PDA

View Full Version : ags are getting hot and feeling disrespected....

King Crimson
11/1/2006, 09:47 AM
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=734901&msg_id=9587671

i put off my visit there this week....but, it didn't take long....

goingoneight
11/1/2006, 09:57 AM
Jeez, they apparently read way too far into things... What do they expect Bob to do, get scared and let his fear rub off on his team??? Typical aggy to spin-doctor a few Stoops sentences. Then again, the whorns are a bit worse at times. Like when AD hadn't signed for a USED LEXUS, and they started claiming he had a Rolls Royce parked in his three-car garage in his 4 million dollar home... Or was that OSU??? I don't know, they're all very strange to me...

KingDavid
11/1/2006, 10:00 AM
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=734901&msg_id=9587671

i put off my visit there this week....but, it didn't take long....

At the risk of being accosted . . . when Stoops laid out those comments, I did think to myself . . . "hmmm . . . that would have been better kept to oneself. No need to stir up this cult any more than necessary."

I am sure that thousands of aroused fAGGIES were stumbling over themselves trying to get to the jizz jar to re-affirm their might.

Oh well . . .

And while I'm on the subject of Stoops' press conference, does it seem to anyone else that he's unecessarily disdainful of the press? I'm sure they are obnoxious at times . . . but come on, man. No need to look down your nose at anyone like that, in my book.

Except the fAGGIES, of course. ;)

mrowl
11/1/2006, 10:17 AM
they should try actually having a sold out game before acting like "kyle field" is a tough place to play.

Schoonerbeer
11/1/2006, 10:24 AM
Maybe the faggies should build more seats for dead lassie field so they could not sell them also!!!!!

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sooner518
11/1/2006, 10:24 AM
aggies......

and how is this game their biggest game since Nebraska '98? 3 times in the past 6 years, we have gone in there as a top 5 team. This year we are #18. It's not like a monumental upset is brewing

and besides, I thought UT was their biggest game ever year.

TexasLidig8r
11/1/2006, 10:27 AM
What a dilemma..

On the one hand, we have aggy.. our own version of the mentally impaired Uncle Jake. The only school where, when you do something stupid one time it's just stupid... when you do something stupid more than one time, it becomes a tradition. It is just too easy to make fun of aggy with their historical ineptitude and delusional fan base. On the other hand, they ARE a school in Texas.

On the other hand, we have the Dirt Burglars... our true rival whose blood feud has entered its second century and because of your gridiron success, there is a begrudging respect.. and yet.. the vile animosity born and nurtured as our two teams line up and beat the hell out of each other cannot be ignored.

aggy, playing at home, working themselves up into an unholy jihad, once again, for you guys. They are going to run the ball.. again.. and again.. and again.. and again. On the other hand, will they be able to overcome the fact that Little Debbie Franocchio makes my man, Mack Brown, look like an Xs and Os genius?

And what helps Texas more in the BCS computer rankings? So many questions...

So... on to the football question.. how does OU defend aggy to stop their running attack (McGee can't win the game through the air)?

Jihad may prevail.

OUDoc
11/1/2006, 10:41 AM
Wow, they can't understand why were aren't scared? Seriously? The only fear I have is not knowing when the stands are going to crash to the ground.

oooo Bobby might be saying that, but I bet all the Spooners are shatting their pants as we speak!

I, for one, intend to yell even LOUDER now. I am actually contemplating yelling until my head explodes, or at least until a major blood vessel bursts (this usually happens in my right eye).

Scary. "Even louder." Wow. :rolleyes:
Maybe he goes to 11. He's one louder now, isn't he?

The more I learn about A&M, the less respect I have for that place.

KingDavid
11/1/2006, 10:58 AM
Jihad may prevail.

So you are calling it for the cult?

RacerX
11/1/2006, 11:00 AM
And while I'm on the subject of Stoops' press conference, does it seem to anyone else that he's unecessarily disdainful of the press?

I think it's necessary.

BIG_IKE
11/1/2006, 11:00 AM
Im tripping off the "COLLEGE FOOTBALLS TOUGHEST VENUE" comment....
Which made me do a little research.....

