PDA

View Full Version : It has been an absolutely GREAT DAY!!!

Osce0la
11/1/2006, 03:08 PM
I get in the car and go to work, only to find out there is a 6 car wreck on the interstate (by the time I hear the traffic report I am already stuck in the traffic) and it has delays for almost 10 miles - next traffic report says there is a wreck that happened in the middle of the traffic jam (probably because some idiot wasn't paying attention to the fact that everyone around him is stopped). I finally get off the interstate to find that (of course) many many other people had the same idea (so getting off the interstate really didn't help. I try to call and tell my boss I am going to be late and what happens? I get a message telling me my service has been disconnected...Why do I get this message? Because dumba** me never paid last month's cell phone bill!!! :mad: I stop and call from a pay phone and tell them I'll be there as soon as I can. I finally get to work at 8:45 (30 minute trip tops usually - took 1 1/2 hours today) and find out we had some trades that were supposed to settle today that had rejected. Since I got here late my boss has already started looking into these (found out it was the admin's error that caused the rejects, not mine) and he tells me we need to reverse "this guy". I reverse the one he tells me to reverse, only to get my settlement report in later showing that he had told me to reverse the WRONG ONE. :mad:

I get all that straightened out, go to lunch to pay my cell phone bill and have my phone turned back on, get to the light beside where I work and guess what?! My car messes up - it dies right there in front of my office building. Another half block and I would've been in the parking lot. Instead I have to leave it on the side of the road and walk inside. I finally got it to crank about 20 minutes later when I went back outside to try and see what was wrong with it.

Anyway, as they say - when it rains, it pours. It's been a great day.

:mad:

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/1/2006, 03:16 PM
Sorry you're having a craptacular day.

And also...'payphone'...heh.

crawfish
11/1/2006, 03:17 PM
Oh, and I forgot to tell you - I'm pregnant.

Viking Kitten
11/1/2006, 03:19 PM
Wait a minute... your thread title said you were having a great day. I am confused. Wait... were you being sarcastic?

Mongo
11/1/2006, 03:22 PM
go home and drink heavily

YWIA

Osce0la
11/1/2006, 03:27 PM
go home and drink heavily

YWIA
Don't think this hasn't already crossed my mind. I told someone I would call in tomorrow and Friday, but I know if I do that the idiot that would do my work for me would screw something else up and I'd have to fix that Monday.

Mjcpr
11/1/2006, 03:29 PM
When you decide to go postal, could you set up a webcam?

TIA

Ike
11/1/2006, 03:33 PM
brrrrring...
brrrrring...

Osce0la: Hello
Caller: Hi, its me Jane
Osce0la: Jane?
Jane: yeah, you know Jane Jane? we met at a party about, oh, six to eight weeks ago. You said I was a good sport.
Osce0la: Oh, Jane! How are you?
Jane: I'm pregnant and I'm going to jump off a 10 story building you insensitive bastard!
Osce0la: Say, you are a good sport.

(yeah, I stole this from Carlin, but thought it might be appropriate :D )

Osce0la
11/1/2006, 03:40 PM
When you decide to go postal, could you set up a webcam?

TIA
If I go postal it'll probably be a spur of the moment thing and probably won't think to have a webcam. I'll pull out the camera phone afterwards and post pics of the carnage though...That good enough?

Mjcpr
11/1/2006, 03:42 PM
That will be fine.

Thank you.