PDA

View Full Version : TEXAS A&M FOOTBALL by the Numbers...

BIG_IKE
11/1/2006, 09:00 AM
These are all FACTS people...

1- # of games played against the Deaf & Dumb Institute :eek:
1- # of Bowl Victories this decade
1- # of games played against the HOUSTON YMCA
2- # of Aggies to EVER win a National Award
2- # of Texas High Schools A&M has played
5- # of times A&M has been shut out by the mighty Centenary team.
6- Consecutive losses to the Whorns, their alleged rival
8- Years since A&M had a BETTER record than we did LAST year.
9- consecutive losing seasons A&M had after Bear Bryant left
9- Number of Big 12 Teams to beat A&M in Big 12 play AT KYLE FIELD..
11- Number of Big 12 Teams to beat A&M in Big 12 Play (kansas sucks)
19- Years since Texas A&M won the Cotton Bowl (and yes they played in it alot)

30- Times A&M has lost to Texas Tech
30- times A&M has lost to Baylor
67- Years since A&M won a National Title
73- Losses to the Shorthorns (You call that a rivalry?!?)
:pop:

BIG_IKE
11/1/2006, 11:26 AM
I Almost forgot...

0- Wins for Fran vs. Stoops and Mack Brown combined.

Mac94
11/1/2006, 11:37 AM
Yeah, yeah ... we've had down years, what does that have to do with this next saturday? It has about as much relevence as Howard ***************s time in Norman has on this game.

OU is 2-3 at Kyle since the formation of the Big-12 ... and your two wins were nailbiters when you had much better teams than this Sooner edition.

31-35 in 2000
30-26 in 2002
35-42 in 2004

Sooner teams ranked as one of the best, if not the best, teams in the nation have stuggled in Kyle Field ... I'd expect this years game to follow a similar course.

And, if OU happens to lose saturday, how will you feel losing to a team with such a history of futility as you've outlined? ;)

David Earl
11/1/2006, 11:40 AM
I Almost forgot...

0- Wins for Fran vs. Stoops and Mack Brown combined.

I was about to say Fran beat Stoops in 02, but that was Slocum.

Mac94
11/1/2006, 11:42 AM
Fran is 0-5 against Stoops with three "L's" while at A&M and two others while at Alabama.

David Earl
11/1/2006, 11:46 AM
TAMU has done better than many expected this year. Before the season conventional wisdom said Fran is gone. Has he done enough to buy one more year?

Dio
11/1/2006, 11:48 AM
Yeah, yeah ... we've had down years, what does that have to do with this next saturday? It has about as much relevence as Howard ***************s time in Norman has on this game.

OU is 2-3 at Kyle since the formation of the Big-12

So 1995 has no relevance, but losses by Blake teams in '96 and '98 do? :confused:

Mac94
11/1/2006, 11:55 AM
Not really, but it is much more relevant than who A&M may have played in 1906.

snp
11/1/2006, 12:03 PM
TAMU has done better than many expected this year. Before the season conventional wisdom said Fran is gone. Has he done enough to buy one more year?

Squeaking by Army, KU, OSU, Baylor, Mizzou and beating the Citadel and the worst two teams in the state of LA doesn't inspire confidence in the coaching staff from me.

They should be 7-2 but they upset Mizzou.

David Earl
11/1/2006, 12:08 PM
SuperNinjaPirate, I expected TAMU to lose to KU, and Baylor and possibly OSU. In that sense, they're doing better than I expected and I think others felt the same way.

Hiring Fran was a mistake, IMHO, but the Aggie powers that be may not see it that way. If they have a clue they'll fire Fran and hire one of the primo guys out there hunting a job.

MiccoMacey
11/1/2006, 12:38 PM
Hiring Fran was a mistake, IMHO, but the Aggie powers that be may not see it that way. If they have a clue they'll fire Fran and hire one of the primo guys out there hunting a job.

Let's go Kragthorpe...clap, clap, clap, clap, clap.

yermom
11/1/2006, 12:56 PM

losing to Texass seems to have been what cost Slocum his job

i can't imagine #7 would go over well

Texags
11/1/2006, 02:50 PM
4th - the place OU will finish in the Big 12 South this year after dropping games to both A&M and Tech.

David Earl
11/1/2006, 02:55 PM
4th place OU will finish...

Yoda, is that you?

TheUnnamedSooner
11/1/2006, 03:23 PM
So 1995 has no relevance, but losses by Blake teams in '96 and '98 do? :confused:

No, but his '97 team does ;)

snp
11/1/2006, 04:04 PM
SuperNinjaPirate, I expected TAMU to lose to KU, and Baylor and possibly OSU. In that sense, they're doing better than I expected and I think others felt the same way.

TAMU has kicked all their butts in recruiting these past few years. Although I'd take Mangino and Morriss over Fran any day, there's still a large seperation between the athletes A&M has over those 3 schools.

They should be blowing those guys out of the water, not barely beating them.

Mac94
11/1/2006, 04:06 PM
They should be blowing those guys out of the water, not barely beating them.

Maybe, but if you saw what Iowa State did to us last year at Kyle Field ... you'd see some progress.

btw, Kansas and Baylor hung quite nicely with OU last year, too.

David Earl
11/1/2006, 04:45 PM
I guess MAC94 is putting best what I'm trying to say. TAMU appears to be improved over last season. I expected them to digress.

