PDA

View Full Version : John F. Kerry has an important warning for us all...

OklahomaTuba
10/31/2006, 09:15 AM
http://www.lowculture.com/archives/images/kerry_convention_salute.jpg

“You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

http://www.kfi640.com/pages/JohnZiegler.html?feed=127993&article=457655

Please, take heed of this warning from our truly elected President-in-exile.

The last thing anyone would want is to end up like these poor lazy uneducated souls in Iraq and Afghanistan, going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children and women, (http://newsbusters.org/node/3092) and razing villages in a fashion reminiscent of Ghengis Khan.

NormanPride
10/31/2006, 09:28 AM
Personally, I hate all those stupid soldiers.

OklahomaTuba
10/31/2006, 09:32 AM
Personally, I hate all those stupid soldiers.

Have you signed up to volunteer for Kerry's 2008 election campaign yet? We need more people like you.

Hatfield
10/31/2006, 09:34 AM
that is one way to spin his poorly worded sentence.

honest question...do you really not understand what he is trying to say?

OU4LIFE
10/31/2006, 09:39 AM
regardless of what he is "trying to say"...if you are in that position, and can't word it any better than that, then shut the F*CK up. Cause no matter how you spin it, what he said sure as hell looks like he's calling the troops dumb asses.

OklahomaTuba
10/31/2006, 09:40 AM

That if you don't study real hard, and make an effort to be smart, you might just end up stuck in Iraq?

Looks like thats what he said to me.

NormanPride
10/31/2006, 09:45 AM
I'd like to see a transcript to see how he tried to weasel out of that ****up. :D

Hatfield
10/31/2006, 09:51 AM
That if you don't study real hard, and make an effort to be smart, you might just end up stuck in Iraq?

Looks like thats what he said to me.

what are the occupational avenues available to "uneducated" youths/adults? And the stats show that there is a large number of people that feel the only answer is the military. I think he was more speaking to the fact that if you don't want to be stuck with one option get educated.

i will agree however that the way he worded it was poor.

jeremy885
10/31/2006, 09:56 AM
that is one way to spin his poorly worded sentence. I'm surprised you didn't add the minority angle to that also.

TexasSooner01
10/31/2006, 10:02 AM
Kerry still looks like a weasel!

Hatfield
10/31/2006, 10:09 AM
that is one way to spin his poorly worded sentence. I'm surprised you didn't add the minority angle to that also.

you apparently are already aware of it so why state the obvious.

Widescreen
10/31/2006, 10:22 AM
..and razing villages in a fashion reminiscent of Jenjis Khan.
Fixed.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/31/2006, 10:51 AM
what are the occupational avenues available to "uneducated" youths/adults?

Uhhh, maybe some of those tradeskills jobs out there that're screaming for people but can't get folks to stick around and learn the trade because entry-level consists of the labor intensive end of the work?

I'm "uneducated". I learned a trade. I paid mine through hard work and reaped the benefits of my hard work, all while striving to become what I was blessed enough to become today. Those are the options. Push a shovel. Haul sheetrock. Pull wire. Mix brick mud. Load shingles on a roof.

Or whine that the good life should park itself on your front door when, in fact, they're "uneducated" and wouldn't know a hard day's work if it punched that "uneducated" soul in the face.

God forbid someone have to EARN a paycheck. Sheeesh.

VeeJay
10/31/2006, 10:55 AM
I'm guessing all those ignorant, lower class soldiers are in Iraq and Afghanistan just getting their military ticket punched for a future run at public office.

Maybe some of them will be lucky enough to amass numerous medals in a three month time frame and get back to the U.S.

usmc-sooner
10/31/2006, 11:02 AM
hey Kerry,

I have a college degree and I still volunteered for the Marine Corps.

RFH Shakes
10/31/2006, 11:05 AM
If those in the military are dumb and uneducated, and Kerry was in the military, what does that make Kerry?

Tulsa_Fireman
10/31/2006, 11:06 AM
A jackass?

Tulsa_Fireman
10/31/2006, 11:07 AM
What do I win, Monty?

BigRedJed
10/31/2006, 11:11 AM
I'm pretty sure that was a dig at GWB, with the "you" in "you get stuck in Iraq" being the President. Maybe everybody posting here already knows this, and just wants to have something to fight over. Listen, I'm not defending Kerry. I thought he was a tool and his word choices here were a colossal ****up. Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure he wasn't referring to the men and women in our military. This just illustrates how easily words get twisted, and how important clear communication is.

Carry on.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/31/2006, 11:12 AM
Obama/Kerry in '08! Get your votes in early!

Hatfield
10/31/2006, 11:12 AM
Uhhh, maybe some of those tradeskills jobs out there that're screaming for people but can't get folks to stick around and learn the trade because entry-level consists of the labor intensive end of the work?

I'm "uneducated". I learned a trade. I paid mine through hard work and reaped the benefits of my hard work, all while striving to become what I was blessed enough to become today. Those are the options. Push a shovel. Haul sheetrock. Pull wire. Mix brick mud. Load shingles on a roof.

Or whine that the good life should park itself on your front door when, in fact, they're "uneducated" and wouldn't know a hard day's work if it punched that "uneducated" soul in the face.

God forbid someone have to EARN a paycheck. Sheeesh.

you really took that out of what i said? defensive much?

many poor youth use the military to teach them a skill so they can earn a living after their time is up; many use it to gain money to go to college to become "educated"once their time is up;

i don't disagree that a lot of people today want the good life handed to them, but they are a subject for another thread

BigRedJed
10/31/2006, 11:13 AM
In other words, he's once again calling the President an idiot. No shocker there.

BigRedJed
10/31/2006, 11:14 AM
OK people, enjoy your thread. I'll go back to posting about rock music and the Hornets.

Rhino
10/31/2006, 11:15 AM
Oooh! Oooh! I wanna say it before Tuba does.

Typical dims.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

OklahomaTuba
10/31/2006, 11:35 AM
Oooh! Oooh! I wanna say it before Tuba does.

Typical dims.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Dammit, you beat me to it.

Oh well, at least I still have libz. HA!

OklahomaTuba
10/31/2006, 11:37 AM
In other words, he's once again calling the President an idiot. No shocker there.

Of course.

Nevermind his 30+ year tradition of slandering our armed forces with his mouth and beating them down with his votes against funding them in wars he voted for and lobbied for.

Scott D
10/31/2006, 11:37 AM
Obama/Kerry in '08! Get your votes in early!

have you considered electro-shock therapy?

Tulsa_Fireman
10/31/2006, 11:39 AM

Or IS there!?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/66/Shocker_example.jpg/180px-Shocker_example.jpg

Hatfield
10/31/2006, 11:44 AM

where does his quote call the pres an idiot?

OklahomaTuba
10/31/2006, 11:47 AM

I agree.

He wasn't even in the military for goodness sake.

Hatfield
10/31/2006, 11:49 AM
I agree.

He wasn't even in the military for goodness sake.

how can you agree with me? you have already agreed with the other side...

sad state of flip flopping you have fallen into

and why do you hate national guardsmen and not consider them part of the military?

OklahomaTuba
10/31/2006, 11:52 AM
sad state of flip flopping you have fallen into

and why do you hate national guardsmen and not consider them part of the military?

