PDA

View Full Version : finally some news from my brother in iraq

Hatfield
10/31/2006, 10:06 AM
he doesn't say much (and I don't ask much) but what he does say is that life is ****ty over there. He is in Ramadi.

says there is oil everywhere. in an effort to not have you track sand into your tent, they put down oil....so you track an oily mud into your tent. army logic at its finest.

If anyone has some spare time I am sure he would appreciate a letter of encouragement or if you feel like going above and beyond some music or whatever. He says letters are better than email because he never can tell when he will be back on base. His latest email asked me to send him some snacks; model cars (mustangs, chevelles, camaros, etc.) to put together in his down time; and white socks since you can never have too many white socks. (and the px never has white socks but when they do have them the soldiers are charged 5 bucks for 1 pair )

SGT Clint Honeycutt
B Co 1-18 INF TF 1-77 AR
1 ID 2 BCT
APO AE 09396

i hadn't heard from him since Oct. 4th so yesterdays mail was a welcome suprise. He means the world to me and I anxiously await his safe return.

picasso
10/31/2006, 10:09 AM
atta boy to your brother.

and prayers.

Mixer!
10/31/2006, 10:16 AM
Sweet Jesus, how'd he come to be stuck in that rathole...

Prayers to you & your brother, Hat.

NormanPride
10/31/2006, 10:26 AM
Oil and sand in the tent. Genius.

Prayers for your bro, Hat.

KABOOKIE
10/31/2006, 10:46 AM
says there is oil everywhere. in an effort to not have you track sand into your tent, they put down oil....so you track an oily mud into your tent. army logic at its finest.

Hat, hope the best for your brother. I know it may seem a bit irrational but, having spent plenty of nights on my own in a forward deployed base that dust is a far greater nuisance than mud. We used to go through great lengths to prevent dust.

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/31/2006, 11:28 AM
What kind of music does he like, yo?

I'm gonna send him some stuff.

Hatfield
10/31/2006, 11:36 AM
he likes pearl jam, sublime, jack johnson, U2...so you can see he is all over the place.

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/31/2006, 11:37 AM
Easy, then...

Tailwind
10/31/2006, 11:47 AM
How long has he been over there? And when does he get to come home? My gratitude to him for his service and I will try to do something for him. What if everyone here sent him white socks....would he share or hoard them? :D

OklahomaTuba
10/31/2006, 11:49 AM
I do hope he makes it back safe and sound hat. He is a patriot for giving so much.

Widescreen
10/31/2006, 11:56 AM
Hats off to Hatfield's bro. Be sure to let him know how much he is appreciated.

TexasSooner01
10/31/2006, 11:57 AM
A few months ago me and my oldest son were in Taco Bell and there was a soldier there with his family. I could tell by the long look on their faces that he was probably being deployed soon. My son, without skipping a beat, ran up to him and shook his hand. He looked at the soldier and his family and said "Thank You for Serving!"

I was speechless because my son brought a tear to the soldier's eye as the soldier said "your welcome" and gave my boy a big hug.

Tell your brother Thank You and to be safe.

Widescreen
10/31/2006, 12:52 PM
A few months ago me and my oldest son were in Taco Bell and there was a soldier there with his family. I could tell by the long look on their faces that he was probably being deployed soon. My son, without skipping a beat, ran up to him and shook his hand. He looked at the soldier and his family and said "Thank You for Serving!"

I was speechless because my son brought a tear to the soldier's eye as the soldier said "your welcome" and gave my boy a big hug.

Tell your brother Thank You and to be safe.
That's one patriotic 19-year-old son you've got there.

;)

Hatfield
10/31/2006, 02:11 PM
he got into the sandbox on oct. 4

he has been in the army now for almost 5 years. He doesn't really see himself as career army, but he wasn't where he wanted to be at the end of his 4 years so he reupped. Kid has gotten to see the world and it has had a great impact on him. So far he has been stationed in Pusan,South Korea; tacoma, washington, and germany..now ramadi.

olevetonahill
10/31/2006, 02:17 PM
Keep us posted , Ill keep him in my thoughts