PDA

View Full Version : So Long Bob Barker

royalfan5
10/31/2006, 07:27 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/31/tv.bobbarker.retires.ap/index.html

He's retiring from the greatest game show in the world.

soonerbrat
10/31/2006, 07:29 PM
at least it's after April. I've been promising my son since he was little that i'd take him to see TPIR on his 18th bday if Bob lasted that long.

I got to go to the show twice..both times, the person next to me in line got up on stage!

bri
10/31/2006, 07:47 PM
Cancel the show.

Seriously, if they try to have The Price Is Right with ANYONE else, I will climb through my TV and stab them in the eye with a wand microphone.

GottaHavePride
10/31/2006, 07:48 PM
Just like there can be no Jeopardy without Alex Trebek to hate. ;)

soonerbrat
10/31/2006, 07:48 PM
how could anyone hate alex?

bri
10/31/2006, 07:50 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/moses/usermoviethumbs/um_54-5870-jeopardy_thumb39.jpg

soonerbrat
10/31/2006, 07:52 PM
hating alex is like..unamerican...

wait...alex is canadian, i guess it's ok

Mixer!
10/31/2006, 07:53 PM
I think bri would make an excellent TPIR host. :D

proud gonzo
10/31/2006, 08:02 PM
my german teacher last semester said it's his lifelong dream to be on the price is right--I just emailed him the story. he'd better hurry

Penguin
10/31/2006, 08:07 PM
Who else thought that sumbitch was dead when they read the title of the thread?

sanantoniosooner
10/31/2006, 08:08 PM
AYE!

BeetDigger
10/31/2006, 08:12 PM
Does he still get to boff the Price is Right girls?

bri
10/31/2006, 08:17 PM
hating alex is like..unamerican...

wait...alex is canadian, i guess it's ok

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

I'll take "Brat's Celebrity Crushes" for $800, Alex. :D

Scott D
10/31/2006, 08:23 PM

he's going to be in charge of 'talent development' ;)

VeeJay
10/31/2006, 08:26 PM

I did.

VeeJay
10/31/2006, 08:26 PM
Cancel the show.

Seriously, if they try to have The Price Is Right with ANYONE else, I will climb through my TV and stab them in the eye with a wand microphone.

I think Dan Dierdorf would be good with that gig.

:pop:

BeetDigger
10/31/2006, 09:26 PM
he's going to be in charge of 'talent development' ;)

I was hoping for the gig myself. :hot:

soonerbrat
10/31/2006, 09:27 PM
i think we should all go as a big group and wear sf.com shirts. they always pick at least one person from each big group.

proud gonzo
10/31/2006, 09:53 PM
YES!!! whose suitcase do I get to ride in? I can't afford airfare

wait...I'm in a woodwind quintet and we're going to enter a chamber music competition. If we're finalists and get to perform, the thing's in Pasadena! we're so making a side trip if we get to go...

soonerbrat
10/31/2006, 09:56 PM
you should..it's so much fun...you have to get there at like 4am to get in line..best bet is to go on a day that they have 2 tapings.

SoonerInKCMO
10/31/2006, 10:34 PM
how could anyone hate alex?

:eek: :eek:

HOW CAN YOU NOT HATE ALEX TREBEK?!?!?!?!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Mongo
10/31/2006, 10:34 PM
Went to TPIR. It was a blast. We had a group of 27. If you have a group of 25 or more you are guarenteed seats for one of the two daily tapings. And one from your group will get picked.

They prescreen the audience. Everyone who sits in the audience meets the producers for "why should we pick you" questioning. The most excited and flamboyent people get picked.

A girl from our group got picked and won about a thousand dollars worth of Coleman camping gear and a Jeep Wrangler.

Oh, and Bob said, "The price is wrong, Bitch!!" between games. He truly is a cool guy.

proud gonzo
10/31/2006, 10:40 PM
I can pretend to be enthusiastic if it gets me money :D

soonerbrat
10/31/2006, 10:41 PM
Went to TPIR. It was a blast. We had a group of 27. If you have a group of 25 or more you are guarenteed seats for one of the two daily tapings. And one from your group will get picked.

They prescreen the audience. Everyone who sits in the audience meets the producers for "why should we pick you" questioning. The most excited and flamboyent people get picked.

A girl from our group got picked and won about a thousand dollars worth of Coleman camping gear and a Jeep Wrangler.

Oh, and Bob said, "The price is wrong, Bitch!!" between games. He truly is a cool guy.

not just the flamboyant ones get picked..my ex husband got picked when we went..we did talk to people in line all day but when they asked him what he did, all he said was "i'm a medical student at the university of oklahoma" and then they moved on...

if you're with a group with matching shirts..they like that too :D

Mongo
10/31/2006, 10:45 PM
Yeah we had matching shirts, I felt like a tool because the group was my FIL's dental employees and I have nothing to do with teeth, except I have some.