Its the lib coming out in me I guess.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/31/2006, 12:07 PM
Finally. EVIDENCE.

http://members.cox.net/firemanat25s/kerryshocker.jpg

KABOOKIE
10/31/2006, 12:14 PM
Heh. A shocker.

Anyway it's pretty well known the ticket for '08 is Billary/Obama v. McCain/Jeb Bush.

OklahomaTuba
10/31/2006, 12:16 PM
Since he's a librauh, does that mean he puts all three in the stink?

;)

SoonerNAustin
10/31/2006, 12:25 PM
FLASH: McCain Calls On Kerry To Apologize
Tue Oct 31 2006 11:43:14 ET

Senator Kerry owes an apology to the many thousands of Americans serving in Iraq, who answered their country's call because they are patriots and not because of any deficiencies in their education. Americans from all backgrounds, well off and less fortunate, with high school diplomas and graduate degrees, take seriously their duty to our country, and risk their lives today to defend the rest of us in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere.

They all deserve our respect and deepest gratitude for their service. The suggestion that only the least educated Americans would agree to serve in the military and fight in Iraq, is an insult to every soldier serving in combat, and should deeply offend any American with an ounce of appreciation for what they suffer and risk so that the rest of us can sleep more comfortably at night. Without them, we wouldn't live in a country where people securely possess all their God-given rights, including the right to express insensitive, ill-considered and uninformed remarks.

END

10/31/2006, 12:26 PM
have you considered electro-shock therapy?As your doctor, why, yes I have. I'm not yet convinced, since your problem may be just simple fence-sitting.

TUSooner
10/31/2006, 12:49 PM
I hate to even look in on this mess, especially since I may have to agree for a minute with the mindless right. On the other hand, it's an easy attack on the mindless left, so I guess it's a wash. ;)
ANYWAY.... here is a great piece from National Public Radio (yes, NPR) that takes a shot at the old Democratic party cant that "only the poor fight America's wars." It's well worth a listen It also takes a shot at the Ivy League mentality of arrogance, selfishness, and denial. I only wish I could find a free transcript to post. I say again, it's well worth a listen. (And I hope the link works.)

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6344638

TUSooner
10/31/2006, 12:54 PM
OK the link works. LISTEN! :) It's short.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=6344638

BigRedJed
10/31/2006, 12:55 PM
Hmmm... ...good question. Next question: where does his quote mention any members of the military?

You know, education, if you make the most of it, if you study hard and you do your homework, and you make an effort to be smart, uh, you, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

My point is this: I think he was trying (and failing miserably) to be witty and take another jab at Bush. A common theme from Kerry and his supporters throughout the election was that GWB wasn't smart. Now, they'll tell you he's "stuck in Iraq." The line "...make an effort to be smart..." is what makes me think that he's referring to the President as much as anything.

If you open you mind up to the possibility that poorly chosen words can easily have multiple meanings and are subject to misinterpretation, you'll see that there are potentially multiple meanings to his statement. Regardless of which way he meant it, I disagree with him. And yes, his record on supporting the military sucks. Let me reiterate, I think he's the worst kind of tool. But I really believe in this case that he was going after the President and not denigrating the military.

Of course, most of the people posting in this thread don't have open minds. That's well established. Hence, again I say, carry on.

Desert Sapper
10/31/2006, 01:08 PM
This is typical Kerry. He managed to insult the president and our armed forces in one statement. I suppose it is a product of our society, given that he should have been jailed for speaking out against our government while still in uniform. In a simpler time, he would have been...then he would have been summarily shot or hung as a traitor for providing aid and comfort to our nation's enemies. He and Jane Fonda both.

OklahomaTuba
10/31/2006, 01:21 PM
I love how John F. Kerry explains himself, by attacking Bush of course...

"This is the classic GOP playbook," Kerry said in a harshly worded statement. "I'm sick and tired of these despicable Republican attacks that always seem to come from those who never can be found to serve in war, but love to attack those who did. I'm not going to be lectured by a stuffed suit White House mouthpiece standing behind a podium."

I'm sure our troops in Iraq would feel the same way Senator Kerry, if they were smart enough to understand stuff.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/31/2006, 01:41 PM
I wouldn't say that too loud, Tuba.

You might be next for the KERRY SHOCKER.

Scott D
10/31/2006, 01:55 PM
As your doctor, why, yes I have. I'm not yet convinced, since your problem may be just simple fence-sitting.

that's ok, I'm not convinced any school could accept enough money to even consider you having the MD attached to your name in any particular way, shape, or form.

soonerscuba
10/31/2006, 02:13 PM
This is typical Kerry. He managed to insult the president and our armed forces in one statement. I suppose it is a product of our society, given that he should have been jailed for speaking out against our government while still in uniform. In a simpler time, he would have been...then he would have been summarily shot or hung as a traitor for providing aid and comfort to our nation's enemies. He and Jane Fonda both.

I consider the House of Saud to be a contributor to terrorism and thus an enemy, yet many have given them aid and comfort. Do you really want to see where this game goes? Who gets to decide what is deemed treason, and how are they appointed? If you are going to spout off retarded rhetoric at least see it through to a conclusion that doesn't end in a nanny state.

KABOOKIE
10/31/2006, 02:16 PM
"I'm sick and tired of these despicable Republican attacks that always seem to come from those who never can be found to serve in war, but love to attack those who did."

I'm sure he wasn't talking about McCain but, anywho don't let your long head get in the way of your stupidity.

OklahomaTuba
10/31/2006, 02:19 PM
I wouldn't say that too loud, Tuba.

You might be next for the KERRY SHOCKER.

Yikes.

Well, it might not be THAT bad, as long as he wears the bunnie suit and calls me Jingis.

http://www.truckerphoto.com/Kerry%20Bunny%20Suit.jpg

GrapevineSooner
10/31/2006, 02:29 PM
I don't know whose worse at PR.

Bush or Kerry.

They're both equally bad. And while I don't think Kerry meant to convey that everyone who joins the military is stupid, that's how it came out. And rather than blame the GOP or White House, he should apologize.

That is, if he still has any Presidential aspirations left in him.

OklahomaTuba
10/31/2006, 02:34 PM
Heh, this explains A LOT.

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Third_Party_Photo/2005/06/07/1118128925_2198.jpg

The transcript shows that Kerry's freshman-year average was 71. He scored a 61 in geology, a 63 and 68 in two history classes, and a 69 in political science. His top score was a 79, in another political science course. Another of his strongest efforts, a 77, came in French class.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2005/06/07/yale_grades_portray_kerry_as_a_lackluster_student/

Beef
10/31/2006, 02:38 PM
Heh, this explains A LOT.

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Third_Party_Photo/2005/06/07/1118128925_2198.jpg

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2005/06/07/yale_grades_portray_kerry_as_a_lackluster_student/
But he kicked *** in Moonraker.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/31/2006, 02:41 PM
Wow. Just wow.

http://www.jamesbond-shop.com/framesv/Jaws_gunnarl_sm.jpg

Fugue
10/31/2006, 02:43 PM
or a young, thin John Candy.

Petro-Sooner
10/31/2006, 02:49 PM
Wheres Dean? He normal eats people like this for lunch.