Which revealed that 9 of 12 Conference teams have won at Kyle in the last 10 years....AND...that the Aggies have lost 19 times in Kyle Field since joining the Big 12....significantly more than OU and the Whorns have at their respective fields. So..if your not even the toughest venue in your DIVISION of your CONFERENCE...how can you be College Footballs?

I mean...Army and the TEXAS STATE BOBCATS have came into that grabasstic brothel and nearly won in the ast 12 months. Iowa State came down there and embarrassed you.

Forgive me for not being scared.

We are undefeated when DJ Wolf does not get burnt...and he aint in the starting lineup, and your QB cant win with his arm.

MRNOTDUCKS
11/1/2006, 11:10 AM
One thing you have to realize is that A&M is a proud football program. There hasn't been anything to be proud about in the past few years. Everyone feels like we are on the precipice of something this season if we can beat the Sooners. That is why this is the biggest game of the year. That is why we circled this game on the calendar before the season started. With the Texas game being in Austin, the OU game is our best chance of beating one of the big two. That's what Fran was brought here to do, and the fans are holding him to that.

Bob Stoops didn't have to say anything about not being intimidated to play at Kyle Field to stir us up. Ags are already frenzied by being 8-1 coming into this game. Strength of schedule, blah, blah, blah. The fact is we may have started out against lesser opponents, but we are now holding our own against the conference as well.

What Stoops said has certainly thrown gasoline on the fire, but that's only because everyone around here is a little sensitive right now. The Sooners stand in our way of some much needed national attention and respect. The players and fans realize that, and that's why it's NOT going to be an average game at Kyle Field on Saturday. With all of the talk about bats and wild animals at Kyle Field, I'd say we the fans are going to be rabid. lol

OUMallen
11/1/2006, 11:11 AM
They played Army in San Antonio, I believe.

I fully recognize that A&M has a really good shot at beating us this weekend. I am just not going to tuck my tail over it.

Mac94
11/1/2006, 11:20 AM
and how is this game their biggest game since Nebraska '98? 3 times in the past 6 years, we have gone in there as a top 5 team. This year we are #18. It's not like a monumental upset is brewing

I think alot of this has more to do with A&M than ya'll. It's a big game ala 1998 Nebraska because it COULD propel us on to bigger and better things ... kind of a national statement game like that one was.

We've had tougher foes between now and that game on Oct 10th 1998, but the Aggie teams that were in those games were usually out of the south race or had suffered crushing losses that diminished us in the national media. This Aggie team has a mathmatical chance at the south ... we control our own destiny. And, Aggies want this team to "be back" and a win over OU with Gameday in attendence and ABC carrying the game in primetime could give us the kind of national boost like we haven't had since that win over the Huskers.

caphorns
11/1/2006, 11:22 AM
ESPN Gameday is coming to Kyle Field. A NFL franchise that visited something called the Super Bowl gave in to your little 12th Man thingy. What more respect do you need nationally aggies? Do you not realize that this is pretty much as good as it has been for you guys in a long time? Whatever happened to just accepting your moral victories and moving on?

Or maybe that's the story for next week going into the Nebbish game.

BIG_IKE
11/1/2006, 11:23 AM
With the Texas game being in Austin, the OU game is our best chance of beating one of the big two. That's what Fran was brought here to do, and the fans are holding him to that.

:eek: Are you SERIOUS??????

2003 Texas LOSS
2003 OU LOSS
2004 Texas LOSS
2004 OU LOSS
2005 Texas LOSS
2005 OU LOSS
2006 Texas :D
2006 OU :D

Good luck Fran!!!! and good riddance..

Mongo
11/1/2006, 11:25 AM
HEH

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=734901&page=2&forum_id=5

It is a sad day when a group of people think more highly of their stadium and 12th man than they do their own football team.

Typical Aggie:
(Please read this with an effeminate lisp)
"What?!? They dont ressspect our ssstadium? How dare they? I hate OU. That meanss I am going to ssscream extra, extra loud to show those mean Ssoonerss that we mean businessss!!"

they are quick to give the boot:D

TexasLidig8r
11/1/2006, 11:53 AM
So you are calling it for the cult?

