PDA

View Full Version : Those of you going to the game...

Norman Sooner
10/31/2006, 09:43 AM
What section are you guys sitting in? Im in section 505, hey atleast im inside the stadium(barely), but was just curious if anybody else had tickets up there?

colleyvillesooner
10/31/2006, 09:59 AM
We are up there too,can't remember what section. Towards the left corner i believe.

n8v_ndn
10/31/2006, 10:17 AM
That's where we are too. Bring your oxygen bottle and enjoy the view of the clouds below.

Norman Sooner
10/31/2006, 10:19 AM
Well, its good to see im not alone up there...Do they have any rest stops on the way up?

RedstickSooner
10/31/2006, 10:36 AM
Well, its good to see im not alone up there...Do they have any rest stops on the way up?

Heed my advice: Hire a sherpa.

You'll be glad you did.

SoonerRecon
10/31/2006, 02:23 PM
I've sat up there before, it is a 20 minute walk straight up, bring some water. Luckily I'll be sitting down by the Pride this time, although the last time we lost there, 2002, cups of ice rained down on the Sooner sections from the upper deck, pooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrr aggies.

colleyvillesooner
10/31/2006, 02:28 PM
It's not too bad up top, it's better than the section past the endzone.

Here's a pic.

http://colleyvillesooner.com/Kyle_Field/sooners.jpg

http://colleyvillesooner.com/Kyle_Field/soonersentrance.jpg

Phil
10/31/2006, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I'll take the nosebleeds in that place 100 times over the 20 yards past the end of the end zone seats. I had to look at the big screen to see Torrance score in 2000 sitting down there. I'm sitting up high on Saturday night, and I don't begrudge the Sherpa his money. At least I'll be able to see the game.

yermom
10/31/2006, 03:11 PM
i don't know yet :D

n8v_ndn
10/31/2006, 03:44 PM
And don't freak out if you see the corpses of previous ticketholders in the circular ramps...they lay where they died.

colleyvillesooner
10/31/2006, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I'll take the nosebleeds in that place 100 times over the 20 yards past the end of the end zone seats. I had to look at the big screen to see Torrance score in 2000 sitting down there. I'm sitting up high on Saturday night, and I don't begrudge the Sherpa his money. At least I'll be able to see the game.

That is the worst section I have ever sat in, anywhere.

For people that don't know, it's the last section on the West side. Your view looking straight across is of the South stands. There are about 35 seats that end at a concrete wall. So if you have seat 32, like I did, you can not sit down because everyone from seat 1-31 took up a little extra space. Plus, when you want a drink or need to go to the bathroom, yep, you have to walk past 30 people to get out and 30 people to get back to your seat.

SoonerRecon
10/31/2006, 04:34 PM
i wish you all luck in the upper decker, it sucks. one of my greatest memories was watching torrance run the INT for a TD, and seeing about 50 other Sooners in the triple decker going nuts. if your not in the OU section or the front row, kyle field sucks to watch a game at. you've got a bunch of towels waving in your face, aggies grabbing themselves and whooping, and old ags trying to tell you all about their tradition. please tell me all about the 12th man, the dead dogs, the 1939 championship, and when you used to beat texass all the time in the last century. we've got tradition too, 7 National Championships, 47 game winning streak, Bud, Barry, and now Bob. hopefully that'll shut em up.