Desert Sapper
10/31/2006, 02:56 PM
I consider the House of Saud to be a contributor to terrorism and thus an enemy, yet many have given them aid and comfort. Do you really want to see where this game goes? Who gets to decide what is deemed treason, and how are they appointed? If you are going to spout off retarded rhetoric at least see it through to a conclusion that doesn't end in a nanny state.

Have you taken an oath to support and defend the constitution of the United States? Have you agreed, in so doing (and according to the Uniform Code of Military Justice), not to do certain things that a civilian would otherwise be allowed to do while you are wearing a uniform? Did John Kerry? Did he violate his oath and violate the UCMJ? Did he have specific political protection (from some unnamed powerful figures) that prevented prosecution for his actions? If you are going to spout off retarded rhetoric, at least have some idea of where the person you are spouting off at is coming from. At least have some semblance of an idea what you are talking about. And for the love of God, understand fully what the ramifications should have been for the actions of someone that you apparently blindly support regardless of circumstance.

I don't have much respect for any professional politicians, but some things are totally inexcusable. Please do not try to excuse actions when you apparently do not understand their severity. And please do not try to loosely discount comments by waving the ignorance flag. In doing so, you only prove your own.

OklahomaTuba
10/31/2006, 04:21 PM
Rove - you magnificent bastard!

http://www.photopile.com/photos/dead/auctions/273904.gif

Washington – Senator John Kerry issued the following statement in response to White House Press Secretary Tony Snow, assorted right wing nut-jobs, and right wing talk show hosts desperately distorting Kerry’s comments about President Bush to divert attention from their disastrous record:

“If anyone thinks a veteran would criticize the more than 140,000 heroes serving in Iraq and not the president who got us stuck there, they’re crazy. This is the classic G.O.P. playbook. I’m sick and tired of these despicable Republican attacks that always seem to come from those who never can be found to serve in war, but love to attack those who did.

I’m not going to be lectured by a stuffed suit White House mouthpiece standing behind a podium, or doughy Rush Limbaugh, who no doubt today will take a break from belittling Michael J. Fox’s Parkinson’s disease to start lying about me just as they have lied about Iraq. It disgusts me that these Republican hacks, who have never worn the uniform of our country lie and distort so blatantly and carelessly about those who have.

The people who owe our troops an apology are George W. Bush and Dick Cheney who misled America into war and have given us a Katrina foreign policy that has betrayed our ideals, killed and maimed our soldiers, and widened the terrorist threat instead of defeating it. These Republicans are afraid to debate veterans who live and breathe the concerns of our troops, not the empty slogans of an Administration that sent our brave troops to war without body armor.

Bottom line, these Republicans want to debate straw men because they’re afraid to debate real men. And this time it won’t work because we’re going to stay in their face with the truth and deny them even a sliver of light for their distortions. No Democrat will be bullied by an administration that has a cut and run policy in Afghanistan and a stand still and lose strategy in Iraq.”

As far as I can tell, this is a real press release, and not a parody.

KABOOKIE
10/31/2006, 05:17 PM
Man, sounds like someone needs to grow a beard and move to Canada for a couple of years.

NormanPride
10/31/2006, 05:19 PM
Why, why are the Democrats so inept? We need three parties. Or five. Or NONE. :mad:

Harry Beanbag
10/31/2006, 06:34 PM
Hmmm... ...good question. Next question: where does his quote mention any members of the military?

My point is this: I think he was trying (and failing miserably) to be witty and take another jab at Bush. A common theme from Kerry and his supporters throughout the election was that GWB wasn't smart. Now, they'll tell you he's "stuck in Iraq." The line "...make an effort to be smart..." is what makes me think that he's referring to the President as much as anything.

If you open you mind up to the possibility that poorly chosen words can easily have multiple meanings and are subject to misinterpretation, you'll see that there are potentially multiple meanings to his statement. Regardless of which way he meant it, I disagree with him. And yes, his record on supporting the military sucks. Let me reiterate, I think he's the worst kind of tool. But I really believe in this case that he was going after the President and not denigrating the military.

Of course, most of the people posting in this thread don't have open minds. That's well established. Hence, again I say, carry on.

What does Bush being a Yale graduate do to this theory?

Harry Beanbag
10/31/2006, 06:36 PM
Rove - you magnificent bastard!

http://www.photopile.com/photos/dead/auctions/273904.gif

As far as I can tell, this is a real press release, and not a parody.

It is real, I heard Kerry spew it on the radio. He needs to go get fitted for a straight jacket and join his buddy Al Gore in the rubber room.

Jerk
10/31/2006, 06:41 PM
Wow! You don't even have to take Kerry's words out of context here to prove that he is a total ******ROCKET!

10/31/2006, 06:47 PM
Wow! You don't even have to take Kerry's words out of context here to prove that he is a total ******ROCKET!Wrong! That title is reserved for those vile republicans. Kerry might be a McGovernick, however.

Sooner98
10/31/2006, 06:55 PM
If he was in fact taking a jab at the Prez and not the troops, he needs to come out and unequivically say that that's what he was doing, and apologize to the troops for the "misunderstanding".

Or, he could just get all defensive, blame Republicans for taking his words "out of context", and watch any future political aspirations go up in smoke.

BigRedJed
10/31/2006, 07:28 PM
What does Bush being a Yale graduate do to this theory?
Do to my theory? I think you miss my point. I agree that Kerry's a jerk, and his statement is dumb. I twice voted for GWB, and will admit to it freely. I also believe that the President is far more intelligent than his public relations or public speaking skills would have you believe. That doesn't change the fact that Kerry and his supporters maintain the President is a moron, and that this statement, if directed at GWB as I suggested, is consistent with their party line for years. My theory is intact.

BigRedJed
10/31/2006, 07:29 PM
If he was in fact taking a jab at the Prez and not the troops, he needs to come out and unequivically say that that's what he was doing, and apologize to the troops for the "misunderstanding".

Or, he could just get all defensive, blame Republicans for taking his words "out of context", and watch any future political aspirations go up in smoke.
I agree with the former, and expect him to do the latter.

Harry Beanbag
10/31/2006, 07:42 PM
Do to my theory? I think you miss my point. I agree that Kerry's a jerk, and his statement is dumb. I twice voted for GWB, and will admit to it freely. I also believe that the President is far more intelligent than his public relations or public speaking skills would have you believe. That doesn't change the fact that Kerry and his supporters maintain the President is a moron, and that this statement, if directed at GWB as I suggested, is consistent with their party line for years. My theory is intact.

If you mean that Kerry and his comrades will spout off anything to attempt to score political points, no matter how juvenile, idiotic, full of hypocrisy, and unable to stand up to the simplest form of scrutiny or questioning, then yes I agree. http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/kerry.gif

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 01:28 PM
http://www.drudgereport.com/irak.jpg

Heh.

Plese Jon! Halp them!

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 01:40 PM
http://www.seixon.com/blog/images/iraqisfordummies.jpg

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 01:44 PM
the way kerry's comment came out was assinine, but tuba when bush said this:

Terrorists never stop trying to find ways to hurt our country, and neither do we

did you know what he meant or did you think he really is looking for ways to hurt our country?

i also agree he needs to stop attacking repubs and just clear the air with what he was trying to say and then go learn how to tell a joke.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 01:45 PM
BTW, it seems more and more of the anti-American hate the military left is really glad he spoke "the truth".