Perhaps the quintessential definition of a "toss up game."

Mac94
11/1/2006, 11:59 AM
It'll be interesting to see who Texas fans root for. 1300AM is trying to sell the Horn nation that an Ag win is the best thing for Texas. Having a 10-1 Aggie squad could be a good thing for Texas in BCS computer terms .... but, of course, Horn fans have to put up with us and if we actually start doing well who knows how obnoxious we can become. ;)

So, there is the Horns issue ... root for the Ags in the hope it will help out the Horns or hope to see us crushed just to keep us from getting to obnoxious. ;)

Spanish Sooner
11/1/2006, 12:00 PM
The saddest thing about A&M and Kyle field, at least to me, is that even though it has this tradition, there just is no demand for tickets there, its sad. I went to the UT-A&M game last years since my younger brother goes to A&M (which for me explains all his obnoxiousness growing up) and there was just way to much orange spread out all over the stadium, way to much. Not a majority, no where near that, but much more than a prestigious stadium should of had. And i had been to a game at kyle field before (02 game, it sucked) but there was just way to much orange in that stadium for me to take it seriously. Because the next day when I went up for the ****** game(it was a fun weekend) there was no where near as much orange in Gaylord as there was in kyle field.

To top things off, my dad an OU alum was able to get season tickets last year for A&M games(to go down and spend time with my brother) and was able to get them quickly no waiting list or nothing. The next year my dad was able to get to more right next to his others, no problem.

Which begs the question, is Kyle Field really that prestigious of a field(which I think it is, I have 02 flashbacks from time to time), but is it that prestigious of a field if a non aggie can get 4 tickets no problem, and during its biggest rivalry games(last years UT and according to my dad this years tech game) there was a good deal of opposing team visitors in the stands. I don't know but I don't think its as hyped up as the aggies say it is. not anymore, not under fran. I mean hell agasnt texas, the whorns would do texas fight, and not a single aggie yelled sucks, i wanted to cry, i actually missed the cotton bowl.

And they hiss instead of boo, that makes the noise factor very crappy, whats worse win a bad call is made, a hiss or 84,000 people yelling and cussing at a ref. I hate to say it, and I do hate playing at kyel field, i really do, but Gaylord is slightly > then Kyle field.

BIG_IKE
11/1/2006, 12:03 PM
Not really an issue for the Whorns....either result helps them out because they are not gonna lose to A&M in Austin...

OU win helps because they already beat us, and we are ranked higher than A&M and have a better chance of finishing higher.

Agg win helps because, assuming they can beat Nebraska they could play a 10-1 team the day after Thanksgiving to a national audience.

sounds like a win-win situation for the Whorns. Either their Rival (OU) or their little step brother (A&M), is gonna lose Saturday.

OUDoc
11/1/2006, 12:06 PM
sounds like a win-win situation for the Whorns. Either their Rival (OU) or their little step brother (A&M), is gonna lose Saturday.
That's usually how I view osu/tejas every year.

MiccoMacey
11/1/2006, 12:13 PM
I posted over there...they are about as radical for their team as we are.

They're 8-1. OU and GameDay are coming to their home stadium. They should be excited.

sooneron
11/1/2006, 12:20 PM
What a dilemma..

So... on to the football question.. how does OU defend aggy to stop their running attack (McGee can't win the game through the air)?

Jihad may prevail.
So you think their running game is better than your's?

BIG_IKE
11/1/2006, 12:27 PM
^^ That is the million dollar question folks.
So LID...
your either lying about your prediction....
Or you think they run the ball better than Texas...

Which is it???? LOL

Mac94
11/1/2006, 12:28 PM
Spanish Sooner -

Fan support is partially a function of winning and how the team is doing and other factors. What you saw last season, and the past few season, has been a product of fan displeasure with the coaching staff ... esp following the Iowa State loss combined with Bill Byrne's ticket price hikes. Fans have, in general, been very weary of Coach Fran and there is little excitement because of him.

