but it's never good when your running back's gut is bigger than the coach's beer belly.

Texags
11/2/2006, 10:20 AM
Imagine how good he'd be if he stepped away from the buffet line.

I wish that he could see it that way.

I think if he lost 25 pounds the right way where he only lost the fat, he'd be a definite first day pick in the NFL draft.

It's good that he can still run as a fat arse, but I think he would be one of the best backs in the Big 12 if he lost some weight.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
11/2/2006, 10:29 AM
Sorry I'm not too worried about Fat Bastard having much success against OU. Goodson and Bennett on the other hand could make some big plays.

I don't think ATM does too much on offense. The question is how well will our offense play on the road and do we take care of the ball. ATM isn't going to let us run all over them like MU did. I think we can get it done but I think this is our toughest game the rest of the year probably including whoever we meet in a bowl game.

snp
11/2/2006, 11:32 AM

Fortunately for us, we are not Missouri's defense.

TexasAggie
11/3/2006, 08:05 PM
I'd say Mike Goodson & Martellus Bennett. And the thing about Jorvorskie is that even though you know he's going to get the ball, especially in short yardage situations, it takes about 5+ players to bring him down.

Safe travels to Aggieland, Sooners.

Gig'em.

1991SOONER
11/3/2006, 09:52 PM
If you have to sit in the Aggie section you'd better at least find an Ag of the opposite sex (and an attractive one if thats possible) because one of their stupid rituals is to give a big wet sloppy kiss to whoever is sitting next to them when they make a touchdown. At least thats what I was told at work today.

Consider yourself warned.

Texas Golfer
11/4/2006, 12:23 AM
I watched McGee and Co. hurt Baylor badly with the option. McGee keeps it most of the time so our first priority is to clean McGee's clock on every option play.

Soonerus
11/4/2006, 12:28 AM
McGee looks like Nolan Cromwell reincarnated...TAMU cadets and yell practice fans are assinine...talk about needing a new sticht...

Rogerson
11/4/2006, 12:37 AM
Sooners, before you bash Lane and his size, and thus ability, let me remind you that in 2000, a similar back named Jamar Toombs had a run that was replayed all night on ESPN....oh, and on that run, he carried 4 sooner D-backs with him.....

and that was a natl champion defense.....same does not apply tomorrow

gig 'em.....lane gets 100 on the ground

Soonerus
11/4/2006, 01:06 AM
Wishful thinking personafied...fat *** will perform as well as Toombs....Lane eats 100 hot dogs on the ground...

Rogerson
11/4/2006, 01:11 AM
lane WILL perform better than toombs....he's a better athlete and smarter as well....oh yeah, and he'll be around next season unlike your boy bomar.....thanks for payin', i mean, playin'

Landthief 1972
11/4/2006, 01:13 AM
Sooners, before you bash Lane and his size, and thus ability, let me remind you that in 2000, a similar back named Jamar Toombs had a run that was replayed all night on ESPN....oh, and on that run, he carried 4 sooner D-backs with him.....

And who won that game? They didn't play that clip nearly as much as the one of Torrence Marshall running the INT back for 6.

If Lane gets 100 on the ground, it will be 100 M&Ms, or maybe 100 pounds of his gut dragging on the ground.

Soonerus
11/4/2006, 01:14 AM
lane WILL perform better than toombs....he's a better athlete and smarter as well....oh yeah, and he'll be around next season unlike your boy bomar.....thanks for payin', i mean, playin'

That is one of the least cogent posts I have read in a while...Oh yeah, it an A&M student....now I understand it...

Landthief 1972
11/4/2006, 01:24 AM

http://sum41.blogware.com/_photos/Stewie%202.GIF

HAHAHAHA! You see what I did there? I removed the "l" from "playin'" to make it "payin'" as a commentary on Bomar's indiscretions! Oh, that's clever... no, really, top notch.

SicEmBaylor
11/4/2006, 01:25 AM
Best of luck to you all. Please, if you get up 77 points on Aggie don't stop there. Go for the full hundred and make the rest of the Big XII into sooner fans.

Have a safe trip to the world's largest pet cemetery, and avoid sitting between two male Aggies.

bri
11/4/2006, 01:29 AM

Been sitting on that stunning witticism since August, have you?

All smack, even insanely feeble smack such as that, needs to be taken to Smack Central. Any more trash talking on the Football board earns you an all-expenses-paid vacation to Anywhere But Here...

FroggyStyle22
11/4/2006, 01:35 AM
That Toombs play was the most over-hyped play I've seen. It wasn't him carrying 4+ guys. It was ONE guy trying to tackle him and 3 idiots trying to strip the ball instead of just get him down.

bri
11/4/2006, 01:37 AM
Heh, welcome to "Tackling: The SOONER Way". :D

TACKLES ARE FOR PUSSIES! REAL MEN FORCE TURNOVERS!!!

sanantoniosooner
11/4/2006, 01:39 AM
You can't be a dirtburglar by tackling the land owner.

You have to strip it from him.

bri
11/4/2006, 01:42 AM
Heh.

I like that post so much, I wanna pay it $18,000 for six hours' work. :D

Soonerus
11/4/2006, 01:51 AM
No comment...

sanantoniosooner
11/4/2006, 01:52 AM
No comment...
GIS that phrase.

birddog
11/5/2006, 01:41 AM

YEAR OU - A&M
1996 16 - 33
1998 0 - 29
2000 35 - 31
2002 26 - 30
2004 42 - 35
2006 ?? - ??

When you factor in that this is the most talented offense that A&M has had since the Big 12 started and this is the game of the year (up to this point) for A&M, I just don't see our offense getting held to 17. We'll probably go for it on 4th down a lot and use a lot of trick plays to get as many points on the board as possible.

well, we held you UNDER 17.

and if this is your most talented offense, well good luck to you.

birddog
11/5/2006, 02:10 PM

i had when losers don't come back!!:mad:

Sooner_Havok
11/5/2006, 02:17 PM
I wonder where the Aggie went? Just two days ago they flooded this place, now they have vanished from sight. Must be some aggie nut squeezing holiday.