Talk about speaking the stark truth to students who want more out of life. The education system in California is a mess, especially in L.A. County. Each day I pick my daughter up at school I see the recruiters leaving, smiling because they have snagged another kid who’s trapped by the system and sees no future other than enlisting. It shouldn’t be like this. A 50% drop out rate is unacceptable. What is the bottom line for these kids, a job at McDonald’s or Iraq. Kudos to Kerry for delivering a wake up call to the young voters at the rally

http://blog.thedemocraticdaily.com/?p=4598

jk the sooner fan
11/1/2006, 01:46 PM

funny how you'll give Kerry a pass on this, yet when Bush say something similar, you're all over his jock like white on rice

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 01:48 PM
funny how you'll give Kerry a pass on this, yet when Bush say something similar, you're all over his jock like white on rice

funny how my post 2 posts up contradicts your assertion

and for what it is worth i think it was a horribly conceived idea with an even more **** poor delivery. he should have been very careful how he said what he was trying to say

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 01:49 PM
the way kerry's comment came out was assinine, but tuba when bush said this:

I think the difference is, Bush doesn't have a 30+ year record of trashing The Military when ever he gets the chance.

Seems to be a yearly thing now since Kerry lost.

1971 - Lied about them being genocidal rapists and murderers in front of Congress.
2005 - Called them Terrorists on National TV
2006 - Called them Stupid

Maybe Dick Durban can get back into the act, since he doesn't mind calling the troops Nazis, on the floor of the US Senate and all.

Tear Down This Wall
11/1/2006, 01:50 PM
Well, I've laid out long enough; time to join the thread...

I was eating dinner last night when I heard the John Kerry clip. I though, "What a stupid f*ckhole." I mean, he knew the cameras were rolling and everything.

I know this. With my cousin over there - my cousin who left college voluntarily to join the fight - I don't think anything about Iraq is a "joking" matter.

I'll say more, too...
My cousin who put college on hold to go fight for our country is twice the man John Kerry will ever be - in intellect and courage.

Also...
Why is this d*ckhole Kerry still trying to talk down George W. Bush's intellect when they went to the same college and W made
higher grades?

John Kerry is nothing but a sham. The Democratics Party is filled to the brim with cowardly defeatists like him. They look down on us in South, Midwestern, and Western part of the country, even though it's largely the blood, sweat, and tears of our sons, daughters, parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins protecting this country from the islamofascists.

P*ssies.

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 01:51 PM
I think the difference is, Bush doesn't have a 30+ year record of trashing The Military when ever he gets the chance.

1971 - Lied about them being genocidal rapists and murderers in front of Congress.
2005 - Called them Terrorists on National TV
2006 - Called them Stupid

Maybe Dick Durban can get back into the act, since he doesn't mind calling the troops Nazis, on the floor of the US Senate and all.

your interpretation of the facts are awesome

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 01:51 PM
Hey Hat, you ever read this before? Maybe you should:

They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war, and the normal and very particular ravaging which is done by the applied bombing power of this country.

Damn those facts.

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 01:53 PM
Hey Hat, you ever read this before? Maybe you should:

ok now what?

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 01:54 PM
Maybe you should read this one too hat:

"And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs."http://newsbusters.org/stories/kerry_us_troops_terrorizing.html?q=node/3092

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 01:56 PM

1971 - Lied about them being genocidal rapists and murderers in front of Congress. has he been proven a liar?
2005 - Called them Terrorists on National TV interesting interpretation of what was said
2006 - Called them Stupid again interesting interpretation

Maybe Dick Durban can get back into the act, since he doesn't mind calling the troops Nazis, on the floor of the US Senate and all. he didn't call them nazis

everything is so literal with you until it is something against your party.

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 01:57 PM
is that where you are saying that he called them terrorists? because you know he didn't right?

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 01:59 PM
Of course, never mind the fact he voted to send our Men and Women to war in Iraq, then voted against funding them in that war.

All facts, which seem lost on you Hat, not surprisingly of course.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 02:03 PM
is that where you are saying that he called them terrorists? because you know he didn't right?

Hmm, so terrorists don't terrorize people huh?

I guess that means its just our troops then.

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 02:04 PM
Hmm, so terrorists don't terrorize people huh?

I guess that means its just our troops then.

is that what I said?

if i "terrorize" someone that doesn't automatically make me a terrorist

again with your inability to move beyond the spoken word...tell me how it is you understand bush doesn't mean to cause harm to america

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 02:05 PM
everything is so literal with you until it is something against your party.

Are you saying we should NEVER take what liberals mean literally??

Interesting.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 02:06 PM
if i "terrorize" someone that doesn't automatically make me a terrorist

What does that make you then?

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 02:07 PM
Of course, never mind the fact he voted to send our Men and Women to war in Iraq, then voted against funding them in that war.

All facts, which seem lost on you Hat, not surprisingly of course.

it really is as simple as saying he voted against funding them in the war isn't it? no context or understanding of what was attached to the bill required.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 02:08 PM
I guess those lazy idiots are living in a black and white world as well.

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 02:08 PM
Are you saying we should NEVER take what liberals mean literally??

Interesting.

yes that is exactly what i said. your powers of understanding and comprehension are outstanding.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 02:09 PM
it really is as simple as saying he voted against funding them in the war isn't it? no context or understanding of what was attached to the bill required.

Well, he did vote for it, before it voted against it, what ever that means.

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 02:09 PM
I guess those lazy idiots are living in a black and white world as well.

photoshop is fun. and again deflect all you want.

you obviously apply one set of rules to one side and none to your own. typical

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 02:10 PM
Well, he did vote for it, before it voted against it, what ever that means.

again it really is that simple isn't it? keep up the mantra.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 02:10 PM
yes that is exactly what i said. your powers of understanding and comprehension are outstanding.

Thats funny, considering you did the same thing when you posted President Bush's quote.

SicEmBaylor
11/1/2006, 02:11 PM

Regardless of intent, it was a dumbass statement from Kerry who not only should know better but is someone that is suppose to be very precise in his language. Where's Bob Beckel when you need him??

mdklatt
What does that make you then?

If you're not going to bother to learn English, then get your *** back to Mexico or whatever country you came from.

Hatfield
Regardless of intent, it was a dumbass statement from Kerry who not only should know better but is someone that is suppose to be very precise in his language. Where's Bob Beckel when you need him??

i haven't said it was an intelligent thing to say. in fact i have said the opposite.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 02:12 PM
photoshop is fun.

You think this was photoshopped???

Of course, how could those lazy idiots ever do anything like that. Shouldn't they just be out shooting brown people n stuff?

Talk about living in a black and white world, heh.

JohnnyMack
11/1/2006, 02:12 PM
John Kerry is a dumbass.

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 02:15 PM
You think this was photoshopped???

Of course, how could those lazy idiots ever do anything like that. Shouldn't they just be out shooting brown people n stuff?