And, that happens to all programs ... OU is a tough place to play but I remember going to the A&M@OU game in 1997 and being shocked at the crowd that day. The stadium was maybe half full at kickoff and the whole atmosphere was horrible. I grew up going to OU games and that was the first time back in Norman since 1994 and it was a sad sight.

It happens to everyone when the team is struggling and the fans are unhappy.

OUMallen
11/1/2006, 12:34 PM
that right Mac? You're 8-1. Now what?

King Crimson
11/1/2006, 12:37 PM
as i recall the 97 OU-ATM game was played in freezing rain. hardly the best game to generalize....

Mac94
11/1/2006, 12:56 PM
OUMallen -

Now what? We have to beat someone of note. We are 8-1 but most expected us to be at this point on our way to 8-4. We came into the season with a 4 game schedule ... and we are 0-1 so far.

Yes, Missouri turned out to be better than many expected, but they're still not an elite team. Still, it was a nice win. But, we need to win against the perceived "big boys." We'll know a bit more about this team at about 10:30pm saturday night.

King -

Not really raining, just cold. And, I've been to many a November game in Norman in poor cold weather and the place was packed.

BIG_IKE
11/1/2006, 01:02 PM
Your still on track to be 8-4..

cvsooner
11/1/2006, 01:11 PM
What a dilemma..

On the other hand, we have the Dirt Burglars...

Sir, I don't think anybody from Texas has the authority to accuse anybody of being a dirt burglar. After all, the early occupiers of Texas were there as guests of Mexico...tenant farmers, more or less...who decided to revolt and steal the land from their landlords because Texicans wanted slavery and Mexico didn't.

And you have the audacity to call us dirt burglars? Stop believing the myth of the Alamo, counselor. Some people are unlucky enough to be born in Texas. The smart ones move north and play football at the University of Oklahoma.

cvsooner
11/1/2006, 01:15 PM
And the dumb ones get selected as President of the Newnited States. Unfortunately.

sooneron
11/1/2006, 01:18 PM
And the dumb ones get selected as President of the Newnited States. Unfortunately.
:pop:

BIG_IKE
11/1/2006, 01:25 PM
Well technically speaking, all Americans are dirt burglars. The revolt Texans did is not really different than the one the colonists did against England.
Manifest Destiny is nothing but landswiping, and stealing land from Mexico and Native Americans.

And not to defend the Whorn, but...the definition of Sooner actually supports his words somewhat?

You do know why we yell BOOMER SOONER right? LOL

TexasLidig8r
11/1/2006, 01:29 PM
. . .Some people are unlucky enough to be born in Texas. The smart ones move north and play football at the University of Oklahoma.

[cough] Romar [cough]

:D

TexasLidig8r
11/1/2006, 01:34 PM
So you think their running game is better than your's?

Their offense starts with and is completely dependent upon, their running game... their option, ...Japorkie Lane and the ever improving Goodson. You stop aggy running and you win the game since McGee will not beat you with his arm and the aggy receivers are not as good as Texas' receivers.

Is their running game better than Texas' ground game? Our offensive line is better, I would take Charles and S. Young over Japorkie and Goodson... the option they run is an added element that Colt does not have... So, better? No. But, different and a much greater part of their offense.

As for the game itself, I do remember last year when we played USC.. a number of posters on here wished for this....

http://www.dmasonline.org/gallery/membertakes/allen/beers-meteor.jpg

I know it won't happen to Bryan... (it would improve the property values there too much).

cvsooner
11/1/2006, 01:37 PM
[cough] Romar [cough]

A pretender who was exposed and sent back to the hovel from which he came. Exiled to Texas.

Cam
11/1/2006, 01:39 PM
[cough] Romar [cough]

You say that now, but you and your fellow shorties would've busted a nut if he'd have signed for you coming out of HS.

cvsooner
11/1/2006, 01:39 PM
Well technically speaking, all Americans are dirt burglars. The revolt Texans did is not really different than the one the colonists did against England.

Well, not all of us rebelled because we were in favor of slavery. The key point they leave out of the presentations in San Antonio.

