PDA

View Full Version : Important Announcements from Aggy Athletic Director

Octavian
10/31/2006, 04:48 PM
From Texas A&M Athletic Director Bill Byrne:

10/04/06

Addressing a couple of issues called to our attention: The bat problem is an ongoing battle in Kyle Field. You've heard it all before – protected species, etc. We clean up all week long, and one last time on Saturday morning before games. If you know a way to combat the problem, let us know. We've tried everything. And that wasn't ammonia that one of you reported last Saturday; it was probably the skunk we discovered on the third deck.

The bats have attracted owls, their chief predators, and between them and grackles and pigeons and a skunk, we sometimes feel like Animal Farm except they're not talking.

A&M Athletic Director's Website (https://sports.tamu.edu/feature.php?type=1&Feature=435)

10/18/06

Fans everywhere saw one of our players, Mike Goodson, slip on the concrete around the football field at Kyle after he scored a touchdown against Missouri. A few people wrote to us about their concerns with that surface, not a new topic and one we've addressed several times in this space.

Well, here's the update: we've field-tested a Mondo surface, with horses parading on it, that the health department has approved as resistant to bacterial infections. A reminder: the problem wasn't, as we first thought, because we serve food at Kyle Field. It was the severe problem of staph infections and other health hazards caused by abrasions from sliding across a surface containing bacteria found in horse manure. The Mondo surface we can go with is anti-microbial.

It can be installed in two weeks. Here's the rub: if we order it within calendar year 2006, it will cost $416,000. We don't have $416,000 for that right now. An account is set up within the 12th Man Foundation to fund this. We already put discretionary funds provided by the 12th Man Foundation into the tent that served as an indoor football practice area for two months, necessary because of construction delays on the new indoor building.

So for us to make the Mondo covering happen in a hurry, send your contributions to the 12th Man Foundation and restrict your gift to the Kyle Field track fund. We need the cash in hand before we can make the improvements.

While you can see that we are taking this concrete situation seriously and have found a solution, in no way do I want to trivialize a potential hazard; at the same time I'd like to help put your minds more at ease in the meantime (knock on wood).

A&M Athletic Director's Website (https://sports.tamu.edu/feature.php?type=1&Feature=439)

So between battling the bats, owls, pigeons, and skunks....Aggy must find the time and money to install space age anti-bacterial surfaces so players don't suffer from all the horse**** lying around.

Ya just can't make this stuff up...

Octavian
10/31/2006, 07:52 PM
guess this didn't come as a surprise to anyone...

Octavian
10/31/2006, 07:53 PM
oh...and I didn't want the thread to die w/ no responses so...

self-pity reply :D

birddog
10/31/2006, 07:53 PM
seemed about right to me.

FlatheadSooner
10/31/2006, 07:59 PM
From Texas A&M Athletic Director Bill Byrne:

10/04/06

A&M Athletic Director's Website (https://sports.tamu.edu/feature.php?type=1&Feature=435)

10/18/06

A&M Athletic Director's Website (https://sports.tamu.edu/feature.php?type=1&Feature=439)

So between battling the bats, owls, pigeons, and skunks....Aggy must find the time and money to install space age anti-bacterial surfaces so players don't suffer from all the horse**** lying around.

Ya just can't make this stuff up...

And..............this is a Vo-Ag school so.............they know their animal stuff.............right!?? :confused:

:P

Scott D
10/31/2006, 08:21 PM
seems to me the simple idea would be to keep the ****in' horses out of Kyle Field.

OUinFLA
10/31/2006, 08:28 PM
would they still allow the horsepigs?
are they potty trained?
or do they just...............
nevermind.

OUMallen
10/31/2006, 08:41 PM
I am surprised the cadets don't just use their swords to protect Kyle Field from the vermin bats!!!

RedstickSooner
10/31/2006, 09:01 PM
Maybe if they spent lest time squeezing testicles, and more time shoveling horse shiite, this wouldn't be a problem.