Talk about living in a black and white world, heh.

why do you keep calling members of the military lazy idiots?

and i see on drudge the photo so maybe it isn't photoshopped.

still don't know why you persist in supporting terrorist snipers and calling our military names in an overly racist manner

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 02:16 PM
maybe it isn't photoshopped.
Heh, maybe.

http://www.620wtmj.com/images/uploaded/Help%20Photo20061101105508.JPG

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 02:17 PM
why do you keep calling members of the military lazy idiots?

Just trying to see how the left sees things. :D

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 02:19 PM
well i guess if it makes you feel better to call the members of the military lazy idiots then that is your right.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 02:22 PM
well i guess if it makes you feel better to call the members of the military lazy idiots then that is your right.

Cool, I guess that means I can vote democratic now.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 02:22 PM
BTW, did we ever decide on what to call people who terrorize?

Since calling them terrorists doesn't work, that is.

SicEmBaylor
11/1/2006, 02:23 PM
I think the real issue here is that when a prominent member of the Democratic Party makes a verbal gaffe it will be exploited by the GOP for political gain; likewise, a verbal gaffe by a prominent member of the Republican Party will be exploited for political gain by the Democratic Party.

There's no point in getting ****ed off that the other side is doing it; because, you're just as guilty as they are.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 02:26 PM
I think the real issue here is that when a prominent member of the Democratic Party makes a verbal gaffe it will be exploited by the GOP for political gain; likewise, a verbal gaffe by a prominent member of the Republican Party will be exploited for political gain by the Democratic Party.

So, what happens when its a trend of "verbal gaffes" that all slander the same people??

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 02:27 PM
BTW, did we ever decide on what to call people who terrorize?

Since calling them terrorists doesn't work, that is.

in the context of what he said you really believe he was calling them "terrorists" in the manner you are trying to use it.......

telling.

and vote however you like but don't feel the need to call our military names tuba.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 02:29 PM
in the context of what he said you really believe he was calling them "terrorists" in the manner you are trying to use it.......

telling.

Well, tell us wise one, what should we call those who terrorize woman and children in the nite?

Goblins maybe????

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 02:30 PM
and vote however you like but don't feel the need to call our military names tuba.

Ironic, coming from someone who is defending John F. Kerry, the master of slandering this nations military.

SicEmBaylor
11/1/2006, 02:31 PM
So, what happens when its a trend of "verbal gaffes" that all slander the same people??
Exploit it!

leavingthezoo
11/1/2006, 02:32 PM
funny how my post 2 posts up contradicts your assertion

and for what it is worth i think it was a horribly conceived idea with an even more **** poor delivery. he should have been very careful how he said what he was trying to say

i think even if he'd worded it differently, he still shouldn't have said it. kerry cannot tell jokes. i mean... literally. there's not a funny bone in the man's body and that he would try to come across as comedic is an abomination.

i wish he would just say, "it doesn't matter what i might've meant to say, what matters is what i've said. it was offensive and for that i apologize."

why is it so hard for people to apologize?

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 02:34 PM
Ironic, coming from someone who is defending John F. Kerry, the master of slandering this nations military.

i wasn't aware i have been defending him

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 02:36 PM
Glad to see more and more patriotic left leaning Americans cheering John F. Kerry on in his campaign to spread the truth about our troops.

Should Kerry apologize?

Amy Altschul, Oakland
Why should a person apologize for telling the truth? The truth is, for those who are not educated, the military is one of their only outlets. This does not mean the people are stupid, it means they are uneducated. Their lack of education often means the military, which currently means Iraq.

Miriam Rosenau, Berkeley
No way. Since when are you supposed to apologize for telling the truth?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=13&entry_id=10443

leavingthezoo
11/1/2006, 02:38 PM
gosh tuba, i hope you're quoting me and saying, "glad to see more patriotic left leaning Americans not support john kerry".... 'cause you're all about equality and fairness, no?

feel free to post links here to every place you quote me. :D

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 02:40 PM
i think even if he'd worded it differently, he still shouldn't have said it. kerry cannot tell jokes. i mean... literally. there's not a funny bone in the man's body and that he would try to come across as comedic is an abomination.

i wish he would just say, "it doesn't matter what i might've meant to say, what matters is what i've said. it was offensive and for that i apologize."

why is it so hard for people to apologize?

I don't believe he ever apologized for lying about his statement in front of Congress in 1971.

Maybe that would be a good place to start for him.

sooner n houston
11/1/2006, 02:44 PM
From the WallStreet Journal OP/ED pages:

Kerry was supposed to say, "I can't overstress the importance of a
great education. Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you
aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck
in a war in Iraq."

Ain't that a riot? Go ahead, wipe the coffee off your keyboard. We'll
wait.

If we believe the Kerry aide's claim, Kerry apparently meant to
disparage the president's intelligence and studiousness, to suggest that
somehow the liberation of Iraq is the product of Bush's lack of education.
But this makes no sense. Bush has both bachelor's and master's degrees
from Ivy League universities. How can that be if he is both stupid and
lazy?

In any case, Kerry's refusal to apologize for what he actually said is
quite astonishing. (The closest he's come, according to Reuters: "Of course, I'm sorry about a botched joke.") As blogger Edward Morrissey http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/008409.php
notes:

*** QUOTE ***

He's left with the argument that he misquoted himself while trying to
show off his supposed intellectual superiority over George Bush, and
that it's all Bush's fault despite being Kerry's intellectual inferior.
Really, no one could have scripted a more hilarious scenario, and the
longer Kerry continues this line of defense/offense, the more ridiculous a
figure he becomes.

*** END QUOTE ***

GrapevineSooner

There's no point in getting ****ed off that the other side is doing it; because, you're just as guilty as they are.

When it was revealed that Mark Foley was slightly more than creepy, the leadership of the Democratic Party exploited it to the hilt.

Tit for Tat.

OklahomaTuba
gosh tuba, i hope you're quoting me and saying, "glad to see more patriotic left leaning Americans not support john kerry".... 'cause you're all about equality and fairness, no?

feel free to post links here to every place you quote me. :D

Shouldn't everyone be disagreeing with him?

One would hope that everyone would not support John Kerry in slandering our troops.

Just interesting to see how many on the left actually do support him though.

11/1/2006, 02:45 PM
i

why is it so hard for people to apologize?He doesn't want to set a precedent for dims by apologizing for calling conservatives "stupid". Think of all the retroactive apologies that would be in order.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 02:46 PM
From the WallStreet Journal OP/ED pages:

Kerry was supposed to say, "I can't overstress the importance of a
great education. Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you
aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck
in a war in Iraq."

Ain't that a riot? Go ahead, wipe the coffee off your keyboard. We'll
wait.

If we believe the Kerry aide's claim, Kerry apparently meant to
disparage the president's intelligence and studiousness, to suggest that
somehow the liberation of Iraq is the product of Bush's lack of education.
But this makes no sense. Bush has both bachelor's and master's degrees
from Ivy League universities. How can that be if he is both stupid and
lazy?