OhU1
10/31/2006, 10:45 PM
Heck I just scanned the topics an hour ago without reading any. For the last hour I thought Bob Barker was dead. Rise Zombie Barker! He lives again!

soonerbrat
10/31/2006, 10:50 PM
Yeah we had matching shirts, I felt like a tool because the group was my FIL's dental employees and I have nothing to do with teeth, except I have some.

bah..it's all good.

we need to get 25 people from here. yep. we need to go.

Mongo
10/31/2006, 10:55 PM
At first, I thought it was ghey, but it was really a blast. I came out hoarse from yelling and my hands were sore from the clapping.

And the CBS studios were holding auditions at the time. There were smoking hot womens everywhere. Let that be an incentive for any men questiong if they want to go or not.:D

Al Gore
10/31/2006, 11:06 PM
He's not dead and that show is still on???!!!!?????!!!!!
I thought he died in the 80's......

Penguin
11/1/2006, 12:53 AM
i think we should all go as a big group and wear sf.com shirts. they always pick at least one person from each big group.

Of course one of us would get on! They would assume we are wearing SanFrancisco.com shirts!

OhU1
11/1/2006, 09:59 AM
This thread got me thinking - is Dick Clark going to do the "Rocking New Year's Eve" show? I'm rooting for Mr. Clark but last year was brutal.

sanantoniosooner
11/1/2006, 10:12 AM
An inside source of mine says that Bob is quitting to spay and neuter cats and dogs full time.

olevetonahill
11/1/2006, 10:28 AM
Of course one of us would get on! They would assume we are wearing SanFrancisco.com shirts!
Then it would have to be
Sooner Fans .com shirts
we dont want to look like fags

49r
11/1/2006, 12:24 PM

http://www.defamer.com/hollywood/cbs/soon-bob-barker-will-no-longer-have-to-pretend-that-a-busty-college-girl-bidding-1-on-a-refrigerator-is-the-cleverest-strategy-hes-ever-heard-211502.php

Take heart, Plinko addicts, for you still have more than half a year to enjoy your hero before he finally retreats to the paradisiacal splendor of the exact replica of the Price set he's had built at home, where he will spend the rest of his days being serviced by a private staff of Barker's Beauties, all of whom he's paid handsomely to waive their rights to troublesome sexual harassment claims should they tire of his favorite game, "How Much Did These Funbags Cost?"

Penguin
11/1/2006, 01:02 PM
Then it would have to be
Sooner Fans .com shirts
we dont want to look like fags

But, we can still hold hands, right?

AllAboutThe'O'
11/1/2006, 04:34 PM
I remember when he wasn't doing the Price is Right.
It was hosted by a guy (trying to remember his name right now) who had a severe limp...crew cut..black horned rim glasses......cannot remember.
It was Bill Cullen, when the show appeared in the '50s. I've seen those classic shows on Game Show Network.
In fact, when Barker first took over the show in '72, it was originally called "The New Price is Right."
TPIR will live on, but it definitely won't be the same without Bob Barker. The show has survived the losses of beloved announcers like Johnny Olson and Rod Roddy, and the popular beauties such as Dian, Holly and Janice but I can't imagine the show without Bob.

1stTimeCaller
11/1/2006, 04:54 PM
I remember watching as a young kid when he had black hair. And a friend of mine's mom went and won the whole shebang. I think she won a car and stuff.

Preservation Parcels
11/1/2006, 04:54 PM
Trivia question

Who was the host of Jeopardy before Alex Trebec?

Pricetag
11/1/2006, 05:58 PM
Yes, he's earned the title of "Price is Right Girls Boffer Emeritus."

AllAboutThe'O'
11/1/2006, 10:36 PM
Trivia question

Who was the host of Jeopardy before Alex Trebec?

Art Fleming, with Don Pardo announcing.

Preservation Parcels
11/1/2006, 10:50 PM
Art Fleming, with Don Pardo announcing.

You get double points for knowing the announcer, too!

AllAboutThe'O'
11/1/2006, 11:04 PM
You get double points for knowing the announcer, too!
Can I get more points for posting this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ5bFTldxBY

Preservation Parcels
11/1/2006, 11:29 PM
Can I get more points for posting this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ5bFTldxBY

You not only get more points, you also get to keep what's behind Door Number Two! :D

Penguin
11/2/2006, 12:26 AM
Here's a piece of trivia.

Mila Kunis, that cute chick on That 70's Show, learned English by watching TPIR. She said that Bob Barker speaks real slow and that he was the only one on TV that she could follow.