PDA

View Full Version : pokies v. wHorns

Okla-homey
11/1/2006, 02:35 PM
I admit it, I'm gonna pull for the flourescent orange wearers to defeat the mud orange wearers.

Is that wrong?

IB4OU2
11/1/2006, 02:39 PM
No, not at all, we need the mud oranges to lose...... so Go Pukes!

OU4LIFE
11/1/2006, 02:46 PM
I'd like to see a 5 overtime tie that escalates into a bench clearing, helmet swinging, kicking when they are down, brawl that forces the officials to end the game without declaring a winner.

ultimatesooner1
11/1/2006, 02:50 PM
SINK

HOLE

JohnnyMack
11/1/2006, 02:59 PM
I for one will NEVAR root for Aggie Lite. Evar. I think their fanbase is the worst I've evar had to put up with. Fugg 'em.

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/1/2006, 03:07 PM
I'd like to see a 5 overtime tie that escalates into a bench clearing, helmet swinging, kicking when they are down, brawl that forces the officials to end the game without declaring a winner.

That...would...RULE!!!

OU4LIFE
11/1/2006, 03:09 PM
then they could take it to whataburger and finish it off with the badeball and softball teams.

now we're talking.

jk the sooner fan
11/1/2006, 03:20 PM
this is the one game.......where if it were the only one being played, i would "unbecome" a football fan

i hope they both lose

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/1/2006, 03:21 PM
I'm rooting for the defense.

Osce0la
11/1/2006, 03:29 PM
Miami and FIU are playing again this weekend? :confused:

jk the sooner fan
11/1/2006, 03:32 PM
I'm rooting for the defense.

hopefully PAC 10 officials will somehow be involved in this game

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/1/2006, 03:38 PM
I for one will NEVAR root for Aggie Lite. Evar. I think their fanbase is the worst I've evar had to put up with. Fugg 'em.BRAVO!

crawfish
11/1/2006, 04:00 PM
I won't root for either. If the bright orange aggies win, I'll be glad that we're closer to winning the south...if puke orange wins, I'll laugh again at our silly little siblings.

Vaevictis
11/1/2006, 04:00 PM
I'm hoping for bowling ball sized hail.

OhU1
11/1/2006, 04:20 PM
I have no problem with the Ags and pull for them in all games other than when they play OU. I do feel more adversarial to OSU in baseball, basketball, and wrestling where they are actually competitive with us. Otherwise OSU seems like the little brother of OU and not enough of a rival to get worked up over. When people think of Oklahoma sports they think of OU not OSU. I also could care less about bad OSU fans as that is obvious envy of our superior program which I completely understand.

yermom
11/1/2006, 04:27 PM
i will be happy for us if the Pokes win

it would be funny to see the Orange cows lose, but i wouldn't say i'm rooting for the Pokes

Xstnlsooner
11/1/2006, 04:32 PM
Just can't bring myself to cheer for suck-wad ZERO state!!
TOO many a**holes masquerading as fans!!

sooner_born_1960
11/1/2006, 04:45 PM
If there is any way for Tejas to get two losses, I'll root for their opponent. Root is too strong a word.

OSUAggie
11/1/2006, 04:55 PM
I can't believe this many people are actually going to cheer for OSU (or at least not cheer against them)... I thought the hatred went a little deeper, but I guess I was wrong... I went to OU-Texas for the first time this year and my Sooner friend told me that when they come out with the state flags before the game I would be more prone to cheer for OU just b/c I would be cheering for the state that I so dearly love, and it worked... But after the flag left the field, and some of your more ... ignorant ... fans started yapping I remembered why I would never cheer for OU unless it directly benefits OSU in the immediate future.

yermom
11/1/2006, 04:59 PM
why would you care either way? it's not like OSU ever has a chance to win the South, all you can really do is wonder which team will embarrass you worse when you play. ;)

Boarder
11/1/2006, 05:15 PM
I can't believe this many people are actually going to cheer for OSU (or at least not cheer against them)... I thought the hatred went a little deeper, but I guess I was wrong... I went to OU-Texas for the first time this year and my Sooner friend told me that when they come out with the state flags before the game I would be more prone to cheer for OU just b/c I would be cheering for the state that I so dearly love, and it worked... But after the flag left the field, and some of your more ... ignorant ... fans started yapping I remembered why I would never cheer for OU unless it directly benefits OSU in the immediate future.
Well, let me restore your faith....

NEVER EVER ROOT FOR osu. Here's why (I've written this hundreds of times, it seems)

osu is a lose/lose institution. Meaning. If you beat them, you lose. they don't really care. No one else cares either because they're not recognized as an actual school or anything. If you win, you lose.

If you actually lose the game, well, it's Katy Bar The Door. Hideous orange seeps from everywhere. Case in point, last week. Everyone who heard something about how great osu was after they beat Nebraska raise your hands.