In any case, Kerry's refusal to apologize for what he actually said is
quite astonishing. (The closest he's come, according to Reuters: "Of course, I'm sorry about a botched joke.") As blogger Edward Morrissey http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/008409.php
notes:

*** QUOTE ***

He's left with the argument that he misquoted himself while trying to
show off his supposed intellectual superiority over George Bush, and
that it's all Bush's fault despite being Kerry's intellectual inferior.
Really, no one could have scripted a more hilarious scenario, and the
longer Kerry continues this line of defense/offense, the more ridiculous a
figure he becomes.

*** END QUOTE ***

Heh.

And to think, it took the donks two days to come up with that.

Nice.

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 02:46 PM
Well, tell us wise one, what should we call those who terrorize woman and children in the nite?

Goblins maybe????

see here is the deal....if during the course of their operations (or at any other time) our military "terrorizes" a group of people or a person then by definition they could be labeled as terrorists as it relates to that incident/operation.

now does this mean they are terrorists of the nature that we are currently fighting? certainly not...but that is what you are itching to do.

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 02:48 PM
The truth is, for those who are not educated, the military is one of their only outlets. This does not mean the people are stupid, it means they are uneducated. Their lack of education often means the military, which currently means Iraq.

i see nothing inaccurate about this statement.

1stTimeCaller
11/1/2006, 02:48 PM
has anyone brought up the facts that John Kerry is a ****** regardless of what he meant to say and that his grades and GWB's grades at Yale were nearly identical?

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 02:49 PM
has anyone brought up the facts that John Kerry is a ****** regardless of what he meant to say and that his grades and GWB's grades at Yale were nearly identical?

gwb scored like a 77 compared to kerry's 76 so he is clearly less stoopid. ;)

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 02:52 PM
if during the course of their operations (or at any other time) our military "terrorizes" a group of people or a person then by definition they could be labeled as terrorists as it relates to that incident/operation.
So, let me get this right.

Kerry didn't call our troops terrorists.

But they terrorize a group of people according to Kerry.

Hmm...

ter‧ror‧ist  /ˈtɛrərɪst/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ter-er-ist] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.
2. a person who terrorizes or frightens others.
3. (formerly) a member of a political group in Russia aiming at the demoralization of the government by terror.
4. an agent or partisan of the revolutionary tribunal during the Reign of Terror in France.
–adjective 5. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of terrorism or terrorists: terrorist tactics.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/terrorist

Oh, I forgot, he didn't call our troops terrorists.

Thanks for clearing that up Hat!

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 02:53 PM
you are saying kerry called them terrorists.

he did not use the word terrorists...you did because you want our soldiers to be terrorists since in this thread you claim they are lazy and stupid

Fugue
11/1/2006, 02:56 PM
How about a Tuba/Hatfield Scrabble game? :D

Hatfield
let's go down that road.

if they were terrorizing people, and he called them terrorists when talking about that incident (which he didn't call them)....so what...he is just using the correct word to describe it....so why the outrage over the correct label?

the outrage is because people like you don't care about the true definition of the word you want to warp it into meaning those that we are fighting and make it seem like a slur on the military.

which is ignorant.

OklahomaTuba
you are saying kerry called them terrorists.

he did not use the word terrorists...you did because you want our soldiers to be terrorists since in this thread you claim they are lazy and stupid

Well, you said we cannot take what liberals say literally, so I am trying to figure it out.

So again, what should Kerry call our troops then, since he claims they are terrorizing a group of people?

Or are we going to ignore the actual definition of terrorist some more?

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 02:58 PM
Well, you said we cannot take what liberals say literally, so I am trying to figure it out.

So again, what should Kerry call our troops then, since he claims they are terrorizing a group of people?

Or are we going to ignore the actual definition of terrorist some more?

is that what i said? or is it what you said i said?

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 02:58 PM
the outrage is because people like you don't care about the true definition of the word you want to warp it into meaning those that we are fighting and make it seem like a slur on the military.

I guess you missed it the first time.

Here it is again for you:

terrorist 
2. a person who terrorizes or frightens others.

Did you catch that? No warping going on here from me hat, that's from dictionary.com.

Kerry said the troops were terrorizing other people, which means he was pretty much saying the exact definition of the word terrorist.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 03:00 PM
is that what i said? or is it what you said i said?
No, you said it.

Unless I wasn't supposed to be taking what you said literally, which in that case would fit your logic of not taking what liberals say literally thus avoiding living in a black and white world.

Fugue
11/1/2006, 03:02 PM
it depends on what the meaning of is, is. :texan:

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 03:03 PM
explain to me then what is wrong if he called them terrorists (which he didn't) if they were terrorizing people during their operations

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 03:04 PM
Ignoring facts like word definitions is FUN!

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/1/2006, 03:04 PM
No pictures of the World Trade Center??? FOR SHAME!!!!!

Fugue
11/1/2006, 03:05 PM
SCRABBLE

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 03:06 PM
explain to me then what is wrong if he called them terrorists (which he didn't) if they were terrorizing people during their operations

Funny how you don't dispute the whole "they were terrorizing people during their operations" statement.

Rather, you dispute the definition of a word in the dictionary.

Makes me giggle.

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 03:06 PM
Ignoring facts like word definitions is FUN!

again what is wrong with calling them terrorists then if that is the correct word?

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 03:07 PM
what i dispute is your partisan hackery as it relates to the word terrorist.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 03:07 PM
No pictures of the World Trade Center??? FOR SHAME!!!!!

Hey now, this thread isn't about Bush and his attacks on this country. Thats another thread for another day. :D

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 03:09 PM
again what is wrong with calling them terrorists then if that is the correct word?

Maybe the fact that our troops aren't terrorists and aren't terrorizing people, like John F. Kerry would like us all to believe???

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 03:11 PM
how can you say they aren't terrorizing people?

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 03:12 PM
what i dispute is your partisan hackery as it relates to the word terrorist.

I see, its all the evil neoKKKon's fault that Kerry said our troops are acting like terrorists.

Maybe Karl Rove had that definition of terrorist inserted into the dictionary, just to smear John F. Kerry.

How typical of the GOP smear machine.

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 03:12 PM
an unintended byproduct of their very job/presence seems that it could lead to the terrorizing of the local populace.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 03:13 PM
how can you say they aren't terrorizing people?

So you think they are?

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 03:13 PM
I see, its all the evil neoKKKon's fault that Kerry said our troops are acting like terrorists.

Maybe Karl Rove had that definition of terrorist inserted into the dictionary, just to smear John F. Kerry.

How typical of the GOP smear machine.

again you prove my point as to your partisan hackery.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 03:14 PM
an unintended byproduct of their very job/presence seems that it could lead to the terrorizing of the local populace.

So, will that mean you will be calling your brother a terrorist then?

I wonder if Halmark makes a card for that?

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 03:15 PM
So you think they are?

i think it is very reasonable to believe that many people that have come into contact with our military have been terrorized or frightened for whatever reason...be it mere presence, operations taking place in their neighborhoods, etc.

does that mean i think it is something intended? no....but your definition indicates that intention isn't a requisite to be a terrorist

rebmus
11/1/2006, 03:16 PM
i scanned the last few pages and didn't see it yet... sorry if already posted.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 03:16 PM
i think it is very reasonable to believe that many people that have come into contact with our military have been terrorized for whatever reason...be it mere presence, operations taking place in their neighborhoods, etc.

does that mean i think it is something intended? no....but your definition indicates that intention isn't a requisite.

