PDA

View Full Version : Why would any HS QB go to Tejas right now???

goingoneight
10/30/2006, 08:34 PM
For all of the whorns who will bash me for this think about it. Your young QB ain't no Vince, but four years into a system and this kid's really got something. He reminds me a lot of OUr QB's Josh and Paul, the way he handles himself and outsmarts defenses. You're set with Colt and maybe one quality backup like Jevan Snead or Chiles or whoever, but really... does anyone see what I'm seeing? A door has opened for someone to take over a *starting position* at OU, and without even a sneeze, Mack already has a main man under center.

I just hope these high-profile recruits don't let the negative recruiting bother them, because we all know that happens. Even Jesus Carroll at USC has been rumored to have inked a few recruits on rumors. The only thing I'm seeing that hurts OU from getting a blue-chip guy is someone throwing the Bomar/Quinn BS story at these HS Seniors. And I'm telling you right now, Gundy's staff will do it to all the local kids and someone in Tejas wil do that to us, be it Fran, Leach, or someone else.

I know most of you don't really care about blue-chip recruiting, but it is nice to get a guy with hype amongst a group just in case your local guys turn out to be duds. This is of course, no offense to anyone on OU's team.

What do you think???

sanantoniosooner
10/30/2006, 08:38 PM
I think Mack throws QBs under the bus when he has the hots for a new one.

goingoneight
10/30/2006, 08:41 PM
Doesn't everybody?

sanantoniosooner
10/30/2006, 08:42 PM
Doesn't everybody?
No.

bluedogok
10/30/2006, 09:08 PM
How about some good QB's with some character, the "blue chippers" that OU has recruited the past few years have all been brainless duds. It might be better to get someone whose ego hasn't been stroked beyond belief. I do agree that it might be harder for mack to recruit a top-flite QB right now just like Bomar seemed to scare some away last year.

goingoneight
10/30/2006, 09:15 PM
No.

Sarcasm really doesn't work around here anymore...

sanantoniosooner
10/30/2006, 09:19 PM
Sarcasm really doesn't work around here anymore...
No.

goingoneight
10/30/2006, 09:27 PM
No.

No more 'and then!!!'

AustinTXHorn
10/30/2006, 09:27 PM
This time last year you would be wondering why any high school QB would want to go to OU with Bomar seemingly having the job locked up for the next three years.

Things can change in a hurry.

I don't think Chiles is ever going to play a down of college football at QB.

sooner518
10/30/2006, 09:31 PM
This time last year you would be wondering why any high school QB would want to go to OU with Bomar seemingly having the job locked up for the next three years.

I don't think Chiles is ever going to play a down of college football at QB.
So are you saying that McCoy is just as big an idiot as Bomar?

stoopified
10/30/2006, 10:11 PM

I don't think Chiles is ever going to play a down of college football at QB.All true but any STUD HS qb would still be stupid to go to UT.:D

AustinTXHorn
10/30/2006, 10:15 PM
So are you saying that McCoy is just as big an idiot as Bomar?
No, but what if McCoy gets hurt? You saw what happened to Shawn Bell on Saturday, right?

olevetonahill
10/30/2006, 10:21 PM
All true but any STUD HS qb would still be stupid to go to UT.:D
Tru dat
but lets add that any STUD player would be stupid to go to saxet :D

badger
10/30/2006, 10:47 PM
he who must not be named was a primadona from the second his dad told him so. think we can get another year of PT like we did with Jason White?

boomrsoonr
10/31/2006, 12:32 AM
he who must not be named was a primadona from the second his dad told him so. think we can get another year of PT like we did with Jason White?

I agree. There needs to be a "positioning redshirt" from the NCAA. Just for moving to WR and then back to QB. I say one more year for Paul. ;)

All_Day_28
10/31/2006, 02:47 AM
I agree. There needs to be a "positioning redshirt" from the NCAA. Just for moving to WR and then back to QB. I say one more year for Paul. ;)
is that possible:confused:

Texas Law Student
10/31/2006, 03:44 AM
is that possible:confused:

Hey, folks...this thread is dead on, right on the money. Unless he gets hurt, Colt is the future of Texas for the next few years. So the supposition is entirely correct...why would any young QB go to Texas knowing they would sit on their bohanch for the next three years?

Then again, isn't that the exact same problem plaguing OU since Bomar was routed over that stupid car dealership nonsense? You guys have no depth at QB because no talent at QB came to OU knowing they would be sitting on the sidelines while Bomar was the future.

This is why the whole power differential between Texas and OU will always be in a state of ebb and flow. A great and overwhelming dominant team will force young talent to find other venues in which they will shine. I think it is incredibly impressive OU won that battle for 5 years, and because Texas' QB position will be locked for the next few seasons, explosive new talent will go to OU.

Ebb and flow.

Peace out, my friends over the northern border.

Mixer!
10/31/2006, 08:26 AM
Can't spell "stupid" without "stud".... :O