Can you imagine what will go on if osu actually beats texas? Oh the horror. There'll be aggy reserving Rose/Fiesta/Sugar/Orange bowl trips. Reid and Bowman will be 1 and 1a in the Heisman. There will be 5 count 'em 5 aggy come to the board. Pandemonium will ensue.

What do you think the horns will say if they win? Ho hum. Whoopie. As it should be.

Don't root for osu. Think of the kids.

jk the sooner fan
11/1/2006, 05:33 PM
if only aggie fans could act like they've been there before, rather than acting like they normally do when they win a "big game"

yermom
11/1/2006, 05:36 PM
and when have they been there before?

IB4OU2
11/1/2006, 05:36 PM

NEVER EVER ROOT FOR osu. Here's why (I've written this hundreds of times, it seems)

osu is a lose/lose institution. Meaning. If you beat them, you lose. they don't really care. No one else cares either because they're not recognized as an actual school or anything. If you win, you lose.

If you actually lose the game, well, it's Katy Bar The Door. Hideous orange seeps from everywhere. Case in point, last week. Everyone who heard something about how great osu was after they beat Nebraska raise your hands.

Can you imagine what will go on if osu actually beats texas? Oh the horror. There'll be aggy reserving Rose/Fiesta/Sugar/Orange bowl trips. Reid and Bowman will be 1 and 1a in the Heisman. There will be 5 count 'em 5 aggy come to the board. Pandemonium will ensue.

What do you think the horns will say if they win? Ho hum. Whoopie. As it should be.

Good point, can I change my vote? (I have to live with that crap)

I'll rely on K-Sate and A&M to put us in the conference championship.

birddog
11/1/2006, 05:45 PM
this is a boffin' your sister type situation. NO CAN DO.

i don't care who wins but texass is gonna smoke their arses. we know that.

11/1/2006, 06:02 PM

Don't root for osu. Think of the kids.Sanity reigns! BRAVO!

OSUAggie
11/1/2006, 06:02 PM

Thank you... that's kind of the logic I was expecting to see. Especially the point about Pokes coming out of the woodworks... You guys go ape**** hearing/reading about OSU and if OSU actually beat UT it'd be ridiculous.... Like front page of newspaper stuff...

I do have a ? for the Sooners.... Is the baseball/basketball/wrestling (<< I know some of you don't care about those sports, but a few Sooner fans do) series with OSU more enjoyable simply as a spectator due to the success OSU and OU both enjoy or would you rather all of the series be one-sided like football?

11/1/2006, 06:08 PM
Thank you... that's kind of the logic I was expecting to see. Especially the point about Pokes coming out of the woodworks... You guys go ape**** hearing/reading about OSU and if OSU actually beat UT it'd be ridiculous.... Like front page of newspaper stuff...

I do have a ? for the Sooners.... Is the baseball/basketball/wrestling (<< I know some of you don't care about those sports, but a few Sooner fans do) series with OSU more enjoyable simply as a spectator due to the success OSU and OU both enjoy or would you rather all of the series be one-sided like football?Are you trying to talk yourself into becoming a Sooner fan?

mdklatt
11/1/2006, 06:10 PM
Keep your eyes on the prize, people: We need two Texas losses.

Ike
11/1/2006, 06:10 PM
when in doubt, always root for natural disasters. they make for great TV.

Rogue
11/1/2006, 07:45 PM
Can't.
Root.
For.
Texas.

oSu, no sweat for me here in TN, but a bummer for those of you in OK.

OUHOMER
11/1/2006, 08:35 PM
i dont see texas losing 2 more games. So, like most of the rest you, I will not pull for either. however is texas makes it to a BCS it just means more money for all the teams, plus if the pukes win it could impact local recuriting. but for the most part screw both of them

olevetonahill
11/1/2006, 09:37 PM
I dont want em dead or nutthin . Im gonna root for both team busses to break down and neither show up :D

Sooner_Havok
11/1/2006, 11:17 PM
Hooray unexpected calamity :D

OU4LIFE
11/2/2006, 08:16 AM

I do have a ? for the Sooners.... Is the baseball/basketball/wrestling (<< I know some of you don't care about those sports, but a few Sooner fans do) series with OSU more enjoyable simply as a spectator due to the success OSU and OU both enjoy or would you rather all of the series be one-sided like football?

Well, at least you're admitting that the football is one-sided. That's a start. As long as football is going, the rest of the sports can suck it. My attention turns to them AFTER football. Come back in January and ask us again.

You are probably asking yourself "why January", well January is when the more prestigious bowl games are played. Being a lowered expectations state fan, I'm pretty sure you didn't know that.

I_SMELL_FEAR
11/2/2006, 10:36 AM

I was expecting something about a huge fire engulfing the stadium from you.

I dont care who wins. Either one losing is fun to watch, but especially aggy after visions of grandeur start to develop in their heads...

Sooner_Bob
11/2/2006, 01:10 PM
But after the flag left the field, and some of your more ... ignorant ... fans started yapping I remembered why I would never cheer for OU unless it directly benefits OSU in the immediate future.

Stillwater is full of . . . ignorant fans.