So will you be calling the troops terrorists today, or will this just drag on for another hour until you finally do that?

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 03:17 PM
So, will that mean you will be calling your brother a terrorist then?

I wonder if Halmark makes a card for that?

you are a worthless human being.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 03:18 PM
i scanned the last few pages and didn't see it yet... sorry if already posted.

Thats ok, post it again dude.

Best

Banner

EVAR.

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 03:19 PM
So will you be calling the troops terrorists today, or will this just drag on for another hour until you finally do that?

again.

if they frighten or terrorize people then by YOUR definition they are terrorists.
so then the question becomes why do you insinuate that it is a bad thing?

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 03:19 PM
you are a worthless human being.

Maybe you should think before just saying the troops are over there "terrorizing" people, huh?

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 03:20 PM
again.

if they frighten or terrorize people then by YOUR definition they are terrorists.

And by YOUR definition, you mean the dictionaries, right?

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 03:23 PM
Maybe you should think before just saying the troops are over there "terrorizing" people, huh?

again

YOUR definition is terrorize or frighten.

that is all it takes to be a terrorist.

and you (tuba from the confine of the comfy chair in fat america) don't get to determine if someone else is frightened or terrorized.

Why is it so hard to understand that people will be frightened or terrorized by an occupying force in their country...which would force our troops (who you claim are lazy and stupid) into the definition of terrorist.

you claim it is a bad thing and I don't*

*when used with the definition of terrorist you provided.

i just see it as an unintended byproduct of our presence

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 03:24 PM
And by YOUR definition, you mean the dictionaries, right?

no i mean the 1 definition that is so loose that you chose to quote. as i am sure you are waiting for me to give you the opening to say that i said they fit into one of the more strict definitions of terrorists

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 03:24 PM
by your defintion if I walk down the hall and scare an unsuspecting person i am a terrorist.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 03:26 PM
again

YOUR definition is terrorize or frighten.

that is all it takes to be a terrorist.

and you (tuba from the confine of the comfy chair in fat america) don't get to determine if someone else is frightened or terrorized.

Hmm,

Interesting how you keep trying to ignore the definition of a word in the dictionary by saying its my definition.

BTW, I didn't determine if someone is terrorized, you and John F. Kerry did.

And you two seem more than happy to blame our soldiers for doing it.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 03:28 PM
Why is it so hard to understand that people will be frightened or terrorized by an occupying force in their country...which would force our troops (who you claim are lazy and stupid) into the definition of terrorist.

you claim it is a bad thing and I don't*

Well, I thought it would take at least half an hour to get to the point of you calling our troops terrorists.

Scott D
11/1/2006, 03:30 PM
I've notified Homeland Security that this thread is terrorizing my eyes...and it should be dealt with using sufficient force.

TexasSooner01
11/1/2006, 03:31 PM
John Kerry is a Penis!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 03:32 PM
Hmm,

Interesting how you keep trying to ignore the definition of a word in the dictionary by saying its my definition.

BTW, I didn't determine if someone is terrorized, you and John F. Kerry did.

And you two seem more than happy to blame our soldiers for doing it.

terrorized or frightened both are part of the definition

and i am not "blaming" our soldiers for doing it

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 03:32 PM
Well kids, we learned two very important lessons here today:

1) Don't take liberals literally at what they say, cause if you do, you're just living in a black and white world.

and

2) If you don't like the definition of words in the dictionary, just ignore them or blame them on republicans.

Oh, and I rest my case.

Ciao!

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 03:34 PM
Well kids, we learned two very important lessons here today:

1) Don't take liberals literally at what they say, cause if you do, you'er just living in a black and white world.

and

2) If you don't like the definition of words in the dictionary, just ignore them or blame them on republicans.

no we learned nothing new today.

you bury your head in the sand draw some imaginary line and then speak nonsense until you hope the other side gives up.

then you take pot shots at the family members of those who have relatives serving. (that was a new high in your campaign)

i am just suprised you haven't rested your case.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 03:38 PM

you bury your head in the sand draw some imaginary line and then speak nonsense until you hope the other side gives up.

I wonder, if I keep my head in the sand, will it keep all those evil horrible dictionary defintions away?????

Someone outta do something about those things, really.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 03:40 PM
then you take pot shots at the family members of those who have relatives serving. (that was a new high in your campaign)

Seems you hit a high yourself by calling our troops terrorists.

I'll have the boys on the fark board make a banner for you.

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 03:48 PM
and again if they fit the definition why are you trying to make it sound like a bad thing?

honest question.

and i like how you act like i have called them terrorists today.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 03:52 PM
and again if they fit the definition why are you trying to make it sound like a bad thing?

honest question.

Because I don't believe our troops are terrorizing people.

Something we will both have to agree to disagree with unfortunately.

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 03:53 PM
Because I don't believe our troops are terrorizing people.

Something we will both have to agree to disagree with unfortunately.

how about frightening people? and also keep in mind that their actions don't have to be intentional.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 03:55 PM
and i like how you act like i have called them terrorists today.

So you didn't call them terrorists here then?

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 03:56 PM
how about frightening people? and also keep in mind that their actions don't have to be intentional.

What about this.

Instead of getting on national TV to say they are terrorizing people, why not just STFU and quit trying to slander the military?

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 03:59 PM
So, since we have successfully covered the terrorizing comment from Kerry, can we now move on to the 1971 speech? Or how about Dick Durban's comments on the Senate Floor last year?

I'd really hate to have to dig up the definition of rapist and nazi.

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 04:02 PM
so the fact that you refuse to answer my question shows you to be the hyporcrit you are.

and again i like how you show me where i didn't call our troops terrorist and claim i did....

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 04:04 PM
So, since we have successfully covered the terrorizing comment from Kerry, can we now move on to the 1971 speech? Or how about Dick Durban's comments on the Senate Floor last year?

I'd really hate to have to dig up the definition of rapist and nazi.

yes show us again where durbin didn't call them nazis and then rest your case

seriously it isn't hard....simply explain your position.

if our troops are unintentionally frightening or terrorizing people which, according to the definition you provided, would categorize them as terrorists in that regard...why is that a "bad" thing.

leavingthezoo
11/1/2006, 04:05 PM
this thread is like mind tennis without the minds.

:D

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 04:06 PM
this thread is like mind tennis without the minds.

:D
then appropriate you showed up. :P

leavingthezoo
11/1/2006, 04:07 PM
well, yeah! someone needs to be the brains of the operation.

:P

Tulsa_Fireman
11/1/2006, 04:09 PM
What's that big fancy word folks use to avoid the meat n' taters of an argument by advancing another?

In my line of work, we call it 'crawfishin'.

http://www.mackers.com/crayfish/external.jpg

Goes great with gumbo!

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 04:12 PM
so the fact that you refuse to answer my question shows you to be the hyporcrit you are.

and again i like how you show me where i didn't call our troops terrorist and claim i did....

Yet you claim our troops are terrorizing people.

I thought we covered that whole definition of terrorist thing already?

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 04:16 PM
yes show us again where durbin didn't call them nazis and then rest your case

seriously it isn't hard....simply explain your position.

You mean this?

