PDA

View Full Version : Bill Synder back in coaching?

Rhino
11/1/2006, 06:18 PM
Might happen. I've heard some rumblings besides this article too.

Fri, Oct. 27,
Colleges interested in Snyder

Prince gets backing from former K-State coach, who hasn’t ruled out a comeback.

By HOWARD RICHMAN
The Kansas City Star
Former Kansas State football coach Bill Snyder made a pitch Thursday for current Wildcats coach Ron Prince.

Snyder also said he’s been fielding a few pitches himself. Snyder, who wrote an open letter asking K-State fans to support Prince, revealed he’s been contacted by other colleges gauging his interest in making a coaching comeback in 2007.

“I’ve had a call or two,” Snyder told The Star on Thursday. He would not reveal the colleges that contacted him.

Would Snyder, 67, consider a return? He didn’t rule it out. “I’m going to wait till the season’s over and see how I feel about it. At this point, I’m comfortable,” Snyder said. “I have had no anxiety attacks.”

Snyder retired from K-State in 2005 after 17 years in charge of a program he revived from the ashes. He compiled a record of 136-68-1 and won the 2003 Big 12 championship.

As for the open letter, Snyder said there was no underlying reason he wrote it. Part of it read:

I have stated so very often that I came to Kansas State because of the people and I’ve stayed because of the people. I am now asking that you please afford that same caring and loyal support to Ron Prince, his staff and players. This is a difficult transition for them, as it would be for anyone, and they are working diligently to give you the very best product possible.

During the phone conversation, Snyder said the letter was his idea.

“No, no, no, no,” Snyder said when asked whether he wrote it because he has encountered disgruntled fans restless with the 4-4 Wildcats, who have lost four of five. “Ron and his staff are doing marvelous, and they’re on the right track.”

Sounds like he's thinking about it.

mdklatt
11/1/2006, 06:21 PM
If he's looking for another challenge he should go to Temple.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/1/2006, 06:25 PM
If he's looking for another challenge he should go to Temple.

WORD....Im laughing because im thinking of the eddie murphy joke were he told Stevie Wonder he wasnt impressed with his singing and piano playing.."if you wanna impress me, get behind the wheel"

In other Words...Bill Snyder at Temple would be like Stevie Wonder trying to drive....

critical_phil
11/1/2006, 07:26 PM
Might happen. I've heard some rumblings besides this article too.

i dunno.

looks like he's enjoying retirement to me:

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/199/dsc00070aayh5.jpg

goingoneight
11/1/2006, 08:17 PM
I hear the U is looking for someone... :D

KingDavid
11/1/2006, 09:23 PM
i dunno.

looks like he's enjoying retirement to me:

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/199/dsc00070aayh5.jpg

upsetting to say the least . . . :)

BASSooner
11/2/2006, 02:02 AM
I wonder if the U really is contacting him...

badger
11/2/2006, 02:07 AM
PLEASE not the U. We have to play them the next two years, and thugs beat up our quarterback in 2003 from his team. Eeep, look out!