Agreed, TAMU should be winning more/bigger with their athletes. But the same was true last year and they were losing.

I think it's fair to say TAMU, though not doing well, is doing better than at least some expected, including some Aggie fans. I'm just not sure it's enough to save Fran's job.

Mac94
11/1/2006, 04:48 PM
None of us know if Fran is now safe or what Bill Byrne or the cigars are thinking.

Back in the off season 8-4 with losses to Tech, OU, Nebraska, and Texas was viewed as a failure ... and that could still loom regardless of any excitement we see right now.

We need, IMHO, to win something in Novemeber and be competitive otherwise ... but again, that's just me ... and I don't control any of this. If I did Fran would have been gone after last years 5-6 record.

snp
11/1/2006, 04:53 PM
Maybe, but if you saw what Iowa State did to us last year at Kyle Field ... you'd see some progress.

btw, Kansas and Baylor hung quite nicely with OU last year, too.

Yes, both games Peterson didn't play in. Our 4th string RB rushed for over 160 yards vs Baylor. AD would've had 600.

And KU wasn't close. They had an incredible defense last year, and were a legit bowl team. But they could've played that game for 20 more quarters and KU wouldn't have gotten more than a FG.

Stoop Dawg
11/1/2006, 05:00 PM
4th - the place OU will finish in the Big 12 South this year after dropping games to both A&M and Tech.

Have you seen OU's record against Tech? Tech did manage to beat OU in Norman in 1996, but so did TCU, Tulsa, and Kansas. Not sure I'd hang my hat on that win.

Aggie2theCorps
11/1/2006, 05:16 PM
You forgot #1 rushing offense, #1 in 3rd down conversion %, #1 3rd down defense, #1 red zone defense, and #1 in time of possession in the Big 12.

But, who cares about facts, right?

soonerboy_odanorth
11/1/2006, 05:21 PM
Far be it for me to defend aTm.... But a couple of the victories on our record books are against Norman...

...High School

...Not to mention several victories against Chilloco Indian School...

...and both wins and losses to "town teams" and, worse, "athletic clubs".

:eek: indeed!

But some of those modern stats for aTm are completely indefensible.

The shame of it all, Reville! The shame!

BIG_IKE
11/1/2006, 05:45 PM
You forgot #1 rushing offense, #1 in 3rd down conversion %, #1 3rd down defense, #1 red zone defense, and #1 in time of possession in the Big 12.

But, who cares about facts, right?

Well..

We have the #1 Total Defense, #1 Pass Efficiency Defense, #1 Scoring Defense.....but you know, didnt wanna brag or nothing.

tommieharris91
11/1/2006, 05:50 PM
#1 Pass Efficiency Defense

Are you lying, or have people stopped throwing at whoever we have opposite Marcus Walker?

Aggie2theCorps
11/1/2006, 05:53 PM
Well..

We have the #1 Total Defense, #1 Pass Efficiency Defense, #1 Scoring Defense.....but you know, didnt wanna brag or nothing.

No need to worry about bragging, They are very good. Don't forget your #1 Redzone offense, which is a stat I kind of scratch my head at because you aren't exactly the dominating rushing game that usually garners that stat.

Is your pass defense that good because of your DB's or is it the DLine causing hurried passes and getting to the QB?

finster
11/1/2006, 06:41 PM
No#74 Awesome new board.................

http://img414.imageshack.us/img414/7834/copyofwwwaggieathleticsdz8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

OUstud
11/1/2006, 07:23 PM
11- Number of Big 12 Teams to beat A&M in Big 12 Play (kansas sucks)

Not to nitpick, but wouldn't that be 10 if KU hasn't beat them...;)

1991SOONER
11/1/2006, 07:28 PM

The only way that tech is going to win in Norman is if they bring their cheating, crooked refs with them :eek:

1991SOONER
11/1/2006, 07:31 PM
No#74 Awesome new board.................

http://img414.imageshack.us/img414/7834/copyofwwwaggieathleticsdz8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

That board was a mistake.

That will just make clear to everyone how bad eATMe really sucks..

Harry Beanbag
11/1/2006, 07:45 PM
A&M is also ranked #1 in Nut Squeezin' Efficiency.

http://www.utexasclan.com/images/squeeze.gif

stoopified
11/1/2006, 07:58 PM
poor aggy

1991SOONER
11/1/2006, 08:03 PM
A&M is also ranked #1 in Nut Squeezin' Efficiency.

http://www.utexasclan.com/images/squeeze.gif

Ohhhhh, let us go sarge, we gotta pee!!!

AlbqSooner
11/1/2006, 08:26 PM
Nahhh - they have beaten themselves many times.:D

goingoneight
11/1/2006, 08:48 PM

That's like Big Ten mathematics...

Texags
11/1/2006, 11:03 PM
Nahhh - they have beaten themselves many times.:D
This is true.

We had a player that got in trouble for beating himself in the parking lot in Fran's first year. He asked some girl if she could give him a hand with it and she told on him.

SoonerRecon
11/2/2006, 01:39 AM
This is true.

We had a player that got in trouble for beating himself in the parking lot in Fran's first year. He asked some girl if she could give him a hand with it and she told on him.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! classic, i just found my signature

MiccoMacey
11/2/2006, 08:17 AM
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! classic, i just found my signature

Wasn't that in the High School parking lot? Or am I remembering different incidents?