If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime--Pol Pot or others--that had no concern for human beings. Sadly, that is not the case. This was the action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.

Hat, I really hope you aren't going to defend this vile statement or try to spin it.

Hell, I would somewhat hope you would disagree with it! Hopefully I am not asking too much.

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 04:18 PM
answer the question tuba. pretty please.

if the troops fall within the definition of terrorist (being those that frighen or terrorize) through the simple act of doing their job why is that a "bad" thing

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 04:20 PM
answer the question tuba. pretty please.

if the troops fall within the definition of terrorist (being those that frighen or terrorize) through the simple act of doing their job why is that a "bad" thing

I did answer it, and they don't become terrorists simply by doing their job.

Maybe you shouldn't be so eager to blame them for terrorizing people?

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 04:21 PM
You mean this?

Hat, I really hope you aren't going to defend this vile statement or try to spin it.

Hell, I would somewhat hope you would disagree with it! Hopefully I am not asking too much.

he didn't say we are nazis.

he said if i didn't tell you who said this you would think of nazis, soviets in gulags, etc.

speaking to the nature of what we are/were (that he was talking about) doing is unacceptble.

big difference in saying they are nazis.

but why would you recognize that?

you can also tell me why bush wants to hurt america.....since those were his words.

but don't get distracted. answer my question

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 04:22 PM
I did answer it, and they don't become terrorists simply by doing their job.

but if their job frightens or terrorizes then the definition you provide indicates they do.

so the second half of the question that remains unanswered is why is that a bad thing

and please show me where you answered the question.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 04:23 PM
Now, answer my question about Dick Durban comparing our troops to Nazis and the like.

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 04:25 PM
i will give you a full and honest answer as soon as you provide me with one. or show me where you already have

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 04:25 PM
he didn't say we are nazis.

he said if i didn't tell you who said this you would think of nazis, soviets in gulags, etc.

Ok, so he said we are doing work like the Nazis, Soviets in gulags, etc.

Your OK with that?

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 04:26 PM
and to the anonymous neg speker accusing me of being a "kerry lover"

please don't have children. what you might have could be hereditary.

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 04:26 PM
Ok, so he said we are doing work like the Nazis, Soviets in gulags, etc.

Your OK with that?

again you want answers answer my question.

Scott D
11/1/2006, 04:27 PM
I propose that the mods change Tuba's name to McCoy just to up the amusement factor of this thread.

leavingthezoo
11/1/2006, 04:28 PM
heh.

Harry Beanbag
11/1/2006, 04:29 PM
What is that saying again? "If you argue with a fool, pretty soon bystanders won't be able to tell the difference", or something like that.

I'll let you guys try to decide who's who.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 04:30 PM
but if their job frightens or terrorizes then the definition you provide indicates they do.

so the second half of the question that remains unanswered is why is that a bad thing.

Its a bad thing because they do not terrorize. Your eagerness to claim that they do is disgusting.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2006, 04:31 PM
I propose that the mods change Tuba's name to McCoy just to up the amusement factor of this thread.

Why is that?

Hatfield
i ain't arguing.

leavingthezoo
hatfields and mccoys

Hatfield
11/1/2006, 04:32 PM
Its a bad thing because they do not terrorize. Your eagerness to claim that they do is disgusting.

so you still don't want to answer the question.

and use terrorize or frighten they are interchangeable.

your attempts to misconstrue what i am saying is disgusting.

Scott D
11/1/2006, 04:33 PM
Why is that?

you hillbillies figure it out :D

Harry Beanbag
11/1/2006, 04:36 PM
i ain't arguing.

Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any more amusing. :)

Tulsa_Fireman
11/1/2006, 04:37 PM
Let's go to Soonerfans dot com
With Kerry, ol' G-Dub and the troops.
This successful thread we're readin'
Got us feudin' like ol' Lester and Bob Stoops.

Between Tuba and Hatfield,
Halliburton and oil deals...
And Feinstein cryin' 'bout your guns.

Here at Sooner Fans dot com,
We're just here to have a lil' fun.

Jerk
11/1/2006, 04:39 PM
heh!

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/230/helpphoto2ye7.jpg

Jerk
11/1/2006, 04:40 PM
And Feinstein cryin' 'bout your guns.

The old hag can cry all of she wants. She ain't getting them.

Scott D
11/1/2006, 04:41 PM
I think that picture needs to be posted about 20 more times today.

leavingthezoo
11/1/2006, 04:42 PM
I think that picture needs to be posted about 20 more times today.

are you being snarky? i think you're being snarky. :mad:

Mongo
11/1/2006, 04:44 PM
I bet there are some sore e-penises from all the e-circle jerkin'

Scott D
11/1/2006, 04:48 PM
I bet there are some sore e-penises from all the e-circle jerkin'

I heard if you used some e-vasoline you wouldn't be so e-chapped.

Ike
11/1/2006, 04:48 PM
heh!

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/230/helpphoto2ye7.jpg

those are faces only a general can love...

(I keed, I keed)

Jerk
11/1/2006, 04:51 PM
Keep replying, we'll get that pic posted 18 more times yet.

Jerk
11/1/2006, 04:53 PM
...and I don't believe the b.s. that this was a botched joke.

First off, it didn't sound like a joke.

Second, Kerry used the pronoun YOU, as "YOU" will be stuck in Iraq.

Ike
11/1/2006, 04:56 PM

I don't know and I don't care what it was. John Kerry proved in 2004 that he wasn't electable, and now he's out and about showing us once again why he was a terrible choice for the democratic nomination. Seriously...As much as I can't stand Bush, I can't stand Kerry more. and thats saying something.

PhilTLL
11/1/2006, 05:35 PM

It was written for him as "you get us stuck in Iraq." An unfunny line to be sure, but if he had delivered it correctly, his target wouldn't be at issue. I think Kerry is an arrogant mealy-mouthed whiner most of the time, and in 2004 I blank-voted the presidential section as a protest for Michael Badnarik's non-access to the ballot, but I can still identify this as a really big mountain out of a really small molehill.

mdklatt
11/1/2006, 05:35 PM

Not yet, but good call.

TexasSooner01
11/1/2006, 05:39 PM
John Kerry is still a Penis with open sores!

Jerk
11/1/2006, 06:12 PM
It was written for him as "you get us stuck in Iraq." An unfunny line to be sure, but if he had delivered it correctly, his target wouldn't be at issue. I think Kerry is an arrogant mealy-mouthed whiner most of the time, and in 2004 I blank-voted the presidential section as a protest for Michael Badnarik's non-access to the ballot, but I can still identify this as a really big mountain out of a really small molehill.

I understand that is possible. Yet, in 2004 what I heard from the MSM was that Kerry was the 'smart' canidate and Bush was the dumb one. I mean, all Kerry had to do with the line "..and you will be stuck in Iraq" is add "like George Bush" at the end of it, which, it seems, should be easy for such a brilliant Yale grad to do. Republicans are forced to resign for gaffs less serious than this.

Jerk
11/1/2006, 06:16 PM
Remember when D*ck Army called Barney Frank "Barney Fag" on accident?

mdklatt
11/1/2006, 06:29 PM
Remember when D*ck Army called Barney Frank "Barney Fag" on accident?

No.