TexasLidig8r
11/1/2006, 01:40 PM
You say that now, but you and your fellow shorties would've busted a nut if he'd have signed for you coming out of HS.

And he and Perriliar prove the old adage: Sometimes, the best recruit is the one you don't sign.

sooner518
11/1/2006, 01:44 PM
OU usually does pretty well when the other team comes in, trying to run the option. What killed us last year against A&M was that McNeal got hurt and McGee came in and we had no preparation for his type of game. I think we deal with him alot better than we did last year with our speed at linebacker.

jwlynn64
11/1/2006, 01:50 PM
OU usually does pretty well when the other team comes in, trying to run the option. What killed us last year against A&M was that McNeal got hurt and McGee came in and we had no preparation for his type of game. I think we deal with him alot better than we did last year with our speed at linebacker.

OUr team is much better this year than last. The offense is much more productive (even without AD) than it was a year ago and our defense is finally playing up to it's preseason hype.

Since the Oregon game, our D has really played well against the run. We still look a little suseptable to the long ball but I think that overall they are a pretty stout unit.

If the D plays at the level it has the last four games, it looks to be a long game for McGee and aTm.

MRNOTDUCKS
11/1/2006, 02:01 PM
What does it mean exactly, that "McGee can't beat you with his arm?"

Tell that to Kansas and oSu. It pains me to say it, but McGee is a lot like VY when it comes to looking good as a passer. He doesn't throw a pretty ball -- he just doesn't. But he's only thrown one INT this season, and he can make the play when the play needs to be made. VY was the same way. He looked awful playing the position, but he left a lot of us who were calling him Radio or Uncle Rico looking pretty foolish.

McGee gets the job done. He's probably one of the top five dual threat QBs in college right now. He's only a sophomore, but he's been playing as well as a junior or senior.

MRNOTDUCKS
11/1/2006, 02:14 PM
When you look at the stats, McGee's passing compares favorably with the new savior Colt McCoy. So I guess if you say McGee can't beat you with his arm, then Colt can just sort of beat you with his arm.

PASSING AVG/GAME Team Cl G Att Cmp Int Pct. Yds TD Avg/G
------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Harrell, Graham..... TTU SO 9 418 287 8 68.7 3024 28 336.0
2. Bell, Shawn......... BU SR 9 383 241 10 62.9 2582 19 286.9
3. Daniel, Chase....... MU SO 9 303 196 8 64.7 2287 19 254.1
4. Taylor, Zac......... NU SR 9 231 143 3 61.9 2065 18 229.4
5. Meyer,Bret.......... ISU JR 9 288 163 10 56.6 2023 10 224.8
6. Reid,Bobby.......... OSU SO 8 157 94 7 59.9 1616 19 202.0
7. Thompson, Paul...... OU SR 8 197 120 5 60.9 1566 13 195.8
8. McGee, Stephen...... TAMU SO 9 225 144 1 64.0 1753 11 194.8
9. McCoy, Colt......... UT FR 9 217 147 4 67.7 1705 24 189.4
10.Freeman, Josh....... KSU FR 7 148 66 9 44.6 887 1 126.7

TOTAL OFFENSE Team Cl G Rush Pass Plays Total Yds/G
--------------------------------------------------------------
1. Harrell, Graham..... TTU SO 9 -55 3024 438 2969 329.9
2. Daniel, Chase....... MU SO 9 322 2287 411 2609 289.9
3. Bell, Shawn......... BU SR 9 -137 2582 410 2445 271.7
4. McGee, Stephen...... TAMU SO 9 454 1753 324 2207 245.2
5. Meyer,Bret.......... ISU JR 9 180 2023 401 2203 244.8
6. Reid,Bobby.......... OSU SO 8 311 1616 225 1927 240.9
7. Taylor, Zac......... NU SR 9 -57 2065 269 2008 223.1
8. McCoy, Colt......... UT FR 9 174 1705 272 1879 208.8
9. Thompson, Paul...... OU SR 8 68 1566 234 1634 204.2
10.Peterson, Adria..... OU JR 6 935 0 168 935 155.8

PASS EFFICIENCY Team Cl G Att Cmp Int Pct. Yds TD Eff.
------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Reid,Bobby.......... OSU SO 8 157 94 7 59.9 1616 19 177.4
2. McCoy, Colt......... UT FR 9 217 147 4 67.7 1705 24 166.6
3. Taylor, Zac......... NU SR 9 231 143 3 61.9 2065 18 160.1
4. Harrell, Graham..... TTU SO 9 418 287 8 68.7 3024 28 147.7
5. McGee, Stephen...... TAMU SO 9 225 144 1 64.0 1753 11 144.7
6. Thompson, Paul...... OU SR 8 197 120 5 60.9 1566 13 144.4
7. Daniel, Chase....... MU SO 9 303 196 8 64.7 2287 19 143.5
8. Bell, Shawn......... BU SR 9 383 241 10 62.9 2582 19 130.7
9. Meyer,Bret.......... ISU JR 9 288 163 10 56.6 2023 10 120.1
10.Meier, Dylan........ KSU SR 8 137 69 4 50.4 765 3 98.7

Cam
11/1/2006, 02:16 PM
And he and Perriliar prove the old adage: Sometimes, the best recruit is the one you don't sign.
Very true.

Scott D
11/1/2006, 02:34 PM
How sad is it that Adrian Peterson hasn't played in 2 weeks, yet still has more offensive yards than any non quarterback in the conference.

Texas Golfer
11/1/2006, 02:44 PM
How sad is it that Adrian Peterson hasn't played in 2 weeks, yet still has more offensive yards than any non quarterback in the conference.

Why didn't they use his receiving yards for total yardage?

Texags
11/1/2006, 02:56 PM
aggies......

and besides, I thought UT was their biggest game ever year.

It's probably because this is the latest into the season that we've still controlled our own destiny in the conference race and been playing a good team.

When we beat #1 OU a few years back it was a big win for us, but the game meant nothing. Once the game was over, we still had a bad team and I think OU still won the conference. The game this weekend actually means something because a win keeps us alive in the conference race and might also give a Cotton Bowl berth since no one in the north is worth a damn.

OK2LA
11/1/2006, 03:00 PM
Is anyone else concerned about something much more important?

We all know that Corso makes his pick at the Gameday location using one of the teams' mascot's head gear/mask/etc.

There is a good chance that he will pick OU . . . What in the fawk is he going to put on his head? That friggin' horsepig thing for sure - count on it! National exposure for that thing is the last thing that we need.

Mac94
11/1/2006, 03:08 PM
Why hasn't the OU athletic department do away with those goofy looking "Boomer" and "Sooner" horse things?

Theskipster
11/1/2006, 03:12 PM
If the aggies are really this excited, it will hopefully make the squeeze and scream spectacle a little more exciting this year.

If you don't know what the squeeze and scream is click the link below. This tradition makes the horsepigs look like the height of culture.
http://www.averment.com/images/squeeze_ags.jpg (350K for those on Dial-Up)

TexasLidig8r
11/1/2006, 03:16 PM
What does it mean exactly, that "McGee can't beat you with his arm?"

Tell that to Kansas and oSu. It pains me to say it, but McGee is a lot like VY when it comes to looking good as a passer. He doesn't throw a pretty ball -- he just doesn't. But he's only thrown one INT this season, and he can make the play when the play needs to be made. VY was the same way. He looked awful playing the position, but he left a lot of us who were calling him Radio or Uncle Rico looking pretty foolish.

McGee gets the job done. He's probably one of the top five dual threat QBs in college right now. He's only a sophomore, but he's been playing as well as a junior or senior.

OH PLEASE!!!! Don't EVEN compare McGee to VY. We laughingly read and heard how aggy tried to say Reggie "Wee Ankles" McNeal was better than Vince for years. Don't start with the McGee - VY comparisons.

But.. keep trying to keep up with us... after all, we ARE the Joneses.

As for McGee and Colt comparison as passers... uh... what was the number for those touchdown passes for the two again????????????

McGee has had a better than expected year.. let's see how he performs against the big boys now.

Spanish Sooner
11/1/2006, 03:35 PM
Mac94,

I'm not descreditng kyle field or the aggie fans, and i know things have been down here, i mean just llok at the student section the week after the texas lost, im just debating kyle field being as bad a place as it used to be considering recent attendance and what not. I still hate playing there, and I actually like texas A&M, but i just dont think it is as difficult place to play as it was 4 years ago, still tough, and I hate playing there, but i don't think it is going to be worse then Autzen were we played earlier because of the recent aggie slump. But who knows this may be the game that turns it around(hopefully not though), still it should be a good game and im predicting OU 24 A&M 20

sooner518
11/1/2006, 03:36 PM

We all know that Corso makes his pick at the Gameday location using one of the teams' mascot's head gear/mask/etc.

There is a good chance that he will pick OU . . . What in the fawk is he going to put on his head? That friggin' horsepig thing for sure - count on it! National exposure for that thing is the last thing that we need.

Dear God, think of the bad mojo if Corso and the horsepigs team up together!!!

If this happens Saturday morning, there is a good chance that our entire O-line will tear both ACLs in pre-game warmups:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/sooner518/farks/corso.jpg

May God help us all

MRNOTDUCKS
11/1/2006, 03:38 PM
Did you even read the post you quoted before you vomited out your response?

The TD passes don't mean much to me. We have a different offensive gameplan than Texas. The TDs are going to come in short yardage situations to the backs. If McGee has to throw TD passes to get your attention he can do that like he did at oSu and Baylor.

Man, Lid. I thought we had a great meeting of the minds here while back. I guess our relationship means nothing to you. :-(

caphorns
11/1/2006, 03:39 PM

Actually it's not so bad. Consider that the audience will already be at the point of complete saturation with weird aggy stuff before Corso pulls out the horsepig deal. I doubt it will be noticed. In fact, they'll probably think he just picked aggy.

Mac94
11/1/2006, 03:41 PM
Spanish -

It'll be rocking saturday ... but you have a point. First and foremost, the thing that makes a place tough to play is the 11 kids on the field wearing the schools colors representing their team. If you have the kids, ANY place can be a tough place to play.

Fans can play a roll, but not as much as they used to as teams have learned how to deal with crowd noise.

Back in 1987 when we played Texas we forced a 5-10 delay in the game as Brett Stafford could run a play because it was so loud ... he kept walking up under center and then walking back to the ref. It was crazy. But, without guys like Aaron Wallace, John Roper, Chet Brooks, etc the place may not have seemed quite so intense.

Crowds can have a marginal effect ... but that's about it.

caphorns
11/1/2006, 03:48 PM
The TD passes don't mean much

Nah. Stupid stat. Throw it out. Nothing to do with rating aggy QBs. They should replace it with "looking like a tough guy in games you lost" ;)

SoonerJason
11/1/2006, 03:53 PM
Bob has a 4M. house?

yikes

TexasLidig8r
11/1/2006, 04:16 PM
Did you even read the post you quoted before you vomited out your response?

The TD passes don't mean much to me. We have a different offensive gameplan than Texas. The TDs are going to come in short yardage situations to the backs. If McGee has to throw TD passes to get your attention he can do that like he did at oSu and Baylor.

Man, Lid. I thought we had a great meeting of the minds here while back. I guess our relationship means nothing to you. :-(

lol.... the question will be though... will young Mr. McGee be able to deliver against a stout run defense.
The best run defense you guys have been up against this year.. at 27th place is... Lousyiana Lafayette.

It's a 4 game season for you boys.. so far.. 0 - 1.. but....

aggy jihad may be enough this week.. it just... may.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/1/2006, 04:33 PM
lol.... the question will be though... will young Mr. McGee be able to deliver against a stout run defense.
The best run defense you guys have been up against this year.. at 27th place is... Lousyiana Lafayette.

It's a 4 game season for you boys.. so far.. 0 - 1.. but....

aggy jihad may be enough this week.. it just... may.

Nope. We